It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Wow! The graphics are super awful, and I actually like playing games like Wizardry 6 & 7, MM3 - VII, Harpoon 3/4, Heores of M&M 3, Warlords 3-4, UFO Enemy Unknow, TFTD, Apocalypse, etc. (They're like Jeff Vogel's games, but with no gameplay...)
Not to mention no base building, no resource gathering?! What's the point of this game? Then again I think that it's from the same people that made Legion Arena which is just about the same game with re-cycled graphics...
Post edited September 23, 2009 by cutterjohn
If you think the graphics are awful, then you must find Age of Mythology hideous, C&c general should be unbearable, not to mention Starcraft...
As for the buildings and the ressources, that the whole point of the game. If you don't like it, don't play it lol
cutterjohn: Wow! The graphics are super awful, and I actually like playing games like Wizardry 6 & 7, MM3 - VII, Harpoon 3/4, Heores of M&M 3, Warlords 3-4, UFO Enemy Unknow, TFTD, Apocalypse, etc. (They're like Jeff Vogel's games, but with no gameplay...)
Not to mention no base building, no resource gathering?! What's the point of this game? Then again I think that it's from the same people that made Legion Arena which is just about the same game with re-cycled graphics...

Wow, good job missing COMPLETELY what the game is all about. I can safely say it's definitely not for you.
Just wanted to add that I frakin love Legion Arena! It's basically Rome: Total War without, you know, all the "total" stuff. The perfect game for blowin off a little steam between getting home from work and sitting down to dinner. Good, good stuff!
I completely disagree. I don't see a huge qualitative difference between this and Rome Total War, which is as good a graphic quality I need.
cutterjohn: Wow! The graphics are super awful, and I actually like playing games like Wizardry 6 & 7, MM3 - VII, Harpoon 3/4, Heores of M&M 3, Warlords 3-4, UFO Enemy Unknow, TFTD, Apocalypse, etc. (They're like Jeff Vogel's games, but with no gameplay...)

I'm sorry you were disappointed by the graphics, but curious as to why. Did you not look
at the screen shots on the game description page before purchase? Or maybe it is the animation you dislike?
Have you tried different screen resolution settings? Maybe you are playing on a laptop,
and that doesn't have such a great monitor?
Not that it matters, but on my old (purchased in year 2000, CRT) monitor, the graphics look okay.....maybe you need to dig out an old CRT to play older games on? Sorry if that sounds dumb, I don't know tech stuff.
I wish I had never purchased the game at all. I went looking for help online, and discovered that back in 2003, many others had the same problems: game speed is way too high, enemies move too fast, no way to adjust game speed.
Just unplayable for that reason alone. You sort of do have resource management, in that captured villages produce new units. You cold look at it this way: it's generally not very realistic to try logging or mining or farming in the wilderness when the forest is full of archers waiting to kill you. That's the P.O.V. of the game: not conquer a big resource region, but rather go in and pacify the natives.
Again, sorry you also feel it was a bad purchase. Maybe best that you go to Google and find a playable demo before buying any Gog game? I'm going to try hard to take that advice myself. This game is CRUSHING in difficulty.
I just installed this game and the graphics do look awful. Like the OP said, soldiers do look like stick figures. I did play (briefly) this game back in the day, so I know it should look way better than that, but the strange thing is that I installed it on three different PCs (a laptop, a netbook, and an old computer that runs Windows XP), and I get stick figures in all of them.

I am confused. What's going on?