It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
if anyone ever had any issues trying to use their Xbox 360\X-Input controller in Prince of Persia Sands of Time then

[url=http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Prince_of_Persia:_The_Sands_of_Time#Sensitivity_Issues_For_Xbox_360_and_Xinput_controllers]PCGamingWiki[/url] has a fix for that

here is how you make your Xbox 360 or any other X-Input controller work properly with Prince of Persia Sands of Time

1: Download XInput Plus

2: Set the target program to Pop.exe

3: Go to "Sticks", and change the "Rect Correction" slider from "0" to "1" (it doesn't say this but do it for both the left and right sticks to make the camera controls work smoother as well)

4: Go to "DirectInput" and check "Enable DirectInput Output"

5: Assign "LT/RT" to "Button 12/13"

6: (it doesn't say this either but make sure you go to "Settings" and then "Others" and then disable "Enable Init Beep" otherwise every time you start up the game there will be a rather loud beep noise)

7: Press apply, this will install a dll file in game's folder (which will be automatically used when you start the game).

(Disclaimer: i did not create this fix i simply found out about it on PCGamingWiki i just thought i'd make a topic about this fix so more people can know about it)

Edit: i am suddenly able to post links in my GOG Forum posts. SWEET

Edit 2: i attached some pictures to this post showing how to set up XInput Plus for Prince of Persia Sands of Time in case people are having a hard time understanding how to do it
Attachments:
Post edited June 17, 2016 by Red-Shell-Robo
in case any confusion pops up

i scanned the X-Input Plus Program with both Avira Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
they did NOT pick up any viruses or malware so i pretty much assume the fix i found on PCGamingWiki is safe

so if anyone says this fix has a virus in it then please don't blame me for it cause
1: i did not create this fix
and 2: the Anti-Virus software i use did not find any threats
Post edited June 16, 2016 by Red-Shell-Robo
I don't have the GOG version, I tried this with the -still running- giveaway from Ubisoft. It didn't fix the left stick sensitivity issues for me. Did it fix them for you? Left/Right I can walk or run (sensitivity works properly), Forward/Backward I can only walk. Issues like this is the reason I'm reluctant getting the POP bundle. Basically XInput had zero effect for me.
Post edited June 17, 2016 by tsagas
i tested this fix out with my xbox one controller and it worked fine then. maybe you found the wrong program?

if i could place a link towards the PCGamingWiki webpage as well as a link to the XInput Plus program i would but
right now i can't and according to what i found out.

i apparently i need to get my reputation on the GOG forums high enough so that the GOG Forums allows me to post links.
(Edit: i am suddenly able to post links in my forum posts. the link towards the XInput Plus Program is now in the initial post of this topic)

anyway for the time being i recommend just doing a google search for "Prince of Persia Sands of Time PCGamingWiki"

and then just from the PCGamingWiki Prince of Persia Sands of Time webpage just go to the section that explains how to make a X-Input controller work with the game and click on the link for XInput Plus

i included a image with this post to show which link i am referring to

Quick Edit: i forgot to mention the fix PCGamingWiki has should work with any version of the game since it doesn't alter the EXE file

Edit 2: i added some attached some pictures to the initial post that shows how to set up XInput Plus for Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Attachments:
knipsel.png (64 Kb)
Thanks, I had already figured these things out. Got the latest XInput Plus from the japanese website and read the original wiki page. I just got the GOG POP bundle because I liked Sands of Time from the little I played it even with keyboard & mouse. I'll try out the GOG version but I doubt it will make any difference.
the only difference between the GOG and UPlay version is that the GOG version is DRM-Free

that and the GOG release has the fog bug fix for Nvidia GPU cards already implemented

other than that there is no difference. and like i said before: that XInput Plus Program once you apply the settings it will just install DLL files into the folder.

the game's EXE file doesn't get modified at all from what i noticed so the DRM the UPlay version has should not interfere with XInput Plus.

but then again i don't know how much the UPlay DRM can interfere with things like XInput Plus
i just re-read your post and i noticed there is a difference between the usual issue people have with X-Input controllers in Prince of Persia Sands of Time compared to yours

the usual issue people have is that when they do diagonal movements with the left stick it causes the prince to walk and not run

the fix PCGamingWiki posted fixes that however

you are saying that your problem is that the prince walks and not runs when you just press forward and backwards

and i don't think the fix PCGamingWiki posted fixes your issue. if you encounter this issue in any other modern games then i assume that your controller has a hardware issue

i am really sorry that i didn't notice this earlier
I know XInput Plus doesn't alter the actual binary. It just creates 4 extra files, 3 DLLs and 1 ini. The controller works without a hitch in every other game I throw at it, sensitivity is precise, so it's definitely not a hardware issue.

