It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi Jellewe.

I agree that many RLdepacker 1.4 online are viruses.

Here is a virus free RL!dePacker v1.41:

www. c0rk.org /dls/unpackers/RL!dePacker.rar

You said that the unpacked EXE gives you an error code when starting, this is what was happening to me unpacking on the Windows 7 machine I have. I also don't have any other machine and ended up running the RLdepacker 1.4 program in Windows XP within Virtualbox. If you manually click on Find OEP! before running Unpack, you will have the same problems. You should let the program auto-detect the OEP during the Unpack, so basically don't click anything other than Unpack. Another thing is changing any settings before clicking Unpack will cause it to corrupt the resulting unpacked file, thus giving an error as you are getting.

Lastly, regarding why they used this protection. Well this is in fact just compression software for EXE files, probably used to bring the overall file size down.

Another thing is the unpacked EXE should be around 5 MB, if yours is around 8 MB or more, then it is an error with the unpacker, see above.

I didn't really want to post my EXE, but maybe I will.

Good Luck.
Post edited January 24, 2014 by merlinmike
OK guys here it is:

RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe GOG.com Version - Unpacked & Windowed Mode Hack:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------
www. dfiles.eu /files/dqx9sa07y

ENJOY
Post edited January 24, 2014 by merlinmike
Thank you, I'm really glad the hack finally works with the GOG release. I always found it very useful because it enhances the gameplay in RCT a lot and it works without flaws. Thanks for sharing the files as well, that saves me a lot of effort.
merlinmike:
Hmm, RL!dePacker.rar only gives me suspicious links.
I will try and ask if GOG support can just provide the unpacked RCT.EXE.
GOG support was kind to supply a working link for a modded RCT.EXE.
Read the readme in the zip file for instructions as for what does what.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106372714/RCT.Deluxe-GOG-windowed-mode.zip

Hurray for GOG! =)
Post edited April 03, 2014 by Strijkbout
merlinmike: The custom resolution hack doesn't work because the EXE is packed using Neolite.

To unpack the RCT.EXE file:

[......]

9. Proceed with the following hacking steps for fullscreen resolutions (Maximum fullscreen resolution is 1280x1024):
www. wsgf .org/dr/rollercoaster-tycoon

[......]

11. After following above guide and hex editing in the new resolution, copy the new RCT.EXE into the installation folder, in my case:
C:\Program Files\GOGcom\RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe\

Enjoy your new hacked display resolution.
merlinmike: OK guys here it is:

RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe GOG.com Version - Unpacked & Windowed Mode Hack:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------
www. dfiles.eu /files/dqx9sa07y

ENJOY
Thank you SO MUCH !
It's working great ! Thanks to you, I was able to modify the .exe you gave and I'm now able to play 1280x720 fullscreen !!
Thank you for your explanations, and too for the unpacked .exe !
And a little tip : you can conserve the original .exe on the GOG's installation directory (you do not need to touch it or remove it), if you give another name to the .exe you modified. And this way you can choose the .exe you want to launch the game ! (for original resolution or widescreen resolution). The manipulation is finally easy when you've got the unpacked .exe :D
A DREAM !! THANK YOU !!

Strijkbout: GOG support was kind to supply a working link for a modded RCT.EXE.
Read the readme in the zip file for instructions as for what does what.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106372714/RCT.Deluxe-GOG-windowed-mode.zip

Hurray for GOG! =)
: it seems to be the same files than the ones merlinmike provided (I'm just saying it, if some people wonder)

Thank you both of you, and to GOG :)

Edit : Some update, please see my post below this one !
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Splatsch
I must add : GOG just updated the languages included.
I installed the French version... And was able to do the hack without any trouble ! It's not a "packed" .exe (thank you GOG for this) !

I can play in FRENCH on my widescreen ! I assume it could be appliable for other languages :D

Thanks for you and for GOG !! (for letting the original file, and for all the work you're doing !)

Edit : Maybe someone should stick this thread, so all RCT1 fans could easily find it :)
Here is the procedure to follow for the hack : http://www.wsgf.org/dr/rollercoaster-tycoon
Post edited June 20, 2015 by Splatsch
i downloaded the unpacked exe provided from gog, and its working with 1280x720 fullscreen on Win8.1 x64.

