It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dessoul: Me? I don´t have a problem with the game. I just read, that the offline version is not running. And i wanted to hint out, that even as the gog team (maybe) is on sleeping duty, there are some strange people like me around having the newest version. (Which is running well in my case.)
Lingxin: Ah, I misread. But yeah, the issue lingering with GOG currently is that the game is missing the offline installers, while the game seems to be properly provided via GOG Galaxy (to a certain extent).

It is also correct that it seems the best serviced version is the one available on Steam. :-/
Not necessary. I just had some posts there from people having trouble starting their game. (Most possible because of the newest patch). Just the owllogo appears with a red exclamation mark. Which interests me.
Post edited September 18, 2021 by dessoul
Catrhis: I would like to point out how PIRATES already allow to download OFFLINE installer for the very latest version of this game, the GOG version btw, since YESTERDAY

Now officially pirates have better service then customers. No i am not gonna post links, don't ask, that's not the reason i posted this.

To gog moderator and customer service:
Please go fuck yourself, with a cactus
LoL, they have had better service for the past decade. But hey, what a coincidence - the main story quest is bricked at a cliffhanger / climax of act 4 and you can't bypass it through any means including mods. Unless you either download their garbage launcher nobody wants or actually pirate. Cause, you know, I totally don't have a website open infront of me that says "PATHFINDER WRATH OF THE RIGHTEOUS V1.0.4D.02-GOG"

Guess how I am going to continue my campaign tonight. What a fucking joke.
Post edited September 18, 2021 by Kasseopea
Catrhis: I would like to point out how PIRATES already allow to download OFFLINE installer for the very latest version of this game, the GOG version btw, since YESTERDAY

Now officially pirates have better service then customers. No i am not gonna post links, don't ask, that's not the reason i posted this.

If you download from pirates, and you think pirates are more trustworthy than GOG, then you're an idiot--that's all I can say about it. What nonsense.

If you don't want to wait on the executable installer version, then use Galaxy to update the game immediately. I do--works great. Then, run the game from the executable..!

I have never understood these posts and never will, I'm afraid...;) It's like the posters are shadowboxing with ghosts.

waltc: If you download from pirates, and you think pirates are more trustworthy than GOG, then you're an idiot--that's all I can say about it. What nonsense.

If you don't want to wait on the executable installer version, then use Galaxy to update the game immediately. I do--works great. Then, run the game from the executable..!

I have never understood these posts and never will, I'm afraid...;) It's like the posters are shadowboxing with ghosts.
You cannot force people to use Galaxy. If I wanted an invasive storefront, I would use steam. (Which by the way, in my country is much cheaper than GOG because it uses my local currency).
People choose GOG over steam because of their No-DRM/Offline installers policy. If they fail to deliver that... well...
waltc: If you download from pirates, and you think pirates are more trustworthy than GOG, then you're an idiot--that's all I can say about it. What nonsense.

kain2k2: You cannot force people to use Galaxy. If I wanted an invasive storefront, I would use steam. (Which by the way, in my country is much cheaper than GOG because it uses my local currency).
People choose GOG over steam because of their No-DRM/Offline installers policy. If they fail to deliver that... well...
Neither waltc nor anyone else is forcing anyone to use GOG Galaxy. waltc gave a valid and smart alternative, which works around the issue some people mentioning not wanting to use GOG Galaxy, by starting the game via the executable without the continuous usage of GOG Galaxy.

Using GOG Galaxy is a valid and good option until the issue with the offline installers is resolved.

Also, when you are submitting a support ticket, make sure to change the automated status from pending to open. I can imagine how some people might overlook that in the automated message you get from GOG, which instructs you to manually change status to make it a valid support request.

It seems GOG is for unknown reasons (probably pandemic-related) short staffed. But it does not mean they ignore you.
For example, I use Linux+Wine for playing this game. Galaxy is not a good tool to use with Linux, so, I choose to stick with offline installers.
Exactly. If you look at the community wishlist for Galaxy, the top votes go for linux support:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist#listElement_379006
I am an efficient guy, someone who don't like bullshit, and guess what, sometimes the more direct straightforward solution is the best. Plus if you knew anything about piracy you would have know that pirate groups thrive with reputation, a botched release can cost quite a bit in that world, while an unsafe one destroy you, and for people that do it for the glory rep is nearly everything

Safety? As long as your source is good, pirate release are even safer then 'official' ones, as all drm and surveillance tools are stripped from it, aka some version of denuvo, like "Mankind Divided" before coming here
I'm sorry, but what do you expect from pirates that is radically different from any other group? Like, *in what way* is SKIDROW somehow fundamentally less dependable or trustworthy than GOG?

