It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Please give us some info on the new patch
Hi there. Just a bit of feedback for the latest update to Project Warlock.
Every time you release a new patch I noticed that the graphics settings change here's what they currently look like.

With default settings you can only just see the background.
https://imgur.com/a/fdmFatG

With a little extra brightness you can't.
https://imgur.com/a/lRm0K9z

Default with medieum graphics settings. Not sure if it looks better but it defiantly looks different.
https://imgur.com/a/PY2fOdk

I just want to bring these changes to your attention so you are aware of them and can decide what you, the developer would like to do.
Hello,

Just a follow-up to my previous post. The game is almost perfect in its current state. Almost.

One thing I would ask for would be a secret counter - something that would show the total number of secrets available and secrets found in each level. I know people have been saying 'muh Doom never got no secret counter' - but Doom never had any items that affect your gameplay as much as PW does (e.g. upgrade points). In Doom, if you miss a megasphere or a plasma gun, it's no big deal - you can always get it in another level. In PW, if you miss an upgrade point, that's it - you're never getting it back. Plus, in some levels, certain secrets are a bit erratic (e.g. a secret room with two entrances and each entrance counting as a separate secret) so it's really hard to keep up. Right now I got a physical printout on two A4 sheets with number of secrets on each level (srsly) and every time I play the game I mark secrets with pencil. And I have been coming back to PW more than most games. I beat it on hardcore and I'm still playing it.

Other than that, the game is perfect and I love it. For me personally, the best games that came out over the past 5 years were PW, Amid Evil and Shadow Warrior 2. Nothing else comes close. I got PW on both GOG and Steam (the latter just to be able to leave a review).

Thanks for making this game!

P.s. you guys planning on doing PW2, right? Cos if you do, it's already sold.
Post edited June 29, 2019 by dupadoroty
I think that I got my money's worth from this game. That said, there are a few things I want to point out.

Upgrading weapons. Some weapons are not very good in my opinion. I don't think I'll pick them on later plays. I would have liked the ability to undo an upgrade and pick the other version, or even stick with the base version.

Ricochet gun. The ricochet bullets bounce and can hit multiple things with every shot. This includes you. This weapon has been a contributing factor or even responsible for many of my characters deaths.

Automatic turret. This is a weapon you can't control. It fires on its own. Unfortunately, it only shoots at enemies in front of the barrel. It rotates clockwise, so its possible it won't shoot at enemies that are close by; not until it finishes rotating.

Firelance. It has long range and a lot of firepower. Unfortunately, it burns through it ammo supply way too quickly. I find it hard to kill more than half a dozen foes before it runs out of ammo.

Magic isn't that useful. I find it hard to select a spell in a middle of fight, so I often stick to one spell. I found the shield spell quite handy. I don't have a whole lot of incentive to use any other spell while I'm in a middle of a fight.

Single stages. I like the fact that I can pick and play individual stages any time I want.
I'm putting this here on the off chance that the developers will see it. There are some small edits from the other version.

The Sphinx Boss ruined the game for me! It is incredibly tedious to fight, for me, it just sucked all the fun out of the game. Fighting for a few seconds, dying, reloading over and over and over and over again until finally, you kill it... and then what? I'm pretty sure I spent more time in the loading screens than I did fighting it. For me, the game was ruined at that point. The game had just wasted a huge amount of my time and to add insult to injury, had given me nothing for it. Not that a bunch of stars or whatever would make up for the process I'd just had to go through. I ended up finishing the game as a matter of course but after that, it was just a slog. Hell, even the final boss was a cake walk compared to the Sphinx.

I don't know, I guess you might be able to tweak the fight to make it less tedious. Like maybe remove those lightning enemies, is it even possible to dodge their fire when there is no cover around? Maybe open up the area more? The final boss was much more manageable because of the space I had to maneuver.

Anyway, My point is, I was really enjoying this game until the Sphinx boss. It just left a bitter experience in my mind it and past that point, all the little annoyances that I'd been willing to overlook up to that point suddenly became huge problems that reminded me of that time.
Post edited July 03, 2019 by Disthron
Disthron: I'm putting this here on the off chance that the developers will see it. There are some small edits from the other version.

The Sphinx Boss ruined the game for me! It is incredibly tedious to fight, for me, it just sucked all the fun out of the game. Fighting for a few seconds, dying, reloading over and over and over and over again until finally, you kill it... and then what? I'm pretty sure I spent more time in the loading screens than I did fighting it. For me, the game was ruined at that point. The game had just wasted a huge amount of my time and to add insult to injury, had given me nothing for it. Not that a bunch of stars or whatever would make up for the process I'd just had to go through. I ended up finishing the game as a matter of course but after that, it was just a slog. Hell, even the final boss was a cake walk compared to the Sphinx.

I don't know, I guess you might be able to tweak the fight to make it less tedious. Like maybe remove those lightning enemies, is it even possible to dodge their fire when there is no cover around? Maybe open up the area more? The final boss was much more manageable because of the space I had to maneuver.

Anyway, My point is, I was really enjoying this game until the Sphinx boss. It just left a bitter experience in my mind it and past that point, all the little annoyances that I'd been willing to overlook up to that point suddenly became huge problems that reminded me of that time.
Totally agree. This was the low point of the game for me. I really liked it up to this point though
I gotta say, I enjoyed the game a lot. However, I came back to it after a nearly two-week break when I felt the last episodes were rather too chaotic for me, and I was greeted with a swarm of enemies attacking me out of every direction and killing me almost instantly. "Ok" I thought "I got a little rusty, let's do that again". And to my complete shock, I died a minute or two later and the game didn't allow me to continue, sending me back to the main menu with the options for only "New game" and "Single episodes" to choose from! I noticed somewhere along the run that there are "lives", but never thought much about them since it always allowed me to continue. Suddenly, nearing the end I am left with no other choice, but to begin again? Was that a deliberate design decision, and if so, what is the point? I had real fun up to that moment, but now I'm not going to spend another 6-8 hours to get there again in order to finish the game. That solution seems so unnecessary...

Anyhow, I did have a blast for a good couple of hours, so kudos for that!
Having a lot of fun up to this point but on the last chapter and it's stopped being fun.

I picked up the Soul Collector perk, not having any way of knowing that the dropped souls disappear after about a second, making it pretty useless for my range-focused build.

The perk I actually need is Sprinter, to help me get over the lava traps all over this chapter. I don't believe I'll be able to afford without doing some sort of grinding, which I've not tried yet and would prefer not to if possible.

Can we somehow respec perks or introduce that feature if not?
Just bought this a week ago and this is game is amazeballs. If a sequel is made I really wouldn't change much at all. I agree with a few nitpicks (better map maybe, but the levels are small enough it doesn't really matter). If there is a Project Warlock 2 (and it's kept mostly the same) I'll buy it. Also, make sure it's on GOG again.