It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yesterday, I decided to buy Shadow Warrior Classic Complete. I did not get it as part of the Insomnia sale ($6 isn't going to break the bank) and while the classic is free on Steam, I wanted to buy it for the expansions and to support DRM-free gaming and GOG.

So far I love the game, one thing boggling me is the MacOS X version. Usually when I buy a GOG game, I always back it up to CD-R or DVD-R (depending on the size of the installer and the game's bonus content), and this includes the MacOS X versions too. More or less if I run into that odd scenario of getting a Mac computer, I'd like to have it on hand.

What's boggling me is, why is the Mac version 861 MB and Windows version is 230 MB? I don't know if the Mac version uses anything different, but on Windows it is using DOSBox.

Just seems odd given two other GOGs that use DOSBox I have aren't double the size. Example Duke 3D is 33.4 MB for Windows, 33.2 MB on Mac, and SimCity 2000 is 79.4 MB on Windows, and 75MB on Mac. Not much of a jump compared to Shadow Warrior.
I would contact support and see what they have to say on the matter. Is it possible that the mac version has self contained Boxer directories for Shadow Warrior, Shadow Warrior + Wanton Destruction, and Shadow Warrior + Twin Dragon? It's all in one directory on Windows but you get an ugly terminal window asking which you want to load.
zaine-h: I would contact support and see what they have to say on the matter. Is it possible that the mac version has self contained Boxer directories for Shadow Warrior, Shadow Warrior + Wanton Destruction, and Shadow Warrior + Twin Dragon? It's all in one directory on Windows but you get an ugly terminal window asking which you want to load.
Alright, I'll try that. I just thought I'd ask here in event someone did play the Mac version. Just double the size seems really odd when compared to other DOS games on GOG. Thanks.
tailsy64: Alright, I'll try that. I just thought I'd ask here in event someone did play the Mac version. Just double the size seems really odd when compared to other DOS games on GOG. Thanks.
You can browse through the .dmg with 7-zip. It still needs to temporarily decompress the .hfs (disk image) file.
tailsy64: Alright, I'll try that. I just thought I'd ask here in event someone did play the Mac version. Just double the size seems really odd when compared to other DOS games on GOG. Thanks.
Gydion: You can browse through the .dmg with 7-zip. It still needs to temporarily decompress the .hfs (disk image) file.
Oh wow, I never knew 7-Zip could do that, and I have had 7-Zip on my computer since I got it. Ah I see now, they made all three separate "games", while Windows is the same game all in one with choice.

zaine-h was pretty much spot on. Thanks you two!
tailsy64: Oh wow, I never knew 7-Zip could do that, and I have had 7-Zip on my computer since I got it. Ah I see now, they made all three separate "games", while Windows is the same game all in one with choice.

zaine-h was pretty much spot on. Thanks you two!
Lucky guess! Well, glad that's figured out.