It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What will be so "2010" about this version?
Edit: Got my questioned answered on Wikipedia:
"This version of the game, ported by DotEmu, is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 32 and 64 bits. It fixes all the old Windows version issues and allow you to play in different resolutions (640*400, 960*600 and 1280*800). The nostalgics can still play with the original rendering but enhanced graphics are also available."
Why wouldn't I wanna buy the game from the DotEmu website? DRM-free aswell and only 5€:
http://www.dotemu.com/en/download-game/137/raptor-call-shadows
Any extras for GOGers coming?
Post edited August 09, 2010 by TParis
TParis: ...
Why wouldn't I wanna buy the game from the DotEmu website? DRM-free aswell and only 5€:

Becouse 5 Euro is more than 5.99 Dolars (it is 6.57 dolars), but as you are from Eurozone it might be more convinient for you to buy in your corrency.
TParis: What will be so "2010" about this version?
Edit: Got my questioned answered on Wikipedia:
"This version of the game, ported by DotEmu, is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 32 and 64 bits. It fixes all the old Windows version issues and allow you to play in different resolutions (640*400, 960*600 and 1280*800). The nostalgics can still play with the original rendering but enhanced graphics are also available."
Any extras for GOGers coming?

The only bonus right now is the soundtrack, but I'd say that's worth the purchase price.
And that you can redownload forever. I'm assuming you can't do that with DotEmu.
chautemoc: And that you can redownload forever. I'm assuming you can't do that with DotEmu.

Nope, as far as I know, it should be download anytime as well...it's not the webpage next to each game
OK, so what do they actually mean by the enhanced graphics?
All screenshots I can find only seem to show the original graphics scaled through some horrible looking anti-aliasing (I think the mode is called h2xsai or something like that in DosBox and NES emulators?). That isn't remade graphics, which I think they imply by calling it a new edition with enhanced graphics.
fisk0: OK, so what do they actually mean by the enhanced graphics?
All screenshots I can find only seem to show the original graphics scaled through some horrible looking anti-aliasing (I think the mode is called h2xsai or something like that in DosBox and NES emulators?). That isn't remade graphics, which I think they imply by calling it a new edition with enhanced graphics.

That's it, yeah. I prefer it off.
Personally I prefer the original - I like being able to choose sound blaster for music (so sue me) and using dosbox the resolution is a non-issue.
I really wish they'd stuck with the original + dosbox instead of this sloppy port from DotEmu
avatar_58: Personally I prefer the original - I like being able to choose sound blaster for music (so sue me) and using dosbox the resolution is a non-issue.
I really wish they'd stuck with the original + dosbox instead of this sloppy port from DotEmu

There may have been licensing issues preventing that.
OTOH, for all I know, it was alien mind bats.
Narf_the_Mouse: OTOH, for all I know, it was alien mind bats.

Could be. On top of the issue I mentioned the gamepay/keyboard movement is also too slow, you need to use the mouse. Which is silly and pretty much makes it unplayable in the later levels.
:(
TParis: DotEmu, is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 32 and 64 bits.

That name somehow suggests that emulation is involved, which wouldn't
be a bad thing, I'm just really picky and would like to see the game run
without emulation.
At first, I figured that they just ported the DOS version, which seemed odd
since they did release a Windows version, some many years go.
the dos version is still for sale at apogee in a dosbox wrapper.
http://www.3drealms.com/raptor/index.html
This is a true Windows NT port. MKS did a Windows 95 port that they still sell. apogee can only sell the DOS version that they published and included that shareware on the Duke 3D 1.3D cd-rom
Apogee sells the dos game for $ 5.99 USD
Are the save game files in the 2010 edition the same as the DOS version? If so then the same cheat using Backspace in the DOS version then copying the save file will work for 2010 like it does for the first Windows version.
I had this as a kid, was my favorite game. Hell 5 buck for it? Man I paid like 20 back in the day for some old school style diskettes. Now if only I could remember what happened to them. It's ok, now I got this copy modernized for this century. Based on the manual that comes with it, seems like backspace will still yield the super weapon (laser). Got a minute and some change on the download of the main exe. I'ts like 1992 all over again, but now with new sound track "oh joy". Thanks GOG, you were cheaper than the mountain king site, and this should be better than some old DOS Box version any day.