It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

1.05 PATCH - 2017/05/26

FEATURES:

- Improved save system. Dungeon campsites can now be accessed more than once. This lets players save multiple times per dungeon as long as they reach the campsite.
- Rest function has been added to the dungeon campsites. A player can rest once per campsite. Resting refreshes defeated party members.
- New random number generator has been implemented in the game. Dice rolls should now be much more consistent across various platforms and CPUs.
- New voice lines have been added for Kay in various Personal Bond cutscenes.
- Labels with faction names have been added to the Diplomacy menu. No more guessing!
- A new, more distinctive player icon has been added to the world screen.
- Skill morphs now have a new background in the 'equip perk' menu.
- Town screen has received an indicator showing which Personal Bonds are available for the player to pursue.
- A new icon has been added to better show which menu tab is currently being displayed.
- Tooltips have been added to character portraits in the town screen.
- Completed dungeon nodes now have new icons.
- Cutscenes are now skipped by holding the Space button for 1 second instead of pressing it.
- Story Mode has been made slightly easier. Player characters will now deal increased damage to enemies in the Story Mode.
- The camera can now be panned by holding left Ctrl and using WASD keys.

BALANCE TWEAKS:

- The final boss is now immune to Death Touch.
- Imperial Ashigaru's Last Stand ability cooldown has been increased to 8 turns.

BUG FIXES:

- Fixed Miri's Personal Bond quest getting stuck.
- Fixed an infinite loop in Winter's Personal Bond text adventure.
- Fixed potions granting incorrect shield values.
- Fixed the tutorial campsite banter disappearing after loading the game.
- Fixed Levant's skill morphs.
- Fixed erratic dodge values for enemies hit by Esther's Penetrating Round.
- Fixed 'complete the game' and 'craft 25 items' conditions for achievements.
- Fixed being able to advance the dialogue when a menu is opened
- Fixed various typos and localization strings
- Fixed battle rewards not being applied in rare cases
- Fixed Flatbeard Foothills kingdom quest
- Fixed turn order overlapping the player's hotbar
Post edited June 14, 2017 by barjed
The changes to the save system in dungeons seem fair without decreasing the difficulty. Have to try this, but it's good, that you can now end the game, when you want to, without losing progress. Thx
"Story Mode has been made slightly easier. Player characters will now deal increased damage to enemies in the Story Mode. "

Thats good.

First I played as normal but decided to go to story mode after hearing how game is hard and RNG is unfair, i don't want to get stuck in games.
I started story mode and main character died on tutorial. GG

hopefully it's better now, can't wait to try this out
Poetricks: "Story Mode has been made slightly easier. Player characters will now deal increased damage to enemies in the Story Mode. "

Thats good.

First I played as normal but decided to go to story mode after hearing how game is hard and RNG is unfair, i don't want to get stuck in games.

Tutorial fight is not very tutorial-y. I think Griff survived with 10hp. I'm curious how much better I would be now. Maybe I would stall more and get more shields to start the fight with or something. It was acceptably balanced for a general fight, but not the first ever.

I would definitely add it to the notes: Start nicer with the battles. It's not that the first one was harder than average. It's just that it's average/hard thrown at you at a time when you don't know anything yet.
Poetricks: "Story Mode has been made slightly easier. Player characters will now deal increased damage to enemies in the Story Mode. "

Thats good.

I also lost the tutorial fight, but hit chapter 4 on normal now... that was one frustrating tutorial ^^
Random Number Generator still broken for me

Not only do I have the feeling, that the RNG is still broken, during the last battle I had a strange situation:
5 times in a row, I attacked an opponent with Kay. Everytime I had a 88% hit chance. The opponent didn't dodge, but Kay missed 4 out of 5 hits, which equals to a 20% hit chance ... not a 88%.

I know, statistics is a game played in big numbers, but except for this certain situation, that I memorized, I have an overall feeling during game, that RNG is unfair...

What was the reason before, that RNG worked different on different setups and why is that so?

Thx in advance...
Is the new patch currently only available via Galaxy? In case one of the devs sees this: When will the update be available as a stand-alone patch?

Very good game so far, by the way. Might be my favorite of 2017, out of the ones I've played so far.
mothwentbad: Tutorial fight is not very tutorial-y. I think Griff survived with 10hp. I'm curious how much better I would be now. Maybe I would stall more and get more shields to start the fight with or something. It was acceptably balanced for a general fight, but not the first ever.

I would definitely add it to the notes: Start nicer with the battles. It's not that the first one was harder than average. It's just that it's average/hard thrown at you at a time when you don't know anything yet.
I finished it on my first attempt, without too much trouble. However, I already read some warnings about the difficulty level of the combat, so I took the fight seriously and carefully planned each move.

I agree that it may be too tough for an introduction to the game. A tutorial should ease new players in, not frustrate them. There's plenty of time to increase the difficulty later in the game.

Overall I like the combat system and difficulty level. It usually feels fair, as long as you plan ahead and take full advantage of each character's abilities.
Post edited May 28, 2017 by CharlesGrey
Ah excellent! Not sure if you are aware but Grenn's signature ability skill morph (change blind to silence) actually ends up applying silence to friendly characters too.

But great news about patch, will give it a whirl!

Seems like the patch is now available through the website.

For something else, I'm in chapter 3 of the game now ( I think ), and just received the 6th diplomatic missive. Well, technically I've received the notification for the missive, but when I check the table at the castle there is no new missive available.

I stopped playing for now and went back to a previous save game. If I keep playing, am I just going to permanently miss out on one of the diplomacy points? Is this a known bug? Has it already been fixed with the current patch? Anything I could try to make the missive appear?
CharlesGrey:
Seems like the patch is now available through the website.

For something else, I'm in chapter 3 of the game now ( I think ), and just received the 6th diplomatic missive. Well, technically I've received the notification for the missive, but when I check the table at the castle there is no new missive available.

I stopped playing for now and went back to a previous save game. If I keep playing, am I just going to permanently miss out on one of the diplomacy points? Is this a known bug? Has it already been fixed with the current patch? Anything I could try to make the missive appear?
Oh, I think this happened to me too. But as far as I know so far, they've always managed to recover such information from old saves with the new patch whenever they fixed a glitch. I would bet $5 that they can fix this one too without having to send individual save files to tech support.
Miri's Personal Bond quest getting stuck still gets stuck