It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hello,

I found a solution for the game to run on Windows 10. Please make this post sticky.

After installing the game, you need to remove all .avi files from the installation dir as well as "ddraw.dll" and "QuickTime.qts".

Download the following file. It contains the movies and the QT fix: mega.nz/#!tB80ULaS!W0DyyPzWa3lS7in_ko7L3lgckNcY0MMLf-VXXxRIM-I

Replace the .DB files in the installation dir with the ones from my archive.

Place the files inside the archive "QT4.zip" into your C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (Or C:\Windows\System32 if you have 32 bits Windows)

You will find "QT4.zip" in my uploaded archive.

Conclusion: Videos work and there is no stuttering. It's like back in '99 when the game was released.

PS: I'm not allowed to publish full links here. You'll need to copy the link into your browser to access the file hosted at mega. I've scanned the file with Virustotal and it's clean:

virustotal.com/en/file/806b27d23ca0c17d7fd4b502de6690c335fdbea10a8523390ac27b647730ebb4/analysis/1448203864/
Post edited March 23, 2018 by Silvery-Corgan
This question / problem has been solved by GoronMegaZordimage
Silvery-Corgan: Hello,

I found a solution for the game to run on Windows 10. Please make this post sticky.

After installing the game, you need to remove all .avi files from the installation dir as well as "ddraw.dll" and "QuickTime.qts".

Download the following file. It contains the movies and the QT fix: mega.nz/#!tB80ULaS

Replace the .DB files in the installation dir with the ones from my archive.

Place the files inside the archive "QT4.zip" into your C:\Windows\SysWOW64

You will find "QT4.zip" in my uploaded archive.

Conclusion: Videos work and there is no stuttering. It's like back in '99 when the game was released.

PS: I'm not allowed to publish full links here. You'll need to copy the link into your browser to access the file hosted at mega. I've scanned the file with Virustotal and it's clean:

virustotal.com/en/file/806b27d23ca0c17d7fd4b502de6690c335fdbea10a8523390ac27b647730ebb4/analysis/1448203864/
Your MEGA link is asking me for a decryption key. Is that normal? Because that way, I can't access your files.
POLE7645: Your MEGA link is asking me for a decryption key. Is that normal? Because that way, I can't access your files.
My bad. I'm new to mega.nz

I've updated my post with the full link.
Post edited November 24, 2015 by Silvery-Corgan
Tried it and it works perfectly, Thanks,
I also followed this exactly as you had written it and it works great.

Thank you so much.
I cannot get permission to copy the fi8els to syswow64 security option allows me to go to EDIT, but doesn't allow me to tick "full control" on any option!
Works wonders!

Thanks buddy! :D
Works 100%! Thank you!
this worked for me The solution that worked for me was to remove ddraw.dll from the game's folder, then remove the quicktime and quicktime preferences files from the game's folder. This will cause the movies to not play at all, but resolves the slowdown issue. There are only a handful of movies, none of which are spoilery, so manually watching the AVI files ahead of time should give you an idea of why certain transitions happen in game.
Post edited December 20, 2015 by BlazeCES
Sticky and integrate this!
UK_John: I cannot get permission to copy the fi8els to syswow64 security option allows me to go to EDIT, but doesn't allow me to tick "full control" on any option!
You'll need to have administrative permissions on your machine in order to write into the Syswow64 folder. Log in using an admin account and it will work.
UK_John: I cannot get permission to copy the fi8els to syswow64 security option allows me to go to EDIT, but doesn't allow me to tick "full control" on any option!
Silvery-Corgan: You'll need to have administrative permissions on your machine in order to write into the Syswow64 folder. Log in using an admin account and it will work.
I am signed in under an Administration Account. But I reinstalled the game copied the files needed to installation folder, again couldn't copy to WOW64, but nevertheless, tried the game and it works! So for me at least, it seems I didn't need to copy anything to the System folder, just do the AVI thing!
Thank you! It works!
Thank you very much!
Works exactly as it should :)
Hey Man,

Thanks for this. Videos play fine now but my mouse and game run very slow. Like 1 FPS. Any ideas?