It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Original post here: https://steamcommunity.com/games/559100/announcements/detail/1697195073674101884

Phantom Doctrine Patch 1.0.9

Greetings, Agents!

This time we're back with some additional content to spice up tactical side missions and provide you with some more insight on various mechanics and features in Phantom Doctrine. Also, we fixed some of the issues kindly reported by you, for which we're very grateful. You may review all of the changes below. Thank you very much for your ongoing support and now we're getting back to work, as more is in store. :steamhappy:

Improvements & added content
New variations of side missions throughout the entire campaign. They were added to the random pool of the following mission types: Ambush, Conspiracy Cell, Enemy Recon, Informer Assassination
An in-game encyclopedia, full of information and hints regarding all aspects of gameplay in Phantom Doctrine. It’s available from the main menu as well as from the pause menu during strategic and tactical play
Bugfixes:
Fixed: endless black screen during the first launch of the game
The interface can no longer be locked by bringing up the pause menu at the exact moment a panel on the world map opens
The “ASSIGN” tooltip will no longer appear in all free slots at the same time on the Loadout screen after entering a secret cheat code on the gamepad ;)
Fixed: buttons on the Loadout screen are no longer assigned to both the support powers list and to unassigning agents / unequipping gear
Suppressors have been slightly adjusted for a better fit on some weapons
An enemy agent with the “Cabal Sleeper Agent” influence perk will correctly join the player’s team when combat is triggered in the first turn
Enemy agents correctly appear on the POI screen from a tactical mission which ends in failure
Minor text fixes
If you encounter any issues, wish to chat about Phantom Doctrine or just poke the Devs, our Official Discord Server[discord.gg] is always the best place to visit.
The patch seems to be hanging fire right at the start. I get the following:

"Error modifying d:\games\Phantom Doctrine\IWTB\Binaries\Win64\IWTB-Win64-Shipping.exe
Error modifying d:\games\Phantom Doctrine\IWTB\Binaries\Win64\IWTB-Win64-Shipping.pdb
Error modifying d:\games\Phantom Doctrine\IWTB\Content\Localization\Game\de\Game.locres
Error modifying d:\games\Phantom Doctrine\IWTB\Content\Localization\Game\es\Game.locres
Error modifying d:\games\Phantom Doctrine\IWTB\Content\Localization\Game\fr\Game.locres
Error modifying d:\games\Phantom Doctrine\IWTB\Content\Localization\Game\it\Game.locres
Error modifying d:\games\Phantom Doctrine\IWTB\Content\Localization\Game\pl\Game.locres
Error modifying d:\games\Phantom Doctrine\IWTB\Content\Localization\Game\ru\Game.locres
Error modifying d:\games\Phantom Doctrine\IWTB\Content\Localization\Game\zh-Hans\Game.locres
Error modifying d:\games\Phantom Doctrine\IWTB\Content\Paks\pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor.pak
Error modifying d:\games\Phantom Doctrine\IWTB\Content\Paks\pakchunk1-WindowsNoEditor.pak
Error modifying d:\games\Phantom Doctrine\Manifest_NonUFSFiles_Win64.txt"
hi great. don't get me wrong but this patch finally made me uninstall the game once again.

it takes forever and blocks my computer, maybe i'll try later with a new/faster computer.

maybe it's no problem with ssd but you should try with a not-so-fast-hard-disc. data for the patch could be held externally, looks like a bad design-decision to me. as much as i would like to play the game, it's too much trouble.
konroth: hi great. don't get me wrong but this patch finally made me uninstall the game once again.

it takes forever and blocks my computer, maybe i'll try later with a new/faster computer.

maybe it's no problem with ssd but you should try with a not-so-fast-hard-disc. data for the patch could be held externally, looks like a bad design-decision to me. as much as i would like to play the game, it's too much trouble.
Yeah updating any patch for this game tends to freeze my PC for what seems like 10 minutes or more. I suspect it's because they've made the patches small so they only actually "patch" stuff, instead of just bluntly copying a massive bunch of files across.

The other reason I suspect it takes forever is because virus checkers tend to take their sweet time analysing the stuff that's being unpacked. To fix this, temporarily disable your virus checkers while it's installing (and just GOG to be virus free).

Personally, I prefer it like this - much easier to store the patch files, not to mention faster to download. Chewing up a bunch of CPU time while it installs the latest patch for 10 minutes or more isn't really a big deal; however, it would be nice if the patch updater had a working progress bar, or some kind of feedback, instead of just sitting there chewing up CPU - I don't entirely blame people for thinking it's crashed when it does that.
Post edited January 12, 2019 by squid830
Have you guys actually gotten it TO patch? I've downloaded it twice now and had the same errors both times.
Nightshade: Have you guys actually gotten it TO patch? I've downloaded it twice now and had the same errors both times.
The "error modifying" could be due to either the files not being readable, or possibly antivirus either renaming/moving stuff on you. or taking so long in its checks that the installer borks it.

I assume you've checked the game's directory. and it (and all files in it) are writeable? Allowed to be modifiable by anyone? I doubt this is your problem, but it's worth checking anyway.

Have you tried temporarily disabling your antivirus before running the patch installer?
Nightshade: Have you guys actually gotten it TO patch? I've downloaded it twice now and had the same errors both times.
squid830: The "error modifying" could be due to either the files not being readable, or possibly antivirus either renaming/moving stuff on you. or taking so long in its checks that the installer borks it.

I assume you've checked the game's directory. and it (and all files in it) are writeable? Allowed to be modifiable by anyone? I doubt this is your problem, but it's worth checking anyway.

Have you tried temporarily disabling your antivirus before running the patch installer?
Did both, no change; I guess at this point my only option is to download the whole damn installer again.