It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
This ain't even a game, it's more dialogue than actual gameplay and it isn't a "tactical rpg" its more like DIablo without the interesting. Point and click and point and click, no real tactics required. Big waste of money. It took 90 minutes to download and forever to install.

I'm looking for a real tactical rpg like Disgaea, Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Tactics. You know, grid-like battlefield, lots of leveling and actual tactical maneuvering.

And whats up with all the characters being like 50 years old in this game? Not really a game. Waste of money, If I don't find a real tactical rpg soon then I will just give up completely on these downloadable pc games. I uninstalled PoE in like 10 seconds, its gone forever. Bye bye PoE.
high rated
Diferent strokes for differnet folks. Maybe you should have researched that this game has zero in common with Disgaea, Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Tactics. No grid-like battlefield, more of a "Dungoen Master" reading and spinning a tale that you take your character and their comapnions through - a live novel of sorts. Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, etc. Sorry you spent you hard earned dollars on a game that just as many gamers are into as are into Disgaea, Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Tactics. So to say "this ain't even a game" is the same as I to buy Ogre Battle and dis it in a review "cause it don't give me the depth I wanted in an RPG".
If you think there's too much dialogue (or text in general) in PoE, then you should definitely not touch Torment Numenera :D
Voodoo84: If you think there's too much dialogue (or text in general) in PoE, then you should definitely not touch Torment Numenera :D
there's 'Torment' literally in the name of the game ... players were clearly warned and didn't even need to sift through the fineprint (which says "Torment of reading slightly longer version of War and Peace extended edition plus extras")
MoneyPlan: This ain't even a game, it's more dialogue than actual gameplay and it isn't a "tactical rpg" its more like DIablo without the interesting. Point and click and point and click, no real tactics required. Big waste of money. It took 90 minutes to download and forever to install.

I'm looking for a real tactical rpg like Disgaea, Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Tactics. You know, grid-like battlefield, lots of leveling and actual tactical maneuvering.

And whats up with all the characters being like 50 years old in this game? Not really a game. Waste of money, If I don't find a real tactical rpg soon then I will just give up completely on these downloadable pc games. I uninstalled PoE in like 10 seconds, its gone forever. Bye bye PoE.
WTH are you babbling about? PoE uses the same gameplay style as Baldurs Gate - arguably the greatest cRPG franchise of all time. There's this thing called options and settings that allows you to pause combat at the end of every round. Learn it, use it.

All of the games you call out as great are all JRPGs, so just stick to that if that's all you like.
MoneyPlan: This ain't even a game, it's more dialogue than actual gameplay and it isn't a "tactical rpg" its more like DIablo without the interesting. Point and click and point and click, no real tactics required. Big waste of money. It took 90 minutes to download and forever to install.

3catcircus: WTH are you babbling about? PoE uses the same gameplay style as Baldurs Gate - arguably the greatest cRPG franchise of all time. There's this thing called options and settings that allows you to pause combat at the end of every round. Learn it, use it.

All of the games you call out as great are all JRPGs, so just stick to that if that's all you like.
None of those games are JRPGs

They are termed Strategy RPGs

But more to the point If OP wants a similar experience on the PC, they should go try the Wasteland and Shadow Run franchises
MoneyPlan: And whats up with all the characters being like 50 years old in this game? Not really a game. Waste of money, If I don't find a real tactical rpg soon then I will just give up completely on these downloadable pc games.
Thats my Favorite Part of this.
No young Girls in Panzers here.

Aside of Joking,i like some Jrpgs.But you should clearly have better researched before buying.

*edit*
Sry for the Necro,somehow just found this Post.
Post edited February 11, 2021 by Fiend87