It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I wanted to wait for it so I cancelled the GoG Galaxy update process to 1.05 (around 5 GB download), but it's still not posted.

And it seems that cancelling the update automatically sets the game to "unknown version" so if I try to run the GoG Galaxy update again, now it wants to download the full 12 GB.

I actually have a bandwidth limit on the current connection, so this update process is rather annoying.
Post edited November 03, 2018 by ijozic
I'd refer you to the offline patch installer in your library but since it apparently still isn't available and won't be until (maybe) sometime next week the only way to get to v1.0.8 is to download those 12GB, again.
Swedrami: I'd refer you to the offline patch installer in your library but since it apparently still isn't available and won't be until (maybe) sometime next week the only way to get to v1.0.8 is to download those 12GB, again.
But, that's exactly my question? Where's the upgrade patch for download as it's been a week already?

Is it coming or I need to redownload the whole game?
Sorry, my bad.
You mentioning Galaxy twice sounded like you were looking for the Galaxy version of the patch or something. Does Galaxy really rely on the offline backup installers for patching as well? That'd be quite the irony.

Filing a ticket with support in regards to the still absent patch might speed up the process, but you'll have to wait until next week in any case.
I haven't tried Galaxy to update this lately, but I definitely want the 1.0.7->1.0.8 patch offline installer. I'd prefer not to have to download the full install for this, especially since all previous patches are (somewhat amazingly) still available.

It would be a shame not to get a delta 1.0.8 patch for this considering that the devs have done a great job with patches for this game - by which I mean, the patch sizes are very reasonably sized (which is a rare thing these days).
Post edited November 05, 2018 by squid830
Swedrami: Filing a ticket with support in regards to the still absent patch might speed up the process, but you'll have to wait until next week in any case.
I did and they said they weren't able to make the patch and that I should re-download the whole game installer.

Well, at least I know not to wait anymore, but I wish I didn't cancel that 5 GB update :)
Well that kinda sucks. When I got the update notice, I started the update, but it it wanted to download 7.5GB. I canceled the update to wait for the offline patch to see if it was smaller. I was playing another game anyway for Halloween, but now I'm ready to come back to PD, and I just noticed the "Unknown Version" thing and it wanting to download 12GB now. I tried verifying the game files hoping it would be a smaller download, but it's still 12GB.
Mean.Jim: Well that kinda sucks. When I got the update notice, I started the update, but it it wanted to download 7.5GB. I canceled the update to wait for the offline patch to see if it was smaller. I was playing another game anyway for Halloween, but now I'm ready to come back to PD, and I just noticed the "Unknown Version" thing and it wanting to download 12GB now. I tried verifying the game files hoping it would be a smaller download, but it's still 12GB.
Yeah, exactly the same thing happened to me.

I guess that GOG Galaxy validate functionality is not implemented in a good way, but can only validate the game against the latest version and since yours (and mine) is 1.07, it fails validating it against 1.08 and thus marks it as unknown and re-downloads everything.

I really don't understand why there's no config file which would say that e.g. the version installed is 1.07 and that it should validate it against the 1.07 release first (they should have some repo with various release branches) and then check for updates and download delta again. Perhaps they feel that it would take too much space to have all the release versions uploaded for little use, but I can't help feeling it's pretty lame of them still (i.e. I wouldn't have this problem on Steam).
Post edited November 07, 2018 by ijozic
Mean.Jim: Well that kinda sucks. When I got the update notice, I started the update, but it it wanted to download 7.5GB. I canceled the update to wait for the offline patch to see if it was smaller. I was playing another game anyway for Halloween, but now I'm ready to come back to PD, and I just noticed the "Unknown Version" thing and it wanting to download 12GB now. I tried verifying the game files hoping it would be a smaller download, but it's still 12GB.
ijozic: Yeah, exactly the same thing happened to me.

I guess that GOG Galaxy validate functionality is not implemented in a good way, but can only validate the game against the latest version and since yours (and mine) is 1.07, it fails validating it against 1.08 and thus marks it as unknown and re-downloads everything.

I really don't understand why there's no config file which would say that e.g. the version installed is 1.07 and that it should validate it against the 1.07 release first (they should have some repo with various release branches) and then check for updates and download delta again. Perhaps they feel that it would take too much space to have all the release versions uploaded for little use, but I can't help feeling it's pretty lame of them still (i.e. I wouldn't have this problem on Steam).
I suspect this is related to the fact that the devs had some issues making a delta patch (for whatever reason) - in which case it's not Galaxy's fault. I'd hope that Galaxy does keep deltas of all releases somewhere (or can access them at least), so that no matter what version one has, it can update to the latest one by downloading and installing only those intermediate deltas it requires.

