It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finished the game. Yay, I'm a Postal God now!

Overall, I loved the new additions to the game, the chainsaw and the sawed-off easily being the best. I love how the sawed-off just obliterates anything in its way. Which brings me to my main problem: While Postal 2 was always kind of prone to crashes, it gets REALLY bad in this. Catnip-induced slomo and some heavy duty weaponry are essential if you want to survive Postal mode. Unfortunately, these two things combined make the game crash like crazy. As soon as you start blasting into larger crowds in slomo, it's CTD time. I hope this can be fixed, or at least made a little less frequent, in a future patch.

I was also sad to see some of the elements of previous AWIP editions gone. The katana was one of the absolute coolest weapons in the game, but I couldn't find it anywhere here. I also found references online to a Gary Coleman biography that shoots fireballs and Krotchy grenades, I didn't find either in the game. Are they still in there somewhere?
Attachments:
gogpostal.jpg (305 Kb)
FoxZero: AWESOME! It's nice to see my all time favorite still getting so much love from it's developers. And of course, love for the fans. :)

Not gonna lie, I nabbed the Steam version as I was impatient for updates. Sadly I now have to see the insane amount of hours I spend on this game. Now I just need a damned hard copy for my collection.

Hmm... I must ask, is it possible to add the weapon recoil that was in the multiplayer to the base game? I love old school heavy duty recoil.
I'm not giving that up. Never had the addon though. have the first and second hard copies. Box's long gone cause who wants the box (do'h) the cardboard box not the jewel case
Toploader: I guess this would be rather easy actually, maybe something we can stick in in the options to turn on, or add it to the higher difficulty levels.
That would be awesome! Some of us do like challenging shooting mechanics. It would probably need higher damage to compensate, but it's more about the sensation than balance.
FoxZero: AWESOME! It's nice to see my all time favorite still getting so much love from it's developers. And of course, love for the fans. :)

Not gonna lie, I nabbed the Steam version as I was impatient for updates. Sadly I now have to see the insane amount of hours I spend on this game. Now I just need a damned hard copy for my collection.

Hmm... I must ask, is it possible to add the weapon recoil that was in the multiplayer to the base game? I love old school heavy duty recoil.
PatrynXX: I'm not giving that up. Never had the addon though. have the first and second hard copies. Box's long gone cause who wants the box (do'h) the cardboard box not the jewel case
I like the boxes :D I only have a few of the huge display boxes left in my collection since either parents or shelf damage would ruin them. My smaller boxes are all mint though, at least the ones that were bought without shelf damage :(
Post edited August 08, 2014 by FoxZero
Oh! Running with Scissors people, you are GREAT, thanks for this! (And also to GOG.com)
Seems to have a new bug entry but it doesn't work. :( and of course bugs fly very high when you wanna play Friday for a long time :) Do love the BIG heads though. Didn't see the Ego boost till now. Small heads now thats just too weird.
Toploader: Updated Mac, and Linux will come, these are also not available on Steam yet but once they are the GoG versions will not be far behind.
It looks like it's been more than a year with PC patches and content exclusively. As a Mac user who also owns an original boxed copy, I'm starting to regret purchasing the game again on GoG.

Is there an ETA on when the new versions will be added for Mac and Linux? Or is the new expansion and seasonal content eating up all your time?
Toploader: Updated Mac, and Linux will come, these are also not available on Steam yet but once they are the GoG versions will not be far behind.
robertp: It looks like it's been more than a year with PC patches and content exclusively. As a Mac user who also owns an original boxed copy, I'm starting to regret purchasing the game again on GoG.

Is there an ETA on when the new versions will be added for Mac and Linux? Or is the new expansion and seasonal content eating up all your time?
any updates on that..?
Thank you for the field of view slider.
Thank you
Hoping there'll be a fix to get this to work on Windows 10. It crashes right out in it. :(
PatrynXX: Hoping there'll be a fix to get this to work on Windows 10. It crashes right out in it. :(
I had the same issue here is how I fixed it go to your directory where postal 2 is installed then go to the "System" directory then find the "Postal2.ini" file and open it in notepad in the section marked "[Engine.Engine]" you'll see three lines right underneath it the first one will say "RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice" put a semi-colon in front of that ";" then remove the semi-colon on the one that says "RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice". It should look like this:

[Engine.Engine]
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

Save the file and run the game it should work.
PatrynXX: Hoping there'll be a fix to get this to work on Windows 10. It crashes right out in it. :(
chunkyjackson: I had the same issue here is how I fixed it go to your directory where postal 2 is installed then go to the "System" directory then find the "Postal2.ini" file and open it in notepad in the section marked "[Engine.Engine]" you'll see three lines right underneath it the first one will say "RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice" put a semi-colon in front of that ";" then remove the semi-colon on the one that says "RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice". It should look like this:

[Engine.Engine]
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

Save the file and run the game it should work.
wow that did work. I'd given up hope. thanks. :)
If you still want to run in D3D there is another fix. In the Postal2.ini file go to the [D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice] section and under that change ReduceMouseLag=True to ReduceMouseLag=False Save and start the game. It will now run with D3D. However, I've found the game will still crash if you try to take screenshots.
JudasIscariot: Any mods that have been
made with Steam Workshop in mind can be easily repackaged for manual
install into this version.
But then that defeats the DRM that the Steam Workshop revolves around entirely; are you sure that's really feasible for any user to do, and that Valve aren't just going to update the Steam Workshop to patch out whatever exploit you have in mind?
Am I missing something? I just downloaded the 1.8 gb version and it seems like the exact same game. There's no new NPC variety, dismemberment or weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb1V2pIbPwo

watching this video I see the new weapons and new NPC appearances, but I don't seem to have them. The version I have is setup_postal2_2.1.0.10. Is this correct? And if so how do I access the version in the video???