It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have been unable to load and then select at level up the kineticist, on a save made using this work around - so people, be cautious. If you save and exit, you'll likely not be able to resume play (and level up) until it is fixed
The continue trick worked for me until my Kinecist leveled up at which point I could not actually level them up since their class was not in the list of classes in the level up screen
The other known workaround is using Bag of Tricks 1.8.0. Please be aware though that there's never a 100% guarantee something wont break down the line when you rely on mods. An update could make your savegames inaccessible.
I'm personally using this trick and I don't think I will lose my progress but it is a possibility.
It is rare that I say this, but I just have to admit this is one of the worst piece of garbage I've had the misfortune of playing this year. Almost as disfunctional as Escape from Tarkov. Had I not bought this on GoG I would have demanded refund already.
Your workaround works.

Thank you JSLfromBx!
Ichwillnichtmehr: Your workaround works.

Thank you JSLfromBx!
no longer needed. recent patch fixed DLC's