But, how can i have my german language back?!

@Splatsch: where did you get a french version? Contact GOG-Support?

Thanks.
ASD-13: i downloaded the unpacked exe provided from gog, and its working with 1280x720 fullscreen on Win8.1 x64.

But, how can i have my german language back?!

@Splatsch: where did you get a french version? Contact GOG-Support?

Thanks.
Hi !
Before answering, I would like to give you a quick small advice in forum : when you reply to someone, I suggest to use the "reply" button (on top right of the message you want to reply to). If it's an old thread, concerned people will be noticed that someone replied to him (because, you know... there is so much old thread, there is chance they didn't immediately notice it without doing this way).

Long time I did this. Hum... If I remember well, GOG installer's were finally (after all of this) already installing the game with an "unpacked" .exe (in fact the unpacked .exe is the normal/original .exe of the game) : see the myself from the past talking.
I suggest you to download normally the game in your language, and try to follow our instructions directly with the .exe into the installation folder of your german version installed :)
If you've troubles (or if it worked), don't hesitate to tell us, we (and I) will be happy to try to help you !
Post edited February 13, 2015 by Splatsch
I tried it again - but without success. Here is what i did:

downloaded RCT-Setup (german) from GOG
installed in new folder
hex-compared the RCT.EXE with the one i had already installed: they are identic
in the RCT.exe i changed the hex values for the resolution hack
saved as new file
started the new exe -> windowed mode
changed resolution in settings -> window mode (on all resolutions)

maybe the german version of the game is still packed or something?! :-o
Post edited February 26, 2015 by ASD-13
ASD-13: I tried it again - but without success. Here is what i did:

downloaded RCT-Setup (german) from GOG
installed in new folder
hex-compared the RCT.EXE with the one i had already installed: they are identic
in the RCT.exe i changed the hex values for the resolution hack
saved as new file
started the new exe -> windowed mode
changed resolution in settings -> window mode (on all resolutions)

maybe the german version of the game is still packed or something?! :-o
I'm not sure to fully understand : "hex-compared the RCT.EXE with the one i had already installed" you compared the english-unpacked with the RCT.exe of your fresh german installed version ? Or from a previous version you installed before all this ? (and so that you have two version installed at the same time ?)

I tried it myself with the german version : it's working perfectly for me (and I confirm what I said earlier : the .exe of the installed games are now unpacked, for english, french and german, and I assume for others).
I downloaded the latest german installer, and after fully uninstalled my previous RCT1 game from my computer (for a clean german instal), installed the german one (and so there will be only this version installed on your computer)(and not data/configuration from any previous installation).
I used RCT.EXE inside the folder "C:\GOG Games\RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe (German)" (which is unpacked), and followed the instructions here (the fullscreen part, of course) : http://www.wsgf.org/dr/rollercoaster-tycoon .
These steps worked for me for the german version at 1280x768 (which is not my native resolution I must add, but it was for testing if it would work even in another resolution than mine).

So, my advice won't be very useful, I'm really sorry, because I'm not good at this kind of things (it was the first time I touched a hex editor when I followed the instructions in the first time, and I made so many mistakes and had hard time, and I haven't really improved since XD), but : try again with a fresh and clear install, it may help. I don't understand why it wouldn't work for you... Which resolution do you want ? What is your system ?
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Splatsch
Hi Splatsch,

at first, wow, thank you very much for the time you spent to help me with my problem!! :-) Thats really great!!

in reply to your first question: i hex-compared the downloaded exe with the already installed .exe to be sure, that in the meantime nothing had changed... ;-)
But only compared the RCT.exe...

Ok, i will make a backup and then clean up all the rct-installations from my computer. Then, how you did, i install it again and apply the "hack". :-)
I hope it will work then - if not, its only a game.. :-D and english is ok, too! I would prefer fullscreen instead of german! ;-)

Hm, i think the best resolution for me would be 1280x720. Because with x768 the screen was not fully filled.

I have Windows 8.1 x64.

Thanks again...
:-)
Sorry, it does not work. I don´t know what the problem is...

I cleaned up the installations, restarted win (just to be sure), downloaded the german rct-setup file from gog. Installed it.
Copied the RCT.exe and applied the hack on the copied one (problem?!).

