It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello Everone :)

First of all i want to thank the people who have been working to make this game work for everbody!

Fresh on my Windows 10 i installed Septerra Core and i got the weird purple screen, then i found this topic and did the movie and Quicktime trick and it worked! Finally i could play this great game again.

Saddley when i did my first atteck with Grubb, i got a sound delay of about 1-2 seconds. This will happen when i use the following 2 attacks, 1.Staff & 4.Staffhit.

Is there anybody who knows a solution for this problem?

(i really do not want to go back to my CD version with the audio dialoge skips)
Silvery-Corgan: There's a new fix for the game available in the form of an updated ddraw.dll

You can download dgVoodoo2 from http://dege.freeweb.hu/

You will need to extract the contents of the MS folder to Septerra Core's root folder and overwrite ddraw.dll

Also extract dgVoodooCpl.exe and play a bit with those settings and see which one works for your system.
Thank you for this, @Silvery-Corgan! Replacing the ddraw.dll file from dgvoodoo got rid of the mouse cursor stuttering / being slow / being 1hz on the Title Screen!

Now I just need to get the movies working again!

==========
Edit 1:
==========
I can confirm the movies not working seems to be a problem with the ddraw.dll.

Old ddraw.dll: movies work, but the mouse cursor is stuttery / 1hz
DGVoodoo ddraw.dll : Everything works fine, but the movies don't play.

I'll report back if I manage to fix it.

==========
Edit 2:
==========
Okay, after hours and hour of research, here's my best solution:

- I can get a smoothly running game, the movies will play sound, but show no video.
- I can switch to a different exe and watch the videos fine, but the game will stutter.
- End result: I'm going to play the game mostly using dgVoodoo for smooth gameplay and if I see that a movie starts playing, I'll quit, get up to right before the movie plays, Quick Save, and then reload the other exe.

If this sounds good to you, here's what you have to do.

==================
Let's Fix This Crap
==================

1.) Install GoG version of game.
2.) Download the db versions of the videos from the following link. This is a mirror of Silvery-Corgan's files. Drag these DB files into the install directory, overwriting the old 0KB ones. (Back up the old ones if you want to.)
Link: https://mega.nz/file/nzZl2CLY#rl1WOOWFnqinwqnQS3OsKlpRATnXWOJ5KlqXLt4plUo
3.) Download dgVoodoo from the URL, go to MS > x86 and drag "DDraw.dll" into your install directory, overwriting the old one. (Backup the old one if you want.)
Link: http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html
4.) Download the Static Recompiled version of the exe and its associated libraries from the link. Drag and drop all the files into the install directory, as the "readme-Windows.txt" states.
Link: https://github.com/M-HT/SR
5.) septerra.exe should start the smoother-running version of the game. You'll hear the movies, but won't see them.
6.) Run SR-Septerra.exe to run a mostly playable version of the game that still stutters a bit. You'll be able to see the movies at least, though.

Hope this helps someone...
Post edited July 18, 2020 by GoronMegaZord
michiel1982: don't know. I have no problems with the video's ? Maybe because I installed a CODEC pack with the right codecs by pure luck?
bountyhunter76: i have tried most , i even did the renaming , but can't see any of the movies and is in a much smaller screen, any ideas would highly appreciated
hmmm try the K-lite codec pack? It includes some quicktime stuff.

you basically need another version then the one included with the game. But I don't know which one.
Schuutje: Hello Everone :)

First of all i want to thank the people who have been working to make this game work for everbody!

Fresh on my Windows 10 i installed Septerra Core and i got the weird purple screen, then i found this topic and did the movie and Quicktime trick and it worked! Finally i could play this great game again.

Saddley when i did my first atteck with Grubb, i got a sound delay of about 1-2 seconds. This will happen when i use the following 2 attacks, 1.Staff & 4.Staffhit.

Is there anybody who knows a solution for this problem?

