It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sailmaker.769: I see update 3.0.4 for Windows is up now. 13 MB manual download, but stupid Galaxy is re-downloading the 2.9GB install.
Yeah Galaxy isn't really the best way to go if you have a bandwidth cap. It just re-downloads every file that's changed when there's an update.
sailmaker.769: I see update 3.0.4 for Windows is up now. 13 MB manual download, but stupid Galaxy is re-downloading the 2.9GB install.
MikeMaximus: Yeah Galaxy isn't really the best way to go if you have a bandwidth cap. It just re-downloads every file that's changed when there's an update.
Geez, glad I'm not using that. Hopefully they'll fix that "feature" soon.
MikeMaximus: Yeah Galaxy isn't really the best way to go if you have a bandwidth cap. It just re-downloads every file that's changed when there's an update.
Sheesh. You had one job, Galaxy. One job. What a pile of …
Banjo_oz: I'm just happy and grateful that GOG has vowed to always make Galaxy optional and to keep us old-fashioned, hands-on, "install the games and patches ourselves" fogies happy customers. :)
The unfortunate counterpart of that "vow" is that every effort seems to be made to make the GOG Downloader experience a dreadful pain in the butt.
It's been treated like house pets when it's time to hit the road for holidays and people just can't bother...
Karboxyd: The unfortunate counterpart of that "vow" is that every effort seems to be made to make the GOG Downloader experience a dreadful pain in the butt.
It's been treated like house pets when it's time to hit the road for holidays and people just can't bother...
You should ditch the GOG Downloader completely and just use a browser add-on such as DownThemAll for Firefox.

I've been using that add-on since Galaxy came out. I can just queue everything up from the website, with the order I want, how many to download at once, and with full resume, pause and bandwidth throttle support . An added bonus is that works on any platform that can run Firefox.
Post edited August 25, 2015 by MikeMaximus
MikeMaximus: You should ditch the GOG Downloader completely and just use a browser add-on such as DownThemAll for Firefox.

I've been using that add-on since Galaxy came out. I can just queue everything up from the website, with the order I want, how many to download at once, and with full resume, pause and bandwidth throttle support . An added bonus is that works on any platform that can run Firefox.
Fair point, though I have to confess I dread the idea of having to depart from the already-existing structure the GOG Downloader provided to my hundreds of games, however shoddy that structure happens to be.

I can only *hope* GOG will one day emerge from its crazed Galaxy-addiction and remember its defaced firstborn still breathes, if ever so slightly, and instead of putting it down, will administrate small touches of love to it, every now and then.

Until then, the whining will go on.
Umm, Linux still seems to be still on 3.0.3. :-/
Oh well, more waiting then.
But on the download side, I downloaded Pillars of Eternity today; v 2.5.0.8 (~6 GB), and now in the evening I find either a patch file of >1 GB and a new version of ~ 6 GB. No description, and version numbers are both off. :(
I'd hope for at least a two-liner with a little description (and a link to a changelog).

But I love browser downloading, downloader addons are not really my cup of tea; often things are W32 only or won't fit Seamonkey (if they are browser addons) and I want to keep my browser clean; only some security-enhancing addons are in there. But thus I have to go for the 6 GB again.
And hopefully soon the 3 GB of SR:HK.
Post edited August 26, 2015 by Adarion
Any idea when the Linux version of the game will be updated ? Waiting the patch to play it ;)
Banjo_oz: I'm just happy and grateful that GOG has vowed to always make Galaxy optional and to keep us old-fashioned, hands-on, "install the games and patches ourselves" fogies happy customers. :)
Karboxyd: The unfortunate counterpart of that "vow" is that every effort seems to be made to make the GOG Downloader experience a dreadful pain in the butt.
I'd forgotten that GOG had another "downloader" that predated Galaxy (there is, right? I've never even tried it!).

I've only ever downloaded games and updates *manually*, like any other file you'd download (i.e. through my normal browser). That's what I liked about GOG from the start; not having to use any sort of "client" to get what I buy onto my hard drive.

On another note: thanks heaps for the quick update, GOG-staff! So pleased we didn't have to wait long for the patch (as we have in the past with a few games).
Post edited August 26, 2015 by Banjo_oz
Yep, downloading the standard way* is nice and one thing I love about gog. Buy. Download. Install. Have fun. No nonsense required. Just as it should be.
* I should test if it works with wget, also.

Still, Linux users are waiting for a v 3.0.4.
The changelog says: "The Linux version will be updated ASAP."
Adarion: Yep, downloading the standard way* is nice and one thing I love about gog. Buy. Download. Install. Have fun. No nonsense required. Just as it should be.
* I should test if it works with wget, also.
It does work with wget, but you've to fiddle a bit to extract your login cookie and provides it to wget. Alternatively, you can use lgogdownloader which is a nice command-line tool that will download (all or part of) your GOG library and then you can just install the games when you want :)
Banjo_oz: I've only ever downloaded games and updates *manually*, like any other file you'd download (i.e. through my normal browser). That's what I liked about GOG from the start; not having to use any sort of "client" to get what I buy onto my hard drive.
^^This +100000.

I also download directly, or via a browser. If a file's size ever bothers me (e.g. connection dies half-way through) then I'd rather use a third-party download manager that I can use with any site.
kilobug: It does work with wget, but you've to fiddle a bit to extract your login cookie and provides it to wget. Alternatively, you can use lgogdownloader...
Thanks for the hint.