It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A great game, no doubt, but I feel there are some things that need improvement.
Here's my two cents:

>There needs to be a way to access the workshop after beating the game that doesn't involve starting a new game. A new game plus mode would be nice as well
>A way to switch/remove weapon upgrades would be great, as having to play the whole game over again to try out new upgrades is a bit tedious
>Better upgrade descriptions, its not properly explain that some weapons use more ammo or can damage you without despite not being explosive, or how the autoturret actually works beyond "its a turret"
>An Arena/endless mode would be neat
>Sound tweaks, some of the weapons, namely the gatling gun + upgrades, have some really bit moshy sounds, and its earsplitting at times
>Lighting tweaks, there is no reason why the "high" graphics setting makes it impossible to see in the dark. I get making it difficult to see, but making it nearly impossible to see, even with the magic light in some areas (*cough* E4 *cough*), is just obnoxious
>I think there's supposed to be exposition screens before and after an episode, but I only saw the ones for hell, so I think that might be a bug you want to check out. That or I did something wrong
>Enemies have this weird habit of launching me into the air at some points, namely when I'm cornered by multiple enemies, or when certain enemies spawn under me, like the zombie or the tapeworm

Well, that about does it for my nit picks, at any rate, you guys have done an amazing job thus far, and I hope you further improve this game in the future
Just a tiny change I'd like to see: The yellow-jumpsuit enemies in the arctic levels fire a shot as soon as they see you for the first time, which has resulted in me taking damage from around blind corners a lot. It'd be nice if they finished their "spotted the player" growl, THEN fired.

Keep up the good work, the patches so far have improved things a lot!
I'm in the first Episode, E1M5, and i love this game. It teleports me back to the 90s where i was a teenager and played DooM, Hexen, Heretic, Wrath of Earth and Duke 3D. It's a great game. I like the music-tracks. So, i'm not done with the game but i will play it to the end and enjoy the atmosphere.
The flak cannon upgrade for the double barrel LITERALLY makes the pump shotgun obsolete, I WANT to get the slug upgrade but when I look at the flak after getting it I just wonder..WHY.
The darkness in city maps, especially after e4m2, was way too much. It was only then, that I had to change the threshold settings.

And please make a difficulty in between standard & hardcore. It was too easy at "standard", but I don't want the penalty of dying that's in "hardcore".
Post edited November 04, 2018 by Redsm0kev
Episode 4 is really too dark. And in the military camp very difficult in easy-mode. For my taste. ;-)

Edit: I got a bug at the final boss. I had very low health but i could beat the boss. There was the death-animation from the boss and the screen was all the time at him and i could hear the music and weapons-sounds continue playing all the time. I could see the Mouse cursor on this screen. No End Credits and no epilog.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by RetroFan
I know this is a rettro style game but as I have a 3440x1440 monitor i would love to see suport for it added. I mean at least ultrawide support would be nice as 1440p isn't too important in a game with this sort of art style.
Soooooo... any news about the new patch?
Enebias: Soooooo... any news about the new patch?
The dev is much more active on Facebook it seems. There they posted 2 days ago
"Patch-wise, If everything goes according to plan (and this hasn't in the past as witnessed by lack of it going live last week) - you'll be able to enjoy the new patch this week."

So the patch was delayed from last week and also the week before that and honestly I'm not holding my breath for this week either from the look and sound of things. Also all that stuff about unlimited framerate has apparently been scrapped for a later date so I'm not even so sure what's even going to be in the patch at this point.

