It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I don't have a solution, but maybe a clue: when the video is about to start (after you build a secret project, for example), you have a few seconds when the screen goes dark, and some resolution-changing-or-whatever-magic is happening, to start moving your mouse cursor. I have a feeling that sometimes - when I move the cursor out of the soon-to-be video area in the center, and then back in _(or the opposite - I was moving the mouse reather franticaly, so do not count here on a scientific research data)_, then the video sometimes plays well.

This is just a guess, and I know how stupid that sounds :D ..but sometimes stupid errors may have stupid solutions, don't they? Maybe some cursor settings are related?

It's still my first play (clean install), so I was suspecting that maybe just some videos are broken, while a few are not.
Running the game in compatibility mode for "Windows 98 / Windows Me" might help. For me, that removed the stuttering on the intro. (I haven't tested further movies by building secret projects, yet.)
Running the game in Compatibility Mode seemed to do the trick. No stuttering videos at all.
I selected "Windows XP Service Pack 2" and had no problems after that.
Hope it helps you too!
Since I played this game a lot when it first came out, I just went into the games video setup and turned the movies off. End of problem. I have seen them all many times, so no big deal for me.
Also having this same problem, none of the solutions in this thread have solved it for me.
Not a solution, but I do believe it's totally Microsoft's fault with the 1803 update. If you have Windows Pro version, you can back out of the change and then set a 16 month delay on getting any updates from Microsoft. I figure by then, the Fall 2018 update will have had some testing and maybe this problem will be gone. It's some kind of interrupt handling problem. Apparently it doesn't even matter if your machine is high performance, high spec. They messed up something so badly that even those machines can be affected.

I found the free LatencyMon tool, which can help you diagnose these interrupt handling issues. It was written to diagnose the suitability of a machine for realtime audio processing, but it probably matters for video as well. I can't give you a URL, I don't have a high enough reputation yet. Just web search for it.
i just installed the game today and had stuttering in some of the videos. If I play the videos with the "playuv15" file in the video's folder I get no stutter. However, if I try the "-32" option I get stutter. Could be playing back in 32-bit be the issue? I can't find a game option to change that.
Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Is GOG working on it? Got a yen to play this after a few years, and unfortunately I discovered this problem.
I think I've fixed it.

I changed compatibility mode to Windows XP service pack 2 and check run as administrator in both terranx and playuv15.exe.

Both intro video and a project video have run flawlesly. Soon I'll try new ones ;)

EDIT: Sometimes work, sometimes not. Seems random.
Post edited July 26, 2019 by Minitu
My Windows 10 just updated to the May 2019 yesterday, and the video stutter is gone now. I guess they must have changed again whatever was causing the problem.
i've tried everything in this thread and i still have the same problem. the intro video is fine but any secret project videos are f**ked. a shame because those videos with the voice acting and music really make the game what it is.