I added screenshots of the differences between the original exe and my changed one.

Then i started the modified exe. RCT opened in a small window. Go to Options and change the resolution to 800x600. Then "display errors" occured and the game was again in windowed mode.

Then i started the original rct.exe. Changed to 800x600 and other resolutions. Started again with the modified exe and tested all resolutions. None worked...

What am i doing wrong...?! ;-)

Are my hex-values wrong? !!

Also attached my small own written howto with the hex-values i used... (also content copied from the websites like wsgf.)
Attachments:
explorer.png (46 Kb)
ASD-13: Copied the RCT.exe and applied the hack on the copied one (problem?!).
I don't think it's a problem.

ASD-13: Then i started the modified exe. RCT opened in a small window. Go to Options and change the resolution to 800x600. Then "display errors" occured and the game was again in windowed mode.
Have you tried to launch the original RCT.EXE before, putting the game at 800x600 (the hack only works with this resolution selected in game), closing game, and after this only, launching the widescreen .EXE ? (you should'nt have to change the resolution option : the widescreen .EXE use same options than the normal .EXE)

ASD-13: What am i doing wrong...?! ;-)
I don't know, and may be it's not even your fault XD (you know, computer things...)

ASD-13: Are my hex-values wrong? !!
No, they seem ok for a widescreen 1280x720 resolution ;)

1) What is your native resolution ?

2) The strange thing is that the english hack works for you, and when you follow same steps for german with same resolution hack, your game launch windowed, for every resolution selected. When you launch again the original .EXE, is the game still windowed or does he launch fullscreen ?

3) Have you compared the compatibility settings of your new .EXE with the ones from the original .EXE ? May be should you look at here too (the section about Windows 8.1) and try some compatibility settings with the widescreen .EXE : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=275518448

4) And what about the window hack ? If the widescreen's doesn't work and if you want to play in german, may be should you take a look at it.

And it's normal to help when you can, even if it's a little :)

But well, if nothing works and if you don't mind english, well... may be it'll be the solution :/
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Splatsch
ASD-13: Copied the RCT.exe and applied the hack on the copied one (problem?!).
Splatsch: I don't think it's a problem.

ASD-13: Then i started the modified exe. RCT opened in a small window. Go to Options and change the resolution to 800x600. Then "display errors" occured and the game was again in windowed mode.
Splatsch: Have you tried to launch the original RCT.EXE before, putting the game at 800x600 (the hack only works with this resolution selected in game), closing game, and after this only, launching the widescreen .EXE ? (you should'nt have to change the resolution option : the widescreen .EXE use same options than the normal .EXE)

ASD-13: What am i doing wrong...?! ;-)
Splatsch: I don't know, and may be it's not even your fault XD (you know, computer things...)

ASD-13: Are my hex-values wrong? !!
Splatsch: No, they seem ok for a widescreen 1280x720 resolution ;)

1) What is your native resolution ?

2) The strange thing is that the english hack works for you, and when you follow same steps for german with same resolution hack, your game launch windowed, for every resolution selected. When you launch again the original .EXE, is the game still windowed or does he launch fullscreen ?

3) Have you compared the compatibility settings of your new .EXE with the ones from the original .EXE ? May be should you look at here too (the section about Windows 8.1) and try some compatibility settings with the widescreen .EXE : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=275518448

4) And what about the window hack ? If the widescreen's doesn't work and if you want to play in german, may be should you take a look at it.

And it's normal to help when you can, even if it's a little :)

But well, if nothing works and if you don't mind english, well... may be it'll be the solution :/
To complete this - i started a new try:
- uninstalled rct
- installed rct
- started original rct.exe and changed resolution to 800x600 and quit
- started the modified version (1280x720) - this one "crashed" immediately to windowed mode...

as seen in the readme from gog with the unpacked.exe: "Make sure your monitor supports the resolution you are trying to run the game (say, 1280x720), otherwise it will revert back to 640x480."
- i used again the unpacked.exe, changed the hex-values to 1280x720 - this worked for me! This resoluion is therefore supported by my system (normaly i have 1920x1080).
Well, with 1280x720 the game fully fills my monitor. Now i use this to play the game. :-)
Thanks Splatsch! :-)