Changelog for Update v4.0.0.0034 (added 13 December 2018) - Part I:
* Ship Respawning - Ships will now respawn as captains are defeated on the world map to keep the seas interesting to traverse. Ships will not respawn for every captain defeated, but the seas will continue to be populated with ships of each faction.
* Ondra, Wael, & Woedica's Challenge - Three new exciting Challenges will be coming in with this patch:
* Ondra - Storms on the world map are bigger, faster, and more frequent and Enemy Captains and crew about the ship are increased in rank and travel faster when chasing the player.
* Wael - All numerical data for characters, spells, and items and more are hidden! This excludes Item Counts and Party Member Attributes, Skills, and Levels.
* Woedica - All Per-Encounter and Class resources become Per-Rest, Party Health no longer regenerates outside of combat, and only Prepared Meals will recover injuries and Resources.
* New Megabosses - Two new Megabosses can now be challenged in the game:
* Sigilmaster Auranic:
* Briny Grotto
* Corroded Wasteland
* New Subclasses - 11 new subclasses are being added to the game to add variety and allow for more interesting combinations!
* Those who can rally their wit in the heat of battle are known as Tacticians. These warriors see all forms of combat as only pieces moving in play. Frequently assuming leadership positions within a structured military, Tacticians weaponize cleverness and sharpen experience.
* Restore Discipline when successfully Interrupting an enemy action.
* Gain Brilliant Tactician.
* Penetration and Accuracy is reduced when attacking a target that is not being attacked by an ally.
* Gain Tactical Dilemma
* Furyshapers carry a burden of trauma in their past lives, suffering when those emotions inexplicably bleed into their current psyche. These rare individuals can manifest their emotions in a physical form, inflicting their rage, terror, or madness onto the world.
* Gain Shape Ward: Frenzy at Power Level 1.
* Gain Shape Ward: Fear at Power Level 4.
* Gain Shape Ward: Blood at Power Level 8.
* Gain bonus Accuracy against spirits.
* If a Ward is destroyed, take immediate Raw Damage and a Power Level penalty until combat ends.
* Will is reduced.
* As charming as they are devious, these rogues use cleverness and diplomacy to achieve their goals. Often acting only in self-interest, they have been known to contract high-society thefts, unveil scandals, or even perform the occasional white-glove assassination.
* Gain significant Hit to Crit against Charmed targets.
* Gain Roguish Charm ability.
* Gain Hit to Graze against attacks when not affected by any afflictions.
* Cannot Engage.
* Gain Cowardice ability.
Steel Garrote (Paladin)
* The Steel Garrote is a feared paladin order dedicated to Woedica. They work with powerful individuals and business interest to hunt down those who violate contracts, especially if said contracts were endorsed by a priestess of the Exiled Queen. They were founded in the Aedyr Empire and are active throughout the region - branching out as far as the Dyrwood and the Vailian Republics.
* Heal for a portion of the damage dealt to afflicted targets.
* Gain Garrote ability.
Arcane Archer (Ranger)
* A rare few find themselves gifted in both physical ability and the more cerebral, arcane talents. Arcane Archers are among those few, and apply their innate aptitude with magic by temporarily infusing spells into their projectiles. More commonly seen among traveling performers or during archery contests, these skilled individuals are both admired and reviled for their abilities.
* Imbue spell effects gain increased Accuracy from Arcana skill.
* Gain Imbue: Missiles at Power Level 1.
* Gain Imbue: Web at Power Level 3.
* Gain Imbue: Fireball at Power Level 5.
* Gain Imbue: Eora at Power Level 7.
* Gain Imbue: Death at Power Level 9.
* Receive a penalty to Accuracy with attacks not of the following traits: Imbue, Elements, Fire, Frost, Acid, Electricity, and Spell.
* Max health is reduced.
Forbidden Fist (Monk)
* Followers of cryptic teachings rooted in a dark past, these monks are among the few granted - or cursed - with knowledge of forbidden techniques. Their martial prowess was said to corrupt the very soul of the wielder. Believing that great and terrible events justify their use, these monks travel Eora weighing the balance between the purity of their soul and the necessity of conflict.
* Gain Wounds and Health when Hostile effects expire.
* Gain Forbidden Fist ability.
* No longer gain Wounds from damage received.
* Bellowers are often found in communities steeped in hardship, particularly among those that have experienced recent misfortune. Their tales better resemble a collections of ramblings and gibberish than coherent stories. Their name stems from the rare, violent, empassioned outbursts of fearsome magic.
* Invocations grant (and benefit from) a brief bonus to Power Level based on the number of held Phrases.
* Invocations consume all remaining Phrases.
* Chant radius is reduced.
Priest of Woedica (Priest)
* Priests and Priestesses of the Exiled Queen express their faith as lawyers and judges in towns and urban centers. The most prominent among them have served as advisers in royal court. They are of particular importance in the Empire of Aedyr, where business contracts require their endorsement. Woedica's devotees are typically found in the upper classes, but any tradition-minded person who longs for a vanished past will find a place in her faith. When Woedica takes back her throne is a common saying amongst her followers, signifying a utopian future when society will be properly ordered once again, and she will take her rightful place as ruler of the gods.
* Automatically learn the following priest spells at new power levels:
* 1. Writ of Engagement
* 1. Spiritual Weapon
* 1. Writ of Consumption
* 1. Divine Terror
* 1. Writ of War
* 1. Pillar of Holy Fire
* 1. Writ of Sorcery
* 1. Hand of Weal and Woe
* 1. Writ of Mending
* Not all Ancients are venerable in form, but many have walked Eora for hundreds of years. Primal in nature, these zealots of Galawain tend to keep to themselves in forests and extreme environments, warding off would-be travelers and conjuring untamed magics.
* Gain bonus Power Level with Beast and Plant spells.
* Automatically learn the following druid spells at new power levels:
* 1. Summon Sporelings
* 1. Hold Beasts
* 1. Wild Growth
* 1. Form of the Delemgan
* 1. Wall of Thorns
* 1. Venombloom
* 1. Call to the Primordials
* 1. Fire Stag
* 1. Aspect of Galawain
* Reduced defense against Veil-Piercing attacks.
* Increased damage received from vessels.
Blood Mage (Wizard)
* Devoted to the belief that blood fuels the power of the soul, Blood Mages walk a painful and self-destructive path to arcane mastery. Though reputable animancers have discredited their beliefs, those few that have witnessed blood magic cannot deny that gratuitous self-harm can indeed preface unbelievable - often terrible - magical events.
* Gain Blood Sacrifice ability.
* Gain passive health regeneration.
* Unable to use Empower.
* All defenses against bloodied attackers are reduced.
* Psions are quite rare, often beginning as prodigal young minds that slowly unlock secrets deemed incomprehensible to even the wisest scholars. Their powers require intense meditation, but can allow them to manipulate the conscious mind or move objects with incredible force.
* Gain Soul Mind passive ability.
* Gain Telekinetic Burst ability.
* Loses Soul Whip ability.
* Receiving damage disables Soul Mind briefly.
Major Fixes & Updates
* Savegames with subdirectories in the zip no longer fail to load.
* If Beast of Winter is installed, you may now converse with Ydwin as you would a main companion.
* Summoned creatures now unsummon when their summoner is knocked out.
* The game will no longer return to the main menu after loading a save in particular scenes and exiting and re-entering that scene.
* Veteran Difficulty has been tuned to be slightly more difficult.
* Enemies now have +12% health, +8 accuracy, +1 penetration, +8 all defenses and +1 armor rating on Veteran difficulty.
Post edited December 15, 2018 by HypersomniacLive