It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"Linux" returned 3 posts
Clear search criteria
Hi!

I recently bought PST on GOG and I want to be able to run it on Ubuntu 14.04.
To ease installation of the mods, I first installed PST on windows 7 (I have a dual-boot). After the installation of the main setup file, I installed all mods as the gog mods guide instructs (1280*720 is my chosen resolution). Then, I copied the contents of the installation to my ubuntu main drive, and tried to run torment.exe with wine. Unfortunately, I get this error:

"An assertion failed in F:\Torment\Source\chitin\ChDimm.cpp at line number 787"

The installation does work in windows though. Any help would be very much appreciated.

p.s.: hoping for a native linux pst release from gog.
This question / problem has been solved by aqritimage
methos_valdroa: ...p.s.: hoping for a native linux pst release from gog.
If you want to run the game natively on Linux, you can take a closer look at GemRB, a portable open-source implementation of Bioware's Infinity Engine. You still need the files from the GOG version to set it up and it's a bit of work, but eventually you'll have it run natively.
http://www.gemrb.org/wiki/doku.php
aqrit: fixup the paths in torment.ini
Thank you for the reply! I got the game to work by doing that. I tried it once before, but apparently I did it wrong. For future reference: I changed all paths in the torment.ini file to smt like this:

HD0:=Z:\home\username\.PlayOnLinux\wineprefix\pst_gog\drive_c\Games\Planescape Torment
DeMignon: If you want to run the game natively on Linux, you can take a closer look at GemRB
Thanks, I'll def look into that later! First, I want to play the game ^_^.