So I combined the crystal cable + CPU + LED screen which I understand is supposed to give me a mobile sensor unit that I can use in the Junk pile. However when I try to use it it keeps saying it needs to be plugged in to a monitor? It's as if it didn't do the combintaiton correctly however the LCD screen is not gone from my inventory. When I hover the mouse over the sensor the desciption is still 'SENSOR + CPU'. Am I missing something or have I encountered a glitch?
There is a glitch related to the *labeling* of the item, but where I've encountered it before, it has not actually been game-stopping. Just to confirm a couple things:
(1) You're past the part where you plugged the parts into the UNNIIC and used it as the computer/monitor?
(2) You got the CPU from the AA gun and the LCD monitor from the UNNIIC.
(3) You no longer have any sensor related items (short cable, putty, sodium iodide crystal, LCD monitor, CPU) in your inventory.
(4) The item you have doesn't function as the energy sensor? (E.g., when you click what is labeled as SENSOR+CPU on, say, the emergency generator, it doesn't say something about detecting energy?)
Sorry to pester with questions, but I want to pinpoint what I can before proceeding. You could also send a save to email@example.com, and the coder and I can pore over it.
(Also, sorry for not responding faster -- I'm not as attentive to these forums as I should be.)
Thanks very much for your reponse - no need to apologise for the delay. My responses to your quesitons below:
1) This could be the issue - I don't recall using the parts at the UNNIIC, I have tried this on every interactive object I have found in the UNNIIC (interface, console, machine, cradle, radio, etc) but I always get the response 'I need to plug it in to a monitor'. Perhaps I haven't been able to find it - where exactly to I use these parts in the UNNIIC?
2) Yes, I got the CPU from the AA gun and and the LCD Monitor from the UNNIIC
3) I no longer have any of the sensor related items in my inventory, only the 'SENSOR+CPU'.
4) I can't use the item as an energy sensor - I've tried using it on the emergency generator but it just say 'I need to plug it in to a monitor'.
Can you help me locate a save file - I had a look at the games files but I'm not sure how to fine one...