It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Lone_Scout: Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets.
Damn! You beat me to it :)

I'll go for 1 day before Festering Skies

How long before GOG update the patch notes from 1.9.1 to 1.9.3?
jep:-)
I am OK with any delay from GOG.

I did not know about their update promotion policy, and I am very glad they have manual, human curated process of update distribution. I think it is a good policy which I support wholeheartedly.

If someone does not have patience to wait I'm sure s/he can find other alternatives. For me this is another advantage of GOG over DRM platforms.
I am ok with a little delay...
The problem is that many popular titles (No Man's Sky, Dead Cells, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc. ) don't get that extreme update delays. They are timely updated, or the ocasional delay isn't more than a few hours.
This kind of priority isn't fair for more modest developers and, in any case, having a title outdated for four or six weeks can't be accepted.
I agree with Lone_Scout.
1 or 2 days delay is perfectly acceptable, but certainly not 1 month (like for Iratus) or even 2,5 weeks like for the previous Phoenix Point patch (and 8,5 weeks considering 1.92 have not even been deployed).
Such delays are perfectly unacceptable.

Especially as in the mean time other games have been updated.
Lone_Scout cited some big names, but I saw GrimDawn (also indie game) was updated 1 day after steam.

And to add to that, they day GoG uploaded 1.93 of Phoenix Point (after this 2,5 weeks delay), Snapshot released the next patch already.
Post edited February 04, 2021 by Imarion
is utterly unacceptable.

a) some players can only find so much time ( with kids, work , etc) to play their favorite game and test or see its improvements and their next opportunity could well be after many days.

b) different version of the game makes the moding community to lose pace. for instance. A "gog" moder cant make his mod working with the game because he hasnt got the latest version of it. "steam" players report false bugs cause have no clue about the "gog not udate games" situation. its irritating the least.

c) I am not sure what is the case behind these delays. I saw games not updated at all and its devs responcibility ( not make enough profit from gog platform and dont worth the time update their DRM-free version of their game.
On the other hand snapsot clarified that they send the patched version on all platforms ( steam , gog and epic ) the same time.

d) Despite In many cases DEVs and other platform users treat us, gog users, as second class gamers ( think that outside steam you are a pirate, devs not support with patches, multiplayer problems, harder mod integration ) i bought over 200 games on GOG the last year ( i really played and play only 8-10 ) mostly to support the devs i believe they deserve supporting, to preserve copies of old games i played as a kid and most of all to support the DRM-free policy of GOG. B U T in this case GOG is the one directly treat us as a second class buyers. they need to explain us the cause of these delays and better be a good excuse. Not respond is not excuse or something we should get over with.

really disappointed
Post edited February 04, 2021 by nikossaiz
@nikossaiz: That's why I stopped buying "new" games at GOG's a long time ago. Only come here for the oldies.
Lobuno: @nikossaiz: That's why I stopped buying "new" games at GOG's a long time ago. Only come here for the oldies.
That's what I'm going to do in future - just waiting for a Steam sale and play Phoenix Point on there.
I wouldn't buy anything on Steam even if it was a matter of life and death, but the game is still on my Epic library. I'm almost tempted to switch to that platform...
Considering that it took "only" 8 weeks until GOG caught up with version 1.9.3 (one day before version 1.10 was published), I’ll dare a guess that they’ll skip 1.10 and we’ll finally "catch up" a week after Festering Skies comes out.

It’s infuriating. Snapshot Games distribute their patches to all platforms at the same time and GOG is not able to provide us with the updates in a timely fashion.
Lone_Scout: Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets.
mikfez: Damn! You beat me to it :)

I'll go for 1 day before Festering Skies

How long before GOG update the patch notes from 1.9.1 to 1.9.3?
They managed to update the message on the button right away. I guess they couldn’t be bothered to update the actual patch notes. They were probably too tired after updating the button.
Post edited February 08, 2021 by 4-vektor
The patches neither fix game breaking bugs nor add reasonably new content. They fix small errors (like calling women by men's names) and balance some mechanics that are considered broken (like multiple marks of deaths applied to the same target). I see no reason to rush for the latest and greatest in this case. Also, it does not affect my attitude towards GOG in the slightest.

Patience is great.
Lone_Scout: I wouldn't buy anything on Steam even if it was a matter of life and death, but the game is still on my Epic library. I'm almost tempted to switch to that platform...
I forgot about Epic - I'll see if can transfer my saved games
Grrymjo: The patches neither fix game breaking bugs nor add reasonably new content. They fix small errors (like calling women by men's names) and balance some mechanics that are considered broken (like multiple marks of deaths applied to the same target). I see no reason to rush for the latest and greatest in this case. Also, it does not affect my attitude towards GOG in the slightest.

Patience is great.
The patches fix a lot of really annoying or game breaking bugs. Plus, 1.10 finally adds an animation speed option, which is a real time saver.

Tbh, the patch notes pretty much disagree with you.

These patches aren’t just about quality of life or cosmetic improvements at all.

Patience is great, the poor performance of a platform for no reason is not great. And Phoenix Point isn’t the only game where GOG shows this kind of lackluster performance.
Post edited February 09, 2021 by 4-vektor
Recently I saw a huge discount on Xcom 2 on Steam.
I will not buy it now but was curious to see a similar discount on GoG.

And it somewhat landed, except that Steam has an option to buy the whole thing at almost 50%, which means 17,39€
While here on GoG the option does not exists, you have to buy everything separately and ultimately you pay 34,46€, almost the double.

Now, beside the shaby patching, GoG became more greedy than steam.
Post edited February 10, 2021 by Imarion