Some people that did use Galaxy to patch managed to get the Steam .exe, making the game try to launch Steam when they tried to launch the game. Is that dependency or trustworthiness? Come on now.

People will always go to whomever offers the better product, and GOG getting beaten by pirates when it comes to stand-alone patches is just disgraceful. Stop making excuses for them.
Lingxin: It is defintiely unusual.

I have been irritated the past days since some say it is the developers' fault while others it is GOG's fault. I normally would expect them to work hand in hand, and GOG only publishing something when they are given the files by the developers.

Furthermore the discrepancy between the fact that Mac users got the update while Windows users not brings up more questions.

I am definitely against complaining in unreasonable ways, considering how much work and effort the developers put into iron out the bugs from the game. While I can also understand certain frustration when you cannot progress because of a bug. Especially when that bug is brought in post release by a patch. I had no troubles so far, since I also kept my offline installers since release so it is easy for a rollback with proper saves.

In addition to that, the GOG support team promises usually a response within 48 hours. For English support requests even within 24 hours. It is in total unfortunate, considering it is weekend as well.

I am not expecting anything until Monday. It would be welcome, however, if Cookiie, who is marked as developer with these forums is giving the issue shown in the recent posts and topics proper attention.

It is definitely unfortunate without doubts that they were posting patch notes about 19 hours ago but seemingly not to notice a critical issue with the matter.

PS : They might have misunderstood the note in the other topic that everything is just fine.
Day 3 no ticket replies; now two patches off the mark. But we still get plenty of meaningless self-righteous platitudes from you. Truly you are a blathering apologist, self-proclaimed forum gestapo twit wit. Why don't you keep your empty, non-informative nonsense to yourself? Spewing it repeatedly over GoG forums is an utterly pathetic form of self-congratulation. Find something that you can meaningfully contribute to and spare us your empty boilerplate posts.
Well, the staff at GOG is obviously gone for the weekend. If you lot actually plan on waiting for the offline installer, I'd give it a couple of days. They should be back on Monday... maybe.
Seems going with Gog was a mistake over Steam tbh.
Vaevictus73: Seems going with Gog was a mistake over Steam tbh.
Unlike those who are hard against a platform like GOG Galaxy and Steam in general, it seems weird if you consider Steam okay but not GOG Galaxy.
Lingxin: It seems GOG is for unknown reasons (probably pandemic-related) short staffed. But it does not mean they ignore you.
Or it could be, because it is weekend? I just to mentioned this, because i do not understand, why there are people around, which wants to be served now and yesterday?
The guys on gog have a weekend, like everybody else. They have families and a life. And a contract.
And just because a game was released, just means, that they have to burn all their life away, just to make sure, that this game runs.

I am pretty sure, you guys will get your offline thing next week.
Lingxin: It seems GOG is for unknown reasons (probably pandemic-related) short staffed. But it does not mean they ignore you.
dessoul: Or it could be, because it is weekend? I just to mentioned this, because i do not understand, why there are people around, which wants to be served now and yesterday?
The guys on gog have a weekend, like everybody else. They have families and a life. And a contract.
And just because a game was released, just means, that they have to burn all their life away, just to make sure, that this game runs.

I am pretty sure, you guys will get your offline thing next week.
latest update from the 17th, the one previous 15th..

Not over the weekend. Do more research.
Vaevictus73: Seems going with Gog was a mistake over Steam tbh.
Lingxin: Unlike those who are hard against a platform like GOG Galaxy and Steam in general, it seems weird if you consider Steam okay but not GOG Galaxy.
Steam at least has the updates on time. I used the offline installers for gog. When i saw that the galaxy may have had updated files, i installed galaxy. While galaxy recognizes that the game is owned it doesnt see it as installed and hence cant update it.

Thats pretty trash coding and it leads me to believe galaxy has zero advantage over steam. Not that it matters much because from what i read of .02 hotfix, those fixes solved things and still managed to break other things..so net result is thats it probably as buggy as it was before.
Post edited September 19, 2021 by Vaevictus73