It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi everyone,

Fresh from the developer, the 1.1.0 update for Shadow Warrior (2013)! Check out the new Survival Mode! ;)

Please go to your game shelf and download the Universal update (Patch 1.1.0).

Shadow Warrior 1.1.0
- Survival Mode added (to launch te survival mode - select 'New Game' and then 'Survival'):
+ 3 new maps for survival added: Cemetary, Old Town and Fortress.
+ 3 new Survival Mode leaderboards added.
- Japanese localisation added.
- Hungarian fan-translation added (thanks to Brechler 'lostprophet' Zsolt).
- Fixed a bug that caused some of the Steam leaderboards avatars never to show.
- Loading and saving the game now works faster.
- Additonal code optimization.
- Troll's shield crash fixed.
- Shop lighting fixed.
- Several random crashes fixed.
- Fixed more places throughout the game where players could get stuck or fall below level geometry.
- 'Rise of the Triad' Excalibat melee weapon added.

Shadow Warrior 1.0.9
- Fixed a bug that caused player to crouch sometimes for a moment after loading a save.
- Fixed some old saves causing the game to crash.
- Particles - physics optimized.
- FPS limiter (r_max_fps, 120 by default).
- Fixed video bugs in the menus.
- 'The Walking Dead' Ice Axe melee weapon added.

Have a great day!
Post edited December 18, 2013 by Paczyk
I'm glad to see the game is still being updated!
Paczyk: Hi everyone,

Fresh from the developer, the 1.1.0 update for Shadow Warrior (2013)! Check out the new Survival Mode! ;)

Please go to your game shelf and download the Universal update (Patch 1.1.0).

Shadow Warrior 1.1.0
- Survival Mode added (to launch te survival mode - select 'New Game' and then 'Survival'):
+ 3 new maps for survival added: Cemetary, Old Town and Fortress.
+ 3 new Survival Mode leaderboards added.
- Japanese localisation added.
- Hungarian fan-translation added (thanks to Brechler 'lostprophet' Zsolt).
- Fixed a bug that caused some of the Steam leaderboards avatars never to show.
- Loading and saving the game now works faster.
- Additonal code optimization.
- Troll's shield crash fixed.
- Shop lighting fixed.
- Several random crashes fixed.
- Fixed more places throughout the game where players could get stuck or fall below level geometry.
- 'Rise of the Triad' Excalibat melee weapon added.

Shadow Warrior 1.0.9
- Fixed a bug that caused player to crouch sometimes for a moment after loading a save.
- Fixed some old saves causing the game to crash.
- Particles - physics optimized.
- FPS limiter (r_max_fps, 120 by default).
- Fixed video bugs in the menus.
- 'The Walking Dead' Ice Axe melee weapon added.

Have a great day!
So, I don't need to re-download the entire game, just the patch, right?
hudfreegamer: So, I don't need to re-download the entire game, just the patch, right?
Most likely, yes -- at least that's how the universal update patches at GOG generally work. ( Have yet to download and try my own copy of Shadow Warrior. )
Nice, I bought the game few days ago and it's probably my 2013 GOTY.
Paczyk: - Loading and saving the game now works faster.
That´s sounds great ;)
Loading times were pretty ridiculus...

Oh, and Survival is always a well addition!
awesome update! Thanks!
Tested the patch; loading times are still not optimal, but ways faster (espacially quickload) and Survival Mode is quite Fun, but also quite hard ;)
hudfreegamer: So, I don't need to re-download the entire game, just the patch, right?
CharlesGrey: Most likely, yes -- at least that's how the universal update patches at GOG generally work.
Generally, but GOG has pulled the "oh, sorry, you have to download all 7 GB again" stunt once already with Shadow Warrior (as a result of which I've put my game on hold until it appears that the patches have ended, because they've offered no reason to suppose that the same thing won't happen again).
RadonGOG: loading times are still not optimal
How do you know?
Post edited December 18, 2013 by Shadowcat
Thanks to GoG and FWH. Loading times are indeed faster. Survival mode is good, but no time bonus? I kinda wish there were more maps. Yes, I'm greedy. But no complaints. I fully support devs who give us free stuff.

