It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

op2017si: On re-volt.io you can get the game assest and than with the help of RVGL you've got a fully functional (and beyond) Re-Volt game.
You can actually get the full game from there, already patched with the newest version of RVGL. The game also now includes the content that was previously exclusive to the Dreamcast version.
Our only hope to get the game back on GOG would be WeGo finally going bankrupt. Then someone else could potentially buy the franchise and treat it better and more competently.

A new player limit has also been introduced. You can now race with up to 16 cars offline and offline. Check the online section, the races are more active than ever. We would love to see even more people. We're also having calls on Discord if you're into that.

We gained a lot of strength from the things that happened with WeGo. We're now trying to represent the game the way it deserves and we're also providing the support that WeGo fails to provide.
Post edited April 29, 2017 by yethiel
op2017si: On re-volt.io you can get the game assest and than with the help of RVGL you've got a fully functional (and beyond) Re-Volt game.
yethiel: You can actually get the full game from there, already patched with the newest version of RVGL. The game also now includes the content that was previously exclusive to the Dreamcast version.
Our only hope to get the game back on GOG would be WeGo finally going bankrupt. Then someone else could potentially buy the franchise and treat it better and more competently.

A new player limit has also been introduced. You can now race with up to 16 cars offline and offline. Check the online section, the races are more active than ever. We would love to see even more people. We're also having calls on Discord if you're into that.

We gained a lot of strength from the things that happened with WeGo. We're now trying to represent the game the way it deserves and we're also providing the support that WeGo fails to provide.
Thanks for all these informations! Very happy, that the game lives on!

Maybe the best sitatuion would be, if the games source code would be opened up (opensourced) and the community could take care of it in the future even more. Without any (legal) problems.
op2017si: Maybe the best sitatuion would be, if the games source code would be opened up (opensourced) and the community could take care of it in the future even more. Without any (legal) problems.
Unless the rights owner declares the game to be under an open source license, that won't happen. However, some people already worked with the source to port the game to some Linux handhelds. Some more people might join the development team in the future. (The ones who don't have access to the source code are WeGo themselves.)
yethiel: Unless the rights owner declares the game to be under an open source license, that won't happen.
Yes, that's what I meant.
It would be great, if the game would be released/opened up for/to the community.
I was lookin for re-volt right now after loong time, found this topic and acc.first post I´m really sad..
"I wouldn't call it hiding it, as it is pinned on top of the relevant forum. The reason we don't post the news in the mainpage, is that we believe this matter can be resolved really promptly and the game will soon be back on sale."
Well, it is 3 years..so maybe not promptly and maybe not temporarily, but definitely..
Post edited November 10, 2017 by XaronTN
I think it's a pity what happened there.

But another question:
Did the creators of this community patch v1.2 ask for permission to use the source code to create this patch?
I read on Wikipedia that this patch was created only because the creators got access to the source code through a leak.
That was not quite right or was it?
So theoretically, both WeGo and the creators of the patch would have dirt on the stuck or not?

That's why I do not really understand what is actually the problem now or why the creators of this patch have made such a fuss at the time.

If I'm wrong, you can correct me.
Polaris8Nicola7: Did the creators of this community patch v1.2 ask for permission to use the source code to create this patch?
I read on Wikipedia that this patch was created only because the creators got access to the source code through a leak.
At the time (I think it was around 2006) Acclaim was already defunct so nobody could be approached about it.
Later in 2011, WeGoI gave us the full rights to maintain and distribute the PC version. However, neither did we agree on them selling the game with our patch, nor did they tell us about their plans to do so.

Polaris8Nicola7: So theoretically, both WeGo and the creators of the patch would have dirt on the stuck or not?
I still think their actions disrespected the work that went into 1.2 and RVGL.

In my opinion, Re-Volt should remain free and eventually become open source.
Even if an agreement could have been made so the game would still be available on GOG, I don't understand why people want to purchase an almost 20 year-old game where all revenues go to some people who had enough money to buy the IP.

Support the people who still play and create content for the game, support the people who put their free time in managing the community and numerous online tournaments, support the developers who still update the game (Huki and myself).

