It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi guys,

We were recently informed that we did not have the latest version of Rex Nebular by none other than eisnerguy1, he of the snazzy Leisure Suit Larry avatar :D. We have also added the Bonus Disk to the Mac version nd it should be very visible now :) (the Bonus Disk is available in the PC version as a Start menu shorcut :) )

Changes for version 8.49:

A correction to the chicken-bomb and poly-seal problems.

Be sure to visit your game shelves and download the latest installers :)

Thanks and have a nice day :)
JudasIscariot: Hi guys,

We were recently informed that we did not have the latest version of Rex Nebular by none other than eisnerguy1, he of the snazzy Leisure Suit Larry avatar :D. We have also added the Bonus Disk to the Mac version nd it should be very visible now :) (the Bonus Disk is available in the PC version as a Start menu shorcut :) )

Awesome :D You didn't have to mention me :P I have one last minor suggestion. In the Bonus Disk "Cool Stuff" List it mentions being able to view the different ending animations. I managed to implement this by creating a BAT file and adding a Launch Option to this in the Mac app.

Here's the content of the BAT file:

@ECHO 
@ECHO ----------------------------
@ECHO Rex Nebular
@ECHO The Closing Animations
@ECHO !!!WARNING - SPOILERS!!!
@ECHO on
@ECHO off
@ECHO 1. A Quick Death
@ECHO 2. An Honorable Death
@ECHO 3. Victory!
@ECHO 4. The Decompression Ending (Epilogue only)
@ECHO 5. Exit
@ECHO 
@ECHO on
@ECHO off
@choice /c12345 /s Which ending do you want to see (option #5 just quits)? [1-5]: /n

if errorlevel 5 goto exit
if errorlevel 4 goto decompression
if errorlevel 3 goto victory
if errorlevel 2 goto honorable
if errorlevel 1 goto quick

:quick
cls
@echo off
mainmenu -w:1
cls
exit

:honorable
cls
@echo off
mainmenu -w:2
cls
exit

:victory
cls
@echo off
mainmenu -w:3
cls
exit

:decompression
cls
@echo off
mainmenu -w:4
cls
exit

:exit
exit

Not something that is necessary but, a minor addition :P Thanks again for taking my suggestions :D
JudasIscariot: ...
eisnerguy1: ...
"Solid"s all around!

Judas, you might consider adding "bonus disc" to the bonus content section (unless that would give the false impression that it is downloadable separate from the game).
eisnerguy1: ...
tfishell: "Solid"s all around!

Judas, you might consider adding "bonus disc" to the bonus content section (unless that would give the false impression that it is downloadable separate from the game).
It's not that simple as the bonus disk stuff is not easily accessed on its own. It requires a DOS prompt, provided by DOSBox :), and it doesn't really have any sort of files that I can easily upload and people can easily activate.

If it was a bunch of pictures or a movie file, then yes, it would be up there with the rest of the bonus content :)
JudasIscariot: Hi guys,

eisnerguy1: Awesome :D You didn't have to mention me :P I have one last minor suggestion. In the Bonus Disk "Cool Stuff" List it mentions being able to view the different ending animations. I managed to implement this by creating a BAT file and adding a Launch Option to this in the Mac app.

Here's the content of the BAT file:

@ECHO 
@ECHO Rex Nebular
@ECHO The Closing Animations
@ECHO !!!WARNING - SPOILERS!!!
@ECHO on
@ECHO off
@ECHO 1. A Quick Death
@ECHO 2. An Honorable Death
@ECHO 3. Victory!
@ECHO 4. The Decompression Ending (Epilogue only)
@ECHO 5. Exit
@ECHO 
@ECHO on
@ECHO off
@choice /c12345 /s Which ending do you want to see (option #5 just quits)? [1-5]: /n

if errorlevel 5 goto exit
if errorlevel 4 goto decompression
if errorlevel 3 goto victory
if errorlevel 2 goto honorable
if errorlevel 1 goto quick

:quick
cls
@echo off
mainmenu -w:1
cls
exit

:honorable
cls
@echo off
mainmenu -w:2
cls
exit

:victory
cls
@echo off
mainmenu -w:3
cls
exit

:decompression
cls
@echo off
mainmenu -w:4
cls
exit

:exit
exit

Not something that is necessary but, a minor addition :P Thanks again for taking my suggestions :D
The Mac version actually has the Bonus Disk content as a separate menu choice just under "Launch Rex Nebular" :)
Post edited March 15, 2014 by JudasIscariot
I remember playing with the Scuumm a couple years ago and stuck in the chicken bug. There was a patch to fix that. But poor guys who played the game in pre internet days :(

I wish that was a way to cut the loading time between the scenes. Feels something coded in a way that the machine speed don't help.