It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I already have versions 1-4 up and running in DOSBOX (including the stellar QG2 remake from AGD Interactive) but I never played QG5 before.

Is it worth buying this pack just for 5?
Since QFG5 is the conclusion to the series, I'd say yes.

I see it as buying QFG5 for 9.99 and getting QFG1-4 as bonuses, sort of like the Alone in the Dark pack, only more neatly packaged.
I have the set on Disc but I picked up this pack anyway (Though I will admit to one of the discs starting to get read errors so it may be developing a fault like my Morrowind disc did).

Also gives that very very slim chance to show there is a market for the property and hope that someone will try to grab it up and continue it or make a spiritual successor.
I imagine you're a fan of the series, then, so quite possibly. Tough to really answer, though, as reaction varies. Some people found it quite disappointing. I liked it myself, though I'd place it in competition with I for worst game of the series. It definitely can't recapture the feel of the three (now four, as you say :D) VGA games.
5 is definitely different, with more focus on the rpg elements (combat, equipment, etc).
But its a good game, definitely worth $10 for a fan of the series.
I agree. QfG5 might not be as good as part 4 or 2 or 1 or even 3 in my opinion but it's still an awesome game which ties up loose ends and finishes the whole story nicely.
$10? Buy it!
Each game can give you many hours of entertainment, so I would say absolutely.
Tied with II as my personal favorite of the series so yes.
I also had a setup with all the games and dosbox and I'll say that it's also worth it just for the neat packaging GOG did with the older ones. All patched with it's own dosbox configuration and even proper icons. This is the definitive QFG collection as far as I'm concerned and well worth the money.
Post edited May 13, 2012 by Calik
Absofreakinglutely. As an avid adventure gamer and RPGer, it's possibly my favourite game of all time. There's a little more emphasis on the combat than in the previous ones, but the story, gameplay and most especially the ATMOSPHERE of the game is wonderful. Honestly I think the music score featured in the game is alone worth the $10, and I've never really been interested in video game music.

I've bought three copies of Quest for Glory V in the past (lost or broke the first two) and paid over $50 for the game each time and I don't regret a cent :) I have the other four games running on my computer too but I think $10 is well worth the convenience of simply installing and playing. dosbox and I have a love-hate relationship.
SOLD!

thanks for the thread! :)
5 is and was advertised as an action-rpg as opposed to the adventure-rpg hybrid genre of the previous games in the series...

Still it has a fun storyline, has all the humor... It just lacks much 'adventure' game aspects... It's almost purely combat in most locations and objectives. In some ways some of the aspects (such as the lock picking mini-games) share more in common with Return to Krondor (which was released about the same time) than previous Qfg games. But its still worth playing!
paladintom there's 1 important think you might want to ask if your buying this just for QFG5 did they actually fix the Quest for Glory 5 Runtime Error when fighting the dragon at the end of the game?

John
I would say no, it isn't worth it. Qfg 1-4 are amazing games and stick to a certain formula. You play qfg for this formula. Qfg5 feels like a very haphazardly done rpg game. The $9.99 was worth it for the 1-4 thought, but since you have them already I wouldn't pay it for number 5. Just my opinion.
Just started playing it after going through the first four again, which I had played before.

I am enjoying it, but it just feels off, probably due to Sierra's growing pains with 3d engines at that time.

Also they really went overboard with the past characters showing up.