Enjoy the game and the community while it's still there, it's something special.
Post edited October 16, 2018 by yethiel
hank you for the information.
Now I understand the whole thing.
I downloaded RVGL a few weeks ago and it's really amazing what was made out of the game compared to the crap that WeGo made there.
Only the control is pretty tricky.
I have to practice that.
If I should not get along with it (control) or if there should be legal problems with RVGL and the download pages should be taken off the net, so I have still the PS1 version of Re-Volt.
But I think that will not happen that fast.

best regards

Polaris8Nicola7
Post edited November 01, 2018 by Polaris8Nicola7
waiting
Polaris8Nicola7: Did the creators of this community patch v1.2 ask for permission to use the source code to create this patch?
yethiel: At the time (I think it was around 2006) Acclaim was already defunct so nobody could be approached about it.
Later in 2011, WeGoI gave us the full rights to maintain and distribute the PC version. However, neither did we agree on them selling the game with our patch, nor did they tell us about their plans to do so.

Polaris8Nicola7: So theoretically, both WeGo and the creators of the patch would have dirt on the stuck or not?
yethiel: I still think their actions disrespected the work that went into 1.2 and RVGL.

In my opinion, Re-Volt should remain free and eventually become open source.
Even if an agreement could have been made so the game would still be available on GOG, I don't understand why people want to purchase an almost 20 year-old game where all revenues go to some people who had enough money to buy the IP.

Support the people who still play and create content for the game, support the people who put their free time in managing the community and numerous online tournaments, support the developers who still update the game (Huki and myself).

Enjoy the game and the community while it's still there, it's something special.
+1 pretty amazing how active the community is still. wished Ubisoft POD had as big a playerbase to have so much support lol.
The year is 2020, and this is... the future.

Both WeGo Interactive and BigBit seem to have gone under circa 2016, according to their social pages (Facebook, blog and YouTube channel for WeGo, Twitter accounts and YouTube channel for BigBit). And yes, I am voluntarily using expressions and words I've always wanted to throw around without having the right opportunity to do so.

Anyway, it looks like the game is back in legal limbo, unless someone sneakily bought the publishing rights and/or source code again from bankruptcy auctions. If anyone reading this knows where to check the IP's status, it might be worth checking it out. That way, the community might finally be able to make the game freely available to everyone, even maybe making it open-source as hinted by Yethiel.

Note that I've read the entire thread (at least, what's available of it at the time of writing), which is why I mentioned BigBit. WeGo seems to have tried milking the Re-Volt IP dry until the very end, as suggested by their last contents which are all about "Re-Volt 3". And BigBit, which might have been a good contact point to ask about the IP's situation and source code, is also gone.

A weird thing however is that I've just looked up "Re-Volt" in the US Trademark database, and... apparently, they didn't officially have the trademark until 2017? And it's still active? I guess they wanted the brand back when they were still in activity, but... looks like they failed. Couldn't find a thing about the company's status, though; doesn't help that they're in South Korea and that I don't speak Korean at all.

In any case, I'm also hoping for the game's official return, whether it's on GOG or in open-source form. In the meantime, it's one of the rare cases where I'm forced to sail the high seas to get a game... And the previous post reminded me that I'll have to get POD one of these days, I have an AG racer itch to scratch.
CoroIce: In any case, I'm also hoping for the game's official return, whether it's on GOG or in open-source form. In the meantime, it's one of the rare cases where I'm forced to sail the high seas to get a game... And the previous post reminded me that I'll have to get POD one of these days, I have an AG racer itch to scratch.
Psst. Over here.
It seems that Re-Volt was re-registered on August 2017 and IP rights were transfered from WeGo to ‎Seung Yul Jang person from Korea.
https:// tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4810:eg379r.6.1

Here the official Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/RevoltOfficialPage

Contact information:
mail: revolt@re-volt.net

The only page with his name stated for the video link, almost all Facebook pages about Re-Volt 1, 2 & 3 have his name in Google search:
http://www.facebook.com/222260884455565/posts/httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvcltvhrvx1ow/417053431695535
Post edited April 06, 2021 by Cadaver747
Cadaver747: It seems that Re-Volt was re-registered on August 2017 and IP rights were transfered from WeGo to ‎Seung Yul Jang person from Korea.
https:// tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4810:eg379r.6.1
That page appears to have stopped posting in 2020, re-volt.net doesn't appear to point to anything, and I can't imagine the trademark living much longer. But I guess if that's the only lead, we'll have to see if the status of it changes or not.
Post edited April 07, 2021 by Darvond
Darvond: That page appears to have stopped posting in 2020, re-volt.net doesn't appear to point to anything, and I can't imagine the trademark living much longer. But I guess if that's the only lead, we'll have to see if the status of it changes or not.
Since IP marked as Live and belong Seung Yul Jang nothing we can do here but wait till it expires, only if hire a Korean detective for big money and find that person.
Attachments:
Post edited April 07, 2021 by Cadaver747