Feeling pretty robbed to be honest after waiting nearly a month now for a patch to include basic stuff that should've been in the game to start with and the developer going basically radio silent on the platform their game is actually released on. Still can't play the game because of the weird stuttering, nauseating headbob and bugged lighting.
xMrSunshine: Feeling pretty robbed to be honest after waiting nearly a month now for a patch to include basic stuff that should've been in the game to start with and the developer going basically radio silent on the platform their game is actually released on. Still can't play the game because of the weird stuttering, nauseating headbob and bugged lighting.
Yeah, I'm really starting to feel like just requesting a refund at this point. The stuttering and lighting shouldn't take weeks to solve. Weeks of barely any communication.
xMrSunshine: Feeling pretty robbed to be honest after waiting nearly a month now for a patch to include basic stuff that should've been in the game to start with and the developer going basically radio silent on the platform their game is actually released on. Still can't play the game because of the weird stuttering, nauseating headbob and bugged lighting.
omega64: Yeah, I'm really starting to feel like just requesting a refund at this point. The stuttering and lighting shouldn't take weeks to solve. Weeks of barely any communication.
Hey,

sorry for being quiet. I was working on the patch really hard. I'm sorry it took us so long but its finally here!

Best Regards,
Jakub
Meanwhile I really like most of the changes that the recent patch brought, I'd really like to have a manual way to set a FPS limit and/or to have the ability to use V-SYNC.
A few ideas for more achievements:

1. Still dope! - Find the one who continues to live (Dopefish; needs to be added as a secret in one of the levels)
2. Like a Tomb Raider - find 100% secrets
3. True Barbarian - beat the game with melee weapons only
Love the game so far, but there needs to be improvement in some areas.

1. Maunal Saves
The Auto-Save system and Registery Locking (I'm pulling this from previous posts on the subject) are a true buzz kill for Hardcore (HC) runs, since getting shafted by the poor encounters, bad resource management, or just getting caught on world objects when facing down a horde can result in two hours worth of progress going down the drain. It really kills the wind in the sails to continue playing, and to be honest I'd rather be penalized for not saving over a system that wipes all my data.

Maybe make the extra lives in the HC mode "Save" on the spot, rather than do nothing (I don't even know if they do anything to begin with in HC). Then you could remove the beginning level save, making HC mode more of a Long form run rather than a level by level thing. It would incentivize hunting down secrets and if you don't have a "Save" on a particular level, THEN wipe the data.

2. No Sound Cues for Spawning Enemies or Idle Sounds
I like how the enemies sound off when the player is spotted (Spooked me a few times), but there's a clear omission when enemies appear out of thin air. There's also no sound to tell the player an enemy just spawned in and there's no idle sound when they're out of visible range, they're just silent on both.

Adding in some sound cues for Spawning enemies or enemies outside of visual range would be a vast improvement, since sound is just as important to a playthrough as sight is.

3. Auto-Swap Toggle
I've been killed many times by this and every time it feels like the game is flipping me off. An enemy drops an explosive and the game auto-swaps to it and launches the explosive into an enemy at point blank range, thus rendering me mulch in a few seconds flat due to something completely out of my control. I've checked the Controls section and there's no option to turn it off, it's really annoying when this happens and many of my HC runs have been cut short because of this.

4. One and Done Unlock system
Testing out different weapons when starting out or even coming up with some builds for later on is fun, but the Unlock system at the moment hurts itself in this regard. For instance, I don't know what the differences are between the Lightning Rod or the Ice Rod, if I get one I can't get the other. What about testing the efficiency between Life Steal Axe and the Mana Steal Axe? Without some determining factor, a poor choice can result in buyer's remorse and just ruin the feeling of progression entirely.

Maybe make a Testing Room for these things in the Workshop Area, like a "Try it before you Buy it" in the Menu.

In Closing, these are just a few of the things that could be improved upon from just my time playing. Thanks for all the time and effort you folks have put into the game, I'm loving it even if I come off as a bit harsh on it.
Post edited November 17, 2018 by Dojutrek
Had a problem where after starting a new game and after finishing the first level I'd get to the level end screen and when prompted to click to go to next level it would start at the beginning of the first level over and over instead of moving to the second level. Reinstall fixed it.

Also the stuttering while moving the mouse while you're running is really bad. The stuttering is making me feel ill after about 15 minutes forcing me to stop playing. I suppose that's an improvement because pre-patch headbop and stutter would make me feel sick in about 5 minutes... still less than ideal.