So I tried the GOG version, which is basically the same thing as the Uplay one (which is also DRM-free) except that the GOG one has the fog fix. As expected the issue remains. This time it's just random, sometimes he walks sometimes he runs even though I push the stick all the way, regardless the direction. Maybe it was like that with the Uplay one, not really sure.

Anyway, thanks for pointing to the guide, even if it didn't work for me. The game is quite enjoyable and I've already got used to keyboard & mouse controls.
For future reference, here's a forum post that describes the exact same issue I have (it seems to be xbox360 specific) and mentions a couple of things to try out. One is by installing an open source driver for the 360 controller and the other about re-calibrating the controller.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1294600

Personally, I didn't like these solutions that much and went with a third option i.e. getting a psx to usb adapter and connecting my PSOne controller which worked flawlessly.
Post edited June 21, 2016 by tsagas
i see well it is good to know you found out a different solution

i know about XBCD but i noticed some forum posts saying they have some issues regarding BSOD's or something i read a while ago iirc i could be wrong with that

as for re-calibrating the controller i tried that a few times myself before finding out about the fix PCGamingWiki had and i had so much trouble getting that re-calibrating right i just gave up

so yeah i guess that every solution just works differently for other people sometimes the solution works sometimes it doesn't
Post edited June 22, 2016 by Red-Shell-Robo
Red-Shell-Robo: if anyone ever had any issues trying to use their Xbox 360\X-Input controller in Prince of Persia Sands of Time then

[url=http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Prince_of_Persia:_The_Sands_of_Time#Sensitivity_Issues_For_Xbox_360_and_Xinput_controllers]PCGamingWiki[/url] has a fix for that

here is how you make your Xbox 360 or any other X-Input controller work properly with Prince of Persia Sands of Time

1: Download XInput Plus

2: Set the target program to Pop.exe

3: Go to "Sticks", and change the "Rect Correction" slider from "0" to "1" (it doesn't say this but do it for both the left and right sticks to make the camera controls work smoother as well)

4: Go to "DirectInput" and check "Enable DirectInput Output"

5: Assign "LT/RT" to "Button 12/13"

6: (it doesn't say this either but make sure you go to "Settings" and then "Others" and then disable "Enable Init Beep" otherwise every time you start up the game there will be a rather loud beep noise)

7: Press apply, this will install a dll file in game's folder (which will be automatically used when you start the game).

(Disclaimer: i did not create this fix i simply found out about it on PCGamingWiki i just thought i'd make a topic about this fix so more people can know about it)

Edit: i am suddenly able to post links in my GOG Forum posts. SWEET

Edit 2: i attached some pictures to this post showing how to set up XInput Plus for Prince of Persia Sands of Time in case people are having a hard time understanding how to do it
Works like a charm, thanks!
Just wanted to chime in to say this works perfectly! It sure beats the old fix that involved messing around with the stick calibration.

Also, a tip for people who want the closest things to proper button prompts if you're using a 360 pad, just set the keyboard bindings to letters that match up with the controller buttons(such as A,B,X,Y, L and R). The tutorial a is lot easier when you're not trying to figure out what nonsense like B1 or B13 means.
Doesn't work for me on an Xbox One controller. When I go to bind things it automatically binds an axis before I press anything. Wonder what's causing it?

EDIT:
I fixed it by increasing the deadzone to 15% and decreasing Saturation to 90% on both sticks. Seems to do the trick. Hope this helps other people.
Post edited March 16, 2019 by newtype06
Has anyone found a solution to Sands of Time and menu controls with a gamepad? The game is fine with the controller, except for the menus - nothing works. Warrior Within and Two Thrones doesn't have this problem.
Turbodude: Has anyone found a solution to Sands of Time and menu controls with a gamepad? The game is fine with the controller, except for the menus - nothing works. Warrior Within and Two Thrones doesn't have this problem.
sadly this is a case where the dev's simply didn't program in controller support for menu's which as you said is fixed in warrior within and two thrones, it cannot be helped, only thing you can do is switching to keyboard and mouse when you need to control the menu