If Galaxy DOES however do a full install whenever the version changes - well then that is a serious design flaw in Galaxy, that should have been well and truly addressed before getting anywhere near implemented. Which is why I'm having trouble believing Galaxy always does this, since that would be incredibly lame.
squid830: If Galaxy DOES however do a full install whenever the version changes - well then that is a serious design flaw in Galaxy, that should have been well and truly addressed before getting anywhere near implemented. Which is why I'm having trouble believing Galaxy always does this, since that would be incredibly lame.
It doesn't. Sometimes the Galaxy update is larger than the stand alone patch, and at other times it's smaller. That's why I usually check before letting Galaxy update.

Mount & Blade Warband is one where updates are a smaller download through Galaxy. They stopped putting patches for non Galaxy users which means downloading the whole game for each hotfix and update. Tyranny was the opposite. The stand alone patches were pretty small for it, but Galaxy wanted to download several GB each time.

Both of those games don't keep old patches around when new updates come out. Tyranny only keeps the latest patch available and I got screwed because there were two patches within two days and I missed the first one, so I had to get the big Galaxy update instead of the small stand alone patch. The offline patch was only 14MB, but Galaxy's download was 1+ GB.
squid830: I suspect this is related to the fact that the devs had some issues making a delta patch (for whatever reason) - in which case it's not Galaxy's fault. I'd hope that Galaxy does keep deltas of all releases somewhere (or can access them at least), so that no matter what version one has, it can update to the latest one by downloading and installing only those intermediate deltas it requires.

If Galaxy DOES however do a full install whenever the version changes - well then that is a serious design flaw in Galaxy, that should have been well and truly addressed before getting anywhere near implemented. Which is why I'm having trouble believing Galaxy always does this, since that would be incredibly lame.
My problem is that the Galaxy first generated some delta and started downloading it (around 5.5 GB's IIRC) which I canceled as I wanted to download the offline patch. But, then the version went from 1.07 to 'unknown'. And once I got a confirmation that the offline 1.07->1.08 patch won't be happening at all, I can't get the Galaxy to generate the delta anymore as it doesn't know which version I have so it wants to download the whole game.

I have no idea how Galaxy generated some smaller update, but an offline patch is not an option.
squid830: I suspect this is related to the fact that the devs had some issues making a delta patch (for whatever reason) - in which case it's not Galaxy's fault. I'd hope that Galaxy does keep deltas of all releases somewhere (or can access them at least), so that no matter what version one has, it can update to the latest one by downloading and installing only those intermediate deltas it requires.

ijozic: My problem is that the Galaxy first generated some delta and started downloading it (around 5.5 GB's IIRC) which I canceled as I wanted to download the offline patch. But, then the version went from 1.07 to 'unknown'. And once I got a confirmation that the offline 1.07->1.08 patch won't be happening at all, I can't get the Galaxy to generate the delta anymore as it doesn't know which version I have so it wants to download the whole game.

I have no idea how Galaxy generated some smaller update, but an offline patch is not an option.
Does the game still start for you? If so, have you tried uninstalling Galaxy, then reinstalling it and pointing it at Phantom Doctrine's installation directory? Sometimes that gets Galaxy to figure out which version it is.

Not sure that it will work in your case, but it also seems strange that it wanted to download 5.5 GB. Then again, they didn't create an offline delta this time around, and 5.5 GB is still less than the full install, so...?
squid830: Not sure that it will work in your case, but it also seems strange that it wanted to download 5.5 GB. Then again, they didn't create an offline delta this time around, and 5.5 GB is still less than the full install, so...?
Yeah, but if you've checked my posts, after canceling the 5.5 or so GB update, I don't get that option anymore. Now it wants to download the full 12 gigs since the version is not 1.07 anymore, but "unknown".
squid830: Not sure that it will work in your case, but it also seems strange that it wanted to download 5.5 GB. Then again, they didn't create an offline delta this time around, and 5.5 GB is still less than the full install, so...?
ijozic: Yeah, but if you've checked my posts, after canceling the 5.5 or so GB update, I don't get that option anymore. Now it wants to download the full 12 gigs since the version is not 1.07 anymore, but "unknown".
I did read that part of your posts, which is why I suggested uninstalling and reinstalling Galaxy - in the past where I've had it come up as "unknown" (on this very game), that fixed it; however I don't recall if it did this from the get-go, or if I cancelled a pending update. So it may not necessarily work for you, but might be worth a try (assuming you haven't already downloaded it anyway of course).
squid830: I did read that part of your posts, which is why I suggested uninstalling and reinstalling Galaxy - in the past where I've had it come up as "unknown" (on this very game), that fixed it; however I don't recall if it did this from the get-go, or if I cancelled a pending update. So it may not necessarily work for you, but might be worth a try (assuming you haven't already downloaded it anyway of course).
Ah, sorry, I guess *I* was the one not reading carefully then.

I tried reinstalling the Galaxy again, yes, it does show 1.07 now as you've said. However, it doesn't seem to be triggering the update yet.

Then I triggered it manually in settings and it's a 7.5 GB download now. Certainly better than the previous 12 and the full 14 so thanks :)

Would have preferred a patch file, but I guess all those earlier installer/patches are useless now. Better to keep a compressed copy of this installation as a backup installer, I guess.
Post edited November 29, 2018 by ijozic