It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Priority: High
Expected Behaviour: Should autosave without crash
What actually happens: Game freeze while saving
Reproduction Steps:
- Start a new game
- Place headquarter (I kept game paused, not sure if it has inpact)
- Do some stuff like placing your first farms and gatherers (still paused)
- Wait for autosave (setting a rapid autosave could help in that)
ronane: Priority: High
Expected Behaviour: Should autosave without crash
What actually happens: Game freeze while saving
Reproduction Steps:
- Start a new game
- Place headquarter (I kept game paused, not sure if it has inpact)
- Do some stuff like placing your first farms and gatherers (still paused)
- Wait for autosave (setting a rapid autosave could help in that)
This doesn't help much. Upload the dxdiag and log as it could be your HDD failing or antivirus scanning
Oh, sorry, I forgot to tell I had uploaded a zip on your google drive drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hga-P9nkWGgiiyyZ4NIgM4OJ63QyBMox. My bad.

- File uploaded: "ronane - game freeze at autosave.zip”

I've no dxdiag as I use debian but I've put the files with lshw, and the log file like you'd asked on a steam forum's thread, (but of course not the save file ^^)

Edit : And sorry again, I did a bland bug report like a robot without saying "Hi" or "Thank you", but I tested your game on another computer and it's great :)
Post edited May 17, 2019 by ronane
No worries! Pushed a big patch, hope it runs better now!
Hi, I don't worry, i follow the game development since a year now, i'm not in a hurry. ^_^

I tried the new release and I still reproduce the crash.
I tried to dig a little bit more. It's not just with autosave but with manual as well.

Here what I do:

I create a new game
I place my headquarter
I select a tech like a any farm/orchard
I place one (or more)
I run a manual save, no error then but no file appear either in the save list.
I then run another save and the game freeze with the error I already reported in google drive.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ProjectAutomata.ComputePollutionStrategy.OnSavegameSerialize ()...

Because it was about pollution strategy, I tried to start game in other difficulty mode, no impact, it still freeze.

Extra info : i have a warning about my system not meeting minimum requirements when I launch the game :

Graphics shader level too low 46
Compute shaders unsupported

At first I didn't think I could be important because I thought it would be only some graphics things that won't display properly but now I read it again and see "Compute", I'm wondering if maybe this "Compute shader" may be used for some "ComputePollutionStrategy", sorry if it's the case ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hope that help
ronane: Hi, I don't worry, i follow the game development since a year now, i'm not in a hurry. ^_^

I tried the new release and I still reproduce the crash.
I tried to dig a little bit more. It's not just with autosave but with manual as well.

Here what I do:

I create a new game
I place my headquarter
I select a tech like a any farm/orchard
I place one (or more)
I run a manual save, no error then but no file appear either in the save list.
I then run another save and the game freeze with the error I already reported in google drive.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ProjectAutomata.ComputePollutionStrategy.OnSavegameSerialize ()...

Because it was about pollution strategy, I tried to start game in other difficulty mode, no impact, it still freeze.

Extra info : i have a warning about my system not meeting minimum requirements when I launch the game :

Graphics shader level too low 46
Compute shaders unsupported

At first I didn't think I could be important because I thought it would be only some graphics things that won't display properly but now I read it again and see "Compute", I'm wondering if maybe this "Compute shader" may be used for some "ComputePollutionStrategy", sorry if it's the case ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hope that help
Sorry for the delay. I rarely check the GOG forums (too little activity). Use Discord for instant support.
If you get that error is usually because your GPU is too old. Can you upload your dxdiag?
DapperPenguins: Sorry for the delay. I rarely check the GOG forums (too little activity). Use Discord for instant support.
If you get that error is usually because your GPU is too old. Can you upload your dxdiag?
Don't worry, I'm in no position of asking "instant support" you seems to be a little team and I've to agree there is no great activity here so I understand why you don't check this forum every hours. As long as you come here from time to time, I'm okai with that. ^^

I uploaded on your google drive the file "ronane - game freeze at autosave.zip" with specs.html that's not dxdiag because I have not windows.

It could be the reason the info i've got on this matter are :

id:
display
description: VGA compatible controller
produit: Barts XT [Radeon HD 6870]
fabriquant: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
identifiant matériel:
information bus:
pci@0000:01:00.0
version: 00
bits: 64 bits
horloge: 33MHz
fonctionnalités: pm pciexpress msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration:
driver = radeon
latency = 0
ressources:
irq : 47
mémoire : e0000000-efffffff
mémoire : f7e20000-f7e3ffff
portE/S : e000(taille=256)
mémoire : c0000-dffff
I don't know what to old is in this case. If I understand the thing right, shadders may be some deported computing from CPU to GPU and effectively if they're used in some way in the process of saving, as I didn't bought my graphic card last year, this may be the cause. Sad for me, I do not plan on buying a new one in near future :-(
Your card is completely rejected:

Failed setting thread niceness (priority) to 0 due to EACCES (errno 13) violation. Lowering niceness (raising priority) requires CAP_SYS_NICE or superuser
WARNING: Shader Unsupported
Compute Shader Support: False
Async GPU Readback Support: False

It's a 9 year old GPU, and I'm afraid it's unsupported. All kind of things will happen, really sorry
Oh damn. I'll enjoy your game in a few years then. x)

I'm sorry for making you lose time on that. I did'nt think at first it would be a GPU problem because I find that strange it would be used in saved process but well, who am I to say that? I don't know a shit about game development ^^

Good luck on future developpements :)
I'm sure everything will be perfect when I put my hand on a newer GPU \o/
ronane: Oh damn. I'll enjoy your game in a few years then. x)

I'm sorry for making you lose time on that. I did'nt think at first it would be a GPU problem because I find that strange it would be used in saved process but well, who am I to say that? I don't know a shit about game development ^^

Good luck on future developpements :)
I'm sure everything will be perfect when I put my hand on a newer GPU \o/
Thanks for your kindness. Sorry you're having this issue, but let me tell you a trick: Unix (Linux and OSX) sucks for gaming. If you use DualBoot and install Windows 7 or 10, the game might work fine, even with that laptop
Post edited July 02, 2019 by DapperPenguins
Haha, of course I already know that, Thanks for the advice anyway.
I won't do it because of ideological restrictions about the rightness or not about using proprietary operating systems and continue to hope for better and better support for linux gaming in coming years. \o/

So far, it already as improved the last past years thanks to developers like you who make the effort even if it's a pain in the ass. Game engines are improving compatibility too and maybe someday more development team will start development with linux compatibility in mind because of the few (growing?) shitty consumers like me. xD

Thanks to indies, we already have a shitload of wonderful games available and even if AAA aren't there, in my opinion linux can be a satisfying gaming platform for lot of users. If you accept the fact not every game will be available and because that's already the case when you have to choose between Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo, I don't see what is the problem.
Almost no dev can support every platforms and almost no player can afford it either and there is no chance some global solution will ever exist because that's not how code/machines/industries/economy work.

There are various gaming platforms with pros and cons, we've all got to make choices ^^