Edit: there are several types of bonus multipliers. I was mistaken on that.
Post edited December 18, 2013 by scampywiak
Sashh: Nice, I bought the game few days ago and it's probably my 2013 GOTY.
Really? I didn't have very high expectations, which is why I waited until this sale to buy a copy. What did you like about it?
CharlesGrey: Most likely, yes -- at least that's how the universal update patches at GOG generally work.
Shadowcat: Generally, but GOG has pulled the "oh, sorry, you have to download all 7 GB again" stunt once already with Shadow Warrior (as a result of which I've put my game on hold until it appears that the patches have ended, because they've offered no reason to suppose that the same thing won't happen again).
Shadowcat: How do you know?
Since GOG have to pay for all that extra bandwidth, it's in their interest to avoid such situations. Did they mention why it was necessary to re-download the whole thing?

As for the loading times, I think he just meant they're still kinda bad compared to other games. I guess only the devs know whether or not they could be optimized further.
Post edited December 18, 2013 by CharlesGrey
Shadowcat: Generally, but GOG has pulled the "oh, sorry, you have to download all 7 GB again" stunt once already with Shadow Warrior (as a result of which I've put my game on hold until it appears that the patches have ended, because they've offered no reason to suppose that the same thing won't happen again).
Shadowcat: How do you know?
As CharlesGrey already said:
Loading times are not optimal FOR ME!
Also, in comparision to other games; Shadow Warrior has heavier loadingTimes then Risen or Witcher II, which are pretty hard to underbid...
CharlesGrey: Since GOG have to pay for all that extra bandwidth, it's in their interest to avoid such situations. Did they mention why it was necessary to re-download the whole thing?
The stated reason was:

I wish we could provide a patch but, unfortunately, the last two patches changed so much within the game that we wanted to avoid any patching issues that could have arisen.
Which in the absence of any actual useful details could mean "We're not very good at patching", but I decided most likely meant:

"This was a very large patch, and we're so blindly fixated on our precious custom scheme of only ever having one single 'universal patch' which applies to all previous versions of the game, that releasing this as a patch would mean all our future universal patches would also have to be very large. Rather than do the sane thing and introduce cumulative patching, we'll just say a big F.U. to everyone who has already downloaded the game, and make them download all 7GB again."

My reaction might be "grin and bear it", were it not for the fact that this is never going to be an isolated situation. Very large games sometimes need very large patches, and the single universal patch approach simply breaks down in this situation; so insisting on that approach when the cost to the end-user (who may well have a bandwidth cap) is to re-download multiple gigabytes of game is just dumb.

Give us cumulative patches, damn it! (at least as an option).

Given this experience I would have to recommend that people who care about bandwidth should probably be extremely wary of purchasing very large games from GOG -- or very large NEW games, at any rate. I'm certainly not likely to be doing so again, until a saner patching option is introduced (which makes me sad, but it's the only sensible decision IMO).
Post edited December 19, 2013 by Shadowcat
I love this Reboot! :-)
CharlesGrey: Since GOG have to pay for all that extra bandwidth, it's in their interest to avoid such situations. Did they mention why it was necessary to re-download the whole thing?
Shadowcat: The stated reason was:

I wish we could provide a patch but, unfortunately, the last two patches changed so much within the game that we wanted to avoid any patching issues that could have arisen.
Shadowcat: Which in the absence of any actual useful details could mean "We're not very good at patching", but I decided most likely meant:

"This was a very large patch, and we're so blindly fixated on our precious custom scheme of only ever having one single 'universal patch' which applies to all previous versions of the game, that releasing this as a patch would mean all our future universal patches would also have to be very large. Rather than do the sane thing and introduce cumulative patching, we'll just say a big F.U. to everyone who has already downloaded the game, and make them download all 7GB again."

My reaction might be "grin and bear it", were it not for the fact that this is never going to be an isolated situation. Very large games sometimes need very large patches, and the single universal patch approach simply breaks down in this situation; so insisting on that approach when the cost to the end-user (who may well have a bandwidth cap) is to re-download multiple gigabytes of game is just dumb.

Give us cumulative patches, damn it! (at least as an option).

Given this experience I would have to recommend that people who care about bandwidth should probably be extremely wary of purchasing very large games from GOG -- or very large NEW games, at any rate. I'm certainly not likely to be doing so again, until a saner patching option is introduced (which makes me sad, but it's the only sensible decision IMO).
That was a one-time thing with the re-downloading of the entire installer for Shadow Warrior. As you can see we have been giving just the patches which are much, much smaller :)
Post edited December 19, 2013 by JudasIscariot