(i really do not want to go back to my CD version with the audio dialoge skips)
Yeah I have that too, I don't know a fix though. I just accepted it. The game runs fine otherwise. :)
Post edited July 27, 2020 by michiel1982
After faffing about with all sorts of fixes for an hour, I came to the following conclusion:
* The game needs the updated version of QuickTime.qts - get this form the previous posts and paste it straight into the game's install folder. (Replace the existing file)
* The game needs the updated .db files for all movies - fetch them from previous posts and paste them into the game's install folder. (replace the existing files)
* The game needs an updated ddraw.dll - go to the dgVoodo2 website (open it with Edge - Chrome complains that the site's unsafe). Go to the downloads section and get the latest stable version (for me it was 2.63.2). Download the .zip, labeled "for regular usage". The password for it is written next to the download link on the site (password: shitgoogle). From this .zip file, you only need the DDraw.dll - it's located in the MS\x86 folder in the zip. Paste this file into the game's install folder. Overwrite the existing file.

After all this, it should start up without any issues - it works for me at least.

I have installed the game on 2 machines.
On my laptop, which only has an integrated graphics card in the Intel CPU, the game starts up directly after a fresh install without any need for a fix whatsoever, and runs fine.
On my desktop PC, with an NVidia card, I need to do these fixes, otherwise the videos don't play and the game runs at 1 fps. Seems the issue stems from running the game on a dedicated graphics card, instead of the one, integrated into the CPU
egelon: After faffing about with all sorts of fixes for an hour, I came to the following conclusion:
* The game needs the updated version of QuickTime.qts - get this form the previous posts and paste it straight into the game's install folder. (Replace the existing file)
* The game needs the updated .db files for all movies - fetch them from previous posts and paste them into the game's install folder. (replace the existing files)
* The game needs an updated ddraw.dll - go to the dgVoodo2 website (open it with Edge - Chrome complains that the site's unsafe). Go to the downloads section and get the latest stable version (for me it was 2.63.2). Download the .zip, labeled "for regular usage". The password for it is written next to the download link on the site (password: shitgoogle). From this .zip file, you only need the DDraw.dll - it's located in the MS\x86 folder in the zip. Paste this file into the game's install folder. Overwrite the existing file.

After all this, it should start up without any issues - it works for me at least.

I have installed the game on 2 machines.
On my laptop, which only has an integrated graphics card in the Intel CPU, the game starts up directly after a fresh install without any need for a fix whatsoever, and runs fine.
On my desktop PC, with an NVidia card, I need to do these fixes, otherwise the videos don't play and the game runs at 1 fps. Seems the issue stems from running the game on a dedicated graphics card, instead of the one, integrated into the CPU
Thank you very much, man (and also thank you to everyone who provided help on this thread)!
The game now runs perfectly on my win10 machine, with perfect videos, sound and speed.
Sorry for necroposting, but...
Does anyone have the qts file or do I have to install Quicktime to get it? I am concerned about installing it as it might mess with other games and programs I have installed.
BigFattyPlus: Sorry for necroposting, but...
Does anyone have the qts file or do I have to install Quicktime to get it? I am concerned about installing it as it might mess with other games and programs I have installed.
I believe that the Quicktime qts file being referenced is from this post https://www.gog.com/forum/septerra_core_legacy_of_the_creator/fix_for_windows_10_works_100/post42 Just copy and paste the provided link into your browser window (I just tried it and link still works)

That being said, I wasn't able to get the game and movies working properly this way myself. Hopefully you'll have better luck!

For me, the fix was using the SR port. Though the mouse polling rate needs to be set low, like 125 Hz to run smoothly.
Check my post here, if your interested in trying this with your system. https://www.gog.com/forum/septerra_core_legacy_of_the_creator/interesting_note_for_those_wanting_to_play_septerra_core_using_the_sr_port/post1
Post edited November 15, 2020 by Crimson_T
Holy frak, the fix you posted worked like a charm! It plays the vids no problem and the gameplay is fine! I can deal with the mouse since I don't know how to set my mouse polling. But still, thank you!
The fix worked for me, thanks so much guys!

