It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Typed this out last night while trying to problem solve the startup crashes.

Every time i launch the game it crashes on the first scene with the sword.
Happens even if i launch as administrator.
Have been looking through this website and the steam site and there are quite a few people with the same issue.

A couple of odd things i have noticed after installing this game.
For some reason the executable wants to connect to cdprojekt servers on udp syslog port 514, but i don't have galaxy installed.

Right clicking the shadowwarrior2.exe and going to compatability tab, the settings box options are greyed out and Disable display scaling on high DPI settings is checked.
Even if i click on 'change settings for all users' and enter my admin account password, all the settings box options are still greyed out.

Changing compatabity settings to windows vista allows the game to play.
The game did indeed run but i got a visual c++ runtime error with the error code: R6025 - pure virtual function call.
Even though the error box was there the game was running and didn't freeze.
Same thing occurs if i change the compatability to windows seven (the irony), the error box remains but i can go and change graphics settings etc.

Windows 7pro x64
8gb ram
amd phenom 2 x6 1050t
Radeon r9 200 series 4gb
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply