It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Revenant Version Testing
v1.0 US
v1.22 US
v1.25 JP

SPECS:
Win8
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M
WineD3D for Windows

imgur.com/a/v9Ehd

Sardok Missing Voice BUG
Download and copy the "Ahkuilon.rvm" to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidos Interactive\Revenant\Modules\
or
C:\GOG Games\Revenant\Modules\

Ahkuilon.rvm 1.1
mega.nz/#!WtxAXDLQ!II075EOd1G5dFYDCsRQTV3xnSX2ggJ1xmUT3AuRT73M

CREDITS TO:
xaviorq8, Arkaever

www.gog.com/forum/revenant/bug_missing_voicetext_early_on_in_the_game_spoiler

The Solution I found, based on previous discoveries by those who posted here, is this:

1 - Go to the "\Revenant\Modules\" folder
2 - Make a copy of "Ahkuilon.rvm" to another folder, in case something goes wrong.
3 - Open "Ahkuilon.rvm" with a program capable of reading ZIP files
4 - Extract all files to a temporary folder
5 - Change the properties of the "keep.s" so it ISN'T Read-Only
6 - Edit "keep.s" and change all instances of "Sardok.say" to "SardokT.say" (without the quotation marks)
7 - Save "keep.s" and change properties so it IS Read-Only again
8 - Pack all files in the temporary folder into a ZIP file WITH THE COMPRESSION METHOD SET TO NO COMPRESSION ("Store" is the compression method's name in WinRAR, you will have to figure out the name in other programs). Make sure the directory structure in the ZIP file is the same as the original
9 - Delete "Ahkuilon.rvm"
10 - Rename the ZIP file to "Ahkuilon.rvm" and place it in the "\Revenant\Modules\" folder
11 - Delete temporary folder

And that's that. The program will now run perfectly as far as Sardok's lines at the Keep are concerned.

If you can't play the game after this process, just restore the old "Ahkuilon.rvm" you saved just in case.
Post edited March 26, 2016 by Arkaever
Post edited July 16, 2016 by BURAOT
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
BURAOT: Revenant Version Testing
v1.0 US
v1.22 US
v1.25 JP

SPECS:
Win8
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M
WineD3D for Windows

imgur.com/a/v9Ehd
What version of WineD3D have you used?
With the one I used (2.21) the game has many graphic glitches along with lost ability to interact with objects (talk to people, open doors)
BURAOT: Revenant Version Testing
v1.0 US
v1.22 US
v1.25 JP

SPECS:
Win8
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M
WineD3D for Windows

imgur.com/a/v9Ehd

Sardok Missing Voice BUG
Download and copy the "Ahkuilon.rvm" to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidos Interactive\Revenant\Modules\
or
C:\GOG Games\Revenant\Modules\

Ahkuilon.rvm 1.1
mega.nz/#!WtxAXDLQ!II075EOd1G5dFYDCsRQTV3xnSX2ggJ1xmUT3AuRT73M

CREDITS TO:
xaviorq8, Arkaever

www.gog.com/forum/revenant/bug_missing_voicetext_early_on_in_the_game_spoiler

The Solution I found, based on previous discoveries by those who posted here, is this:

1 - Go to the "\Revenant\Modules\" folder
2 - Make a copy of "Ahkuilon.rvm" to another folder, in case something goes wrong.
3 - Open "Ahkuilon.rvm" with a program capable of reading ZIP files
4 - Extract all files to a temporary folder
5 - Change the properties of the "keep.s" so it ISN'T Read-Only
6 - Edit "keep.s" and change all instances of "Sardok.say" to "SardokT.say" (without the quotation marks)
7 - Save "keep.s" and change properties so it IS Read-Only again
8 - Pack all files in the temporary folder into a ZIP file WITH THE COMPRESSION METHOD SET TO NO COMPRESSION ("Store" is the compression method's name in WinRAR, you will have to figure out the name in other programs). Make sure the directory structure in the ZIP file is the same as the original
9 - Delete "Ahkuilon.rvm"
10 - Rename the ZIP file to "Ahkuilon.rvm" and place it in the "\Revenant\Modules\" folder
11 - Delete temporary folder

And that's that. The program will now run perfectly as far as Sardok's lines at the Keep are concerned.

If you can't play the game after this process, just restore the old "Ahkuilon.rvm" you saved just in case.
Post edited March 26, 2016 by Arkaever
I have trouble that when I re-save the file the game refuses to recognize it as the proper file and I believe it is because it keeps saving the file as a zip instead of a RVM file (even if I save it as ahkuilan.rvm). Is there a way to specify to save it as a RVM file? Otherwise, does anyone still have the updated RVM file with this corrected? The link no longer goes to anything we're able to download.