Just to be clear:

1. Download the two zips from Beasty_Donald's "anonfile" links from post 42 (Crimson_T above links to the post)

2. In the game directory, remove all the following:
- all .AVI files
- all .DB files
- ddraw.dll
- QuickTime.qts

3. Replace the .DB files with the ones from the "Video.zip" that you downloaded

4. Run the QuickTimeInstaller.bat as administrator, from the "QuickTime Installer_(242ccb8b).zip" that you downloaded.
(or just copy the QuickTime.qtp and QuickTime.qts into
C:\Windows\SysWOW64)

5. Game should finally work, with videos and performance and all!

Edit: ...except now it's not using the ddraw.dll patch, there's no way to run it with integer scaling (the ScaleMode in the ini file is ignored) so it stretches to fit the screen and all the pixels are blurry. I can choose from:

- Integer scaled, perfect performance, but the videos only play audio (ddraw.dll patch, using 16-bit color mode)
- Integer scaled, full videos, but the performance is unplayable (ddraw.dll patch, normal colors)
- Perfect performance and full videos, but no scaling options (remove the ddraw.dll and use the QuickTime / DB file fix as above)

Can't win'em all, I guess.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by thefongz
DGVoodoo2 and github fix ill have to try them out
Post edited January 04, 2021 by Beasty_Donald
Got this to run with both, movies working and no stuttering on Win10.

First step was replacing the ddraw.dll which I got from dgvoodoo.
Second was replacing the DB files with the ones from GoronMegaZord's link.

I dunno why this worked now, but I just thought I'd leave this here since most posts implied the opposite order which didn't work for me.

When I replaced the DB files first and the ddraw.dll second all I would get is, as other people posted before, a working stutter-free game but no movies.

But for some strange technomagical reasons reversing the step order was what fixed it for me.
Just removing the ddraw.dll and quicktime.qts fixed the stutter for me. But yeah, seems the movies don't play then.
Post edited May 06, 2021 by jinxed85
GoronMegaZord: 2.) Download the db versions of the videos from the following link. This is a mirror of Silvery-Corgan's files. Drag these DB files into the install directory, overwriting the old 0KB ones. (Back up the old ones if you want to.)
Link: https://mega.nz/file/nzZl2CLY#rl1WOOWFnqinwqnQS3OsKlpRATnXWOJ5KlqXLt4plUo
Thank you so much! :)

I had to delete the ddraw.dll file to avoid the stuttering, so now I'm using the Peixoto patch to make the graphics sharper, but the videos didn't work even though I followed their directions for installing Quicktime 4. However, I just replaced my videos with the ones from your link and now the videos work in game!

Here's the link to the Peixoto patch in case it helps:

[url=]https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Septerra_Core:_Legacy_of_the_Creator#Essential_improvements[/url]
Post edited May 14, 2021 by Jennifer
For anyone just joining in, I'll reiterate stuff said over the past 3 pages.
If you are starting the game and the game runs at single digit framerates (laggy mouse, laggy game), this is how you fix it

1. Delete ddraw.dll and quicktime.qts files from game directory.
This will fix the framerate issue, but also disable all videos in the game. To fix the videos...

2. Download updated video files from mega.nz/file/nzZl2CLY#rl1WOOWFnqinwqnQS3OsKlpRATnXWOJ5KlqXLt4plUo and copy & paste the individual files (inside the Video folder) directly into the game's directory. This should overwrite files of the same name.
Credit for the link goes to GoronMegaZord's post 47 (at least, that's where I found it).
If these links are ever down and you cannot get a hold of these video files, PM me. If I'm still on this site, I'll send you the files.

At this point, the game should work perfectly. In case it doesn't though...

~3. If you are still not seeing videos (you are sent directly to main menu on startup), maybe try installing QuickTime 4? That's the only other thing I did while I was testing all fixes recommended throughout this thread, but I don't think it contributed to it eventually working. Do the full install (not custom or whatever other options there were). Make sure to uncheck the Internet Explorer option to avoid bloatware.

Note: I tried the Peixoto patch mentioned in post 58 by Jennifer. Running the game using that patch broke the game into pieces, but the patch program instructed me to download and install QuickTime 4. I suggest not working with that patch, but that's just me.
Post edited June 27, 2021 by Kaplau93
Thank you ! It works ! You have my gratitude.