It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi !

Since I know about RCT, I'm a pretty huge fan and I'd really like to be able to play RCT and/or RCT2 on Windows 8 (64bit).
I'm running an Intel i7 3770K with 16Gigs of RAM, so it should not be a problem.
I'm worried that my two way SLI of 560Ti might not be supported with such an old game.
But that isn't my question.

I'd like to know if there is a native support for 1080p resolution, or if there is some window mode that really works and is "ready to run" instead of trying to patch a game with a dozens of tool that may not exist anymore.
I'd like to know also if there will be consequences on the gameplay side about the fullscreen 1080p mode, or the windowed mode, on my computer.

Thanks.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
SenpaiSilver: Hi !

Since I know about RCT, I'm a pretty huge fan and I'd really like to be able to play RCT and/or RCT2 on Windows 8 (64bit).
I'm running an Intel i7 3770K with 16Gigs of RAM, so it should not be a problem.
I'm worried that my two way SLI of 560Ti might not be supported with such an old game.
But that isn't my question.

I'd like to know if there is a native support for 1080p resolution, or if there is some window mode that really works and is "ready to run" instead of trying to patch a game with a dozens of tool that may not exist anymore.
I'd like to know also if there will be consequences on the gameplay side about the fullscreen 1080p mode, or the windowed mode, on my computer.

Thanks.
i have the disc versions of all 3 games, and the first 2 i have all the expansions too. i would really love to play them again, but i do not want to play them full screen, i want to play them window. its really the only thing that stops me from playing them... 3 lost something when it went 3d... apart from my favorite attractions, it just lost something i cant put my finger on.

if either game 1 or 2 was windowable i would buy them again in a heartbeat.
I bought RCT 1, I play it on a notebook with W7x64 and a Radeon 4650 with a 1366x768 screen.
The game runs flawlessly, altough with the high resolution things can get a little too small, but nothing that a screen magnifier can't handle.
About resolutions, the fullscreen only supports up to 1024x768, but if i go windowed and drag the window corners i can choose any window size, and maximize if the screen, it almost takes my full desktop screen, i think it goes to 1280x800. Don't know if when windowed it can get any bigger than this.
One note about windowed mode: it might get confusing to switch tasks because when you minimize the game or switch to another window, the left clicks won't respond, so simply do a right click outside of the game window to restore left clicking on the other windows.

The RCT 2 supports up to 1280x1024 screens in windowed, i couldn't manage to get it to fullscreen. The windowed in RCT2 doesn't have the same freedom of the RCT 1, you can't drag the window corners to get any window size you want. Also, the windowed doesn't work well in higher resolutions, the height of the screen doesn't allign well, so the mouse clicks are always off up or down several pixels, really annoying. I could get it working only up to 1280x720, but it may be due to my native resolution.
Post edited March 30, 2013 by chato_albert
For RCT1 I can't always get the focus on other windows when I decide to leave the grame running and go do stuff on Google Chrome.
Is there any way to ALT TAB correctly ?

I adopted the window mode and it's not that bad in fact.
SenpaiSilver: For RCT1 I can't always get the focus on other windows when I decide to leave the grame running and go do stuff on Google Chrome.
Is there any way to ALT TAB correctly ?

I adopted the window mode and it's not that bad in fact.
run rct.exe from the installation folder.. (normally goglauncher.exe is started) for me that solved those problems..