It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jbbourgoin: It's very easy :

1) If you don't want to rip the cd image, you can download the ogg files on the net. The track names must be track02.ogg etc.

The site quaddicted.com proposed a zip file containing the ogg files ( who must be renamed ).

2) Put these files here : C:\GOG Games\Quake\MUSIC

3) rename _winmm.dll to winmm.dll

4) Enjoy !
Is there supposed to be a file in that folder because my Music folder is empty :S
Post edited June 23, 2016 by oLDsKooLg4m3r
That's normal.

You must rip the original cd ( or the iso bundled with the gog edition ), or download an archive containing the ogg files at quaddicted.com, then put the files on the music folder.
jbbourgoin: It's very easy :

1) If you don't want to rip the cd image, you can download the ogg files on the net. The track names must be track02.ogg etc.

The site quaddicted.com proposed a zip file containing the ogg files ( who must be renamed ).

2) Put these files here : C:\GOG Games\Quake\MUSIC

3) rename _winmm.dll to winmm.dll

4) Enjoy !
Not working for me. Which executable are you running the game from?
Post edited June 30, 2016 by SeTiDaYeTi
SeTiDaYeTi: Not working for me. Which executable are you running the game from?
Using WinQuake or GLQuake on my Windows 10 machine this also didn't work for me.

The only way I got them to play music was to change the letter of my actual dvd drive from D: to E:, restarting Windows (it didn't work without!) and then mounting the game.cue image on the virtual cd drive D: using Daemon tools.

Using DirectQ I could get it to play .wav-files ripped from the cd image, although the .ogg-files should supposedly also work after installing the Directshow filters.
Post edited August 02, 2016 by Syrion
So whats the deal with the music? Legal issues?
Cant find anything online
Yes, legal issues. The details are not public.
I'm having issues with music looping on Windows 8.1

Already tried mounting disc image with daemon tools (virtual drive changed to D: too)
tried the .ogg files, placing on Quake/MUSIC folder, renaming "_winmm" to "winmm"
tried Quakespasm too

On every situation above, music plays well, but stops after a while, leaving only silence.
The only way was to use software mode (dosbox) which plays the music as it should
but thats horrible to play with

is there something wrong with my system?
The only solution that worked for me was to burn the quake image and put the disc in the drive. It was mentioned earlier though that the game.cue file contains inaccurate starts times for tracks 3-11, so you have to open up the file in a text editor and subtract 2 seconds from each one of those tracks. Leave Track01 alone. This has been discussed [here][1]. I found the same cue sheet hosted on [pcgamingwiki][2] if you'd rather download it.

1: https://www.gog.com/forum/quake_series/quake_the_offering_incorrect_cue_sheets/page1
2: http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/744-fixed-gamecue-sheets-for-quake-the-offering-gogcom-version/

If daemon tools or some other virtual drive works for you then you could certainly mount the image using this cue file as well. I made some perfectly acceptable rips with EAC this way. The ogg files I generated would presumably play in Quake if the _winmm.dll fix worked for me, but renaming it by removing the underscore only crashes the game on startup.

The discussion about whether pre-emphasis was used on the original quake cd was pretty interesting, so I tried running `sox Track02.wav Track02.wav deemph` and I liked the de-emphasized version better. The original can't be turned up very loud before it starts to hurt, especially in a pair of headphones. The de-emphasized track at the same volume sounds great. So if you can get your cd writing software to de-emphasize the tracks by modifying the cue file or whatever, I would recommend it. I'll probably try doing this later.
Is there news on what will happen to the Quake 1 soundtrack?

I have the Steam version, but it does not contain the music at all. Therefore, I am interested in the GOG version. So it basically gives me a CD-image instead of ripped audio-tracks?
So did something happen? Because I just installed this (GOG verison) and decided to boot up in software mode and the music seems to be there. A least for the first couple levels.

I never played Quake back in the day though so I don't know for sure what the game is supposed to sound like with music. I just looked up a YouTube video and it seems to be the same.
My solution:

I mounted the game.cue file using daemon tools. using the installer I installed quake to a different hard drive. At the end of the installation I clicked ok to install glquake. I downloaded and installed nGlide from their official site (which also comes with the gog release). Now I cand play the game with sound and gl graphics
I bought this in the sale and I want to get it working on Linux. I was able to get at all the files using innoextract and I got the music working in the main game by ripping the wavs from game.gog/game.cue and converting them to ogg. My one issue is trying to figure out which iso goes with which mission pack. Does gamea go with Mission Pack 1 and gamed with Mission Pack 2? Or vice versa?
raptir: I bought this in the sale and I want to get it working on Linux. I was able to get at all the files using innoextract and I got the music working in the main game by ripping the wavs from game.gog/game.cue and converting them to ogg. My one issue is trying to figure out which iso goes with which mission pack. Does gamea go with Mission Pack 1 and gamed with Mission Pack 2? Or vice versa?
I don't have time to check it myself, but the mission packs are named "Scourge of Armagon" and "Dissoultion of Eternity", so I would guess that gamea belongs to MP1 and gamed to MP2.
raptir: I bought this in the sale and I want to get it working on Linux. I was able to get at all the files using innoextract and I got the music working in the main game by ripping the wavs from game.gog/game.cue and converting them to ogg. My one issue is trying to figure out which iso goes with which mission pack. Does gamea go with Mission Pack 1 and gamed with Mission Pack 2? Or vice versa?
mk47at: I don't have time to check it myself, but the mission packs are named "Scourge of Armagon" and "Dissoultion of Eternity", so I would guess that gamea belongs to MP1 and gamed to MP2.
Thanks for the reply. That would make sense... I never had the originals so I just always thought of them as hipnotic and rogue :)
I tried WinCDEmu and PowerISO, both doesnt see music on D:\Games\GOG Galaxy\Games\Quake\game.cue what im doing wrong?