Thank you for the advice! I would love to hang in there and help the developers, but for $100, I've gotten nothing but silence from Owlcat (GOG has been great). I'll hang in there for a few more days but will likely seek a refund.
I thought I had replied earlier today -- sorry about that!
Playing version Unity Player version 2019.4.26f1. Is there a better version I could be playing? Wouldn't know how to even go about that.
I've been over to the Steam forums, but it looks like their solutions haven't worked for me or aren't applicable to my configuration. I am wondering if I should ask for my money back or wait for the next patch or version?
Considering the very bad situation for Mac user I would recommend you ask for a refund. It is currently a legitimate demand, considering some needed fixes for Mac are delayed hard. You can keep the game if you consider supporting the developers, for it would be a bad move if you just get it again when it is discounted.
It is a great game with issues. Many gets fixed quite quick and the upcoming big patch is promising. But Mac users are currently in disadvantage since the developers have a hard time fixing issues related to Mac specific.
Check this one e.g. https://steamcommunity.com/app/1184370/discussions/0/5406000785154611811
If I were you, I would make my choice whether to ask for a refund or not based on that and on how much you want to support the developers. If I would have that kind of issue, I would definitely make use of the 30 days refunds policy of GOG.com, considering the game breaking issue mentioned there has not been fixed for over two months already.