It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello All,

I tried to start the game, but nothing happens aftter pressing "Play" in GOG Galaxy. The button just greys out for a second.

I tried "Launch RIsen" shortcut located in game directory and got error message about some Physics SDK.

As I red on the forums, this is Nvidia technology that is needed to run the game.

So I wonder: can I run Risen 1 with an AMD GPU (RX580)? Is this Physics technology available for me without Nvidia card?
I've never played Risen on an AMD GPU myself, but supposedly all you need to do ---(EDIT: compulsory newline because of links)---
is install PhysX (which can be somewhat confusing, since Nvidia acquired PhysX about a decade ago and started marketing it heavily as a technology unique to them, but that's not completely true*) even though you don't have an Nvidia card, so I'd say give it a try.

* Even though you can't run PhysX on an AMD GPU, you can still use the SW to utilize it through the CPU (which, of course, doesn't produce nearly the same results because CPUs aren't built for that kind of stuff, but it works). Or at least that's how it used to be back in the day.
Post edited November 15, 2018 by helpo1
helpo1: I've never played Risen on an AMD GPU myself, but supposedly all you need to do ---(EDIT: compulsory newline because of links)---
is install PhysX (which can be somewhat confusing, since Nvidia acquired PhysX about a decade ago and started marketing it heavily as a technology unique to them, but that's not completely true*) even though you don't have an Nvidia card, so I'd say give it a try.

* Even though you can't run PhysX on an AMD GPU, you can still use the SW to utilize it through the CPU (which, of course, doesn't produce nearly the same results because CPUs aren't built for that kind of stuff, but it works). Or at least that's how it used to be back in the day.
Thank you, this was enough to start the game.
I just wanted to say thank you as this just solved my problem as well. I also run AMD (R9 380).