Changelog - Patch 1.1.0h (16 November 2018)
We are happy to inform you that Version 1.1 is here and ready to be shared with everyone!
We are eternally grateful for your patience. The bugs and other technical issues you've encountered can not be tolerated, since they ruin immersion and spoil the fun of playing the game. We apologize for any frustration they could have caused you, and we'd like to once more reassure you of our commitment to fix all the remaining problems. We hope you feel the same way we do - we were inspired by true pillars of the CRPG genre, and we believe that with hard work and dedication, this game can become worthy of their lineage.
We would also like to express our heartfelt gratitude to everyone who took part in the Beta test for this version. Your feedback is truly invaluable to us! More then 60 unique issues were fixed thanks to your reports since the beginning of the Beta. And we've also out around 200 other unique suggestions and issues on our task list for the next patch (unfortunately, we can't fix everything in a glimpse, so we prioritize and address major issues first). We'd like to highlight that we carefully read through bug reports threads on Steam and GOG forums, as well as the official forum at owlcatgames.com and the fan-run Discord group, in order to record all the issues described there. We can't answer all the messages personally - sorry for that! - but, just to be clear, we ensure you we care about everything you post, and eventually we will address all reports.
To make bug reporting easier, we've decided to keep the internal bug report form in the release version. There won't be a "Bug Report" button as in Beta, so as not to clutter the interface, but on pressing F11 you will be able to send us your thoughts together with all the required information (screenshot, save file and logs collected automatically).
As soon as Version 1.1 goes live, we'll continue working on Release 1.2, which we expect to deliver around Christmas. Meanwhile, we will keep addressing newly-found critical issues in hotfixes and other updates. Stay tuned - there will be more news about upcoming updates pretty soon!
Please, be aware of the plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!
* Players couldn't speak to Mim Wobblegander during the "Heal Mim" quest objective. Resolution: fixed.
* The "Honor and Duty" quest couldn't be completed. Resolution: fixed.
* The first objective of "The Door to Nowhere" quest couldn't be completed correctly in some cases. Resolution: fixed.
* Players could skip the first meeting with Technic League but found the "Technic League Encampment" area in rare cases. Resolution: fixed.
* It was unclear that players had to show the book to Jubilost to complete the quest objective. Resolution: objective description was improved.
* Players could talk to Ditael several times to get several cursed swords. Resolution: fixed.
* The "Green Stone" quest could be completed without an emerald. Resolution: fixed.
* "Find a way to deal with the bandits", "Discover why monsters are attacking the kingdom" and "Find the propagandists" objectives couldn't be completed in the "War of the River Kings" quest. Resolution: fixed.
* Willas Gunderson stayed in the Tavern after quest completion. Resolution: fixed.
* "An Amusement for the Nobles" quest's failed resolution was unclear and players thought that the quest was completed successfully. Also, some quest NPCs stayed active after its completion. Resolution: fixed.
* Jubilost's story wasn't updated after the "Door to Nowhere" quest. Resolution: fixed.
* In certain conditions, players could get the Incomplete Lawbringer Armor twice in the "Lawbringer" quest. Resolution: fixed.
* Diplomacy check DC was wrong in the dialog with wererats (the "Ancient Formula" quest). Resolution: fixed.
* An NPC didn't appear for the "Earthbreaker" quest at the "Secluded Lodge" area if the "Witch Hunt" quest wasn't completed. Resolution: fixed. Though, the NPC won't be there during the "Witch Hunt" quest.
* The dialog about rules in the "Price of curiosity" quest could be used to get infinite experience. Resolution: fixed.
* In rare cases, Jubilost didn't speak about Inconsequent Debates. Resolution: fixed.
* "Death to Queen Bdaah!" and "Death to Chief Sootscale!" objectives could remain unfinished after completion of the "Old Sycamore Caves" area. Resolution: if players chose the peaceful way to resolve the conflict, these quests will disappear from the Quest log (they will be failed).
* Siding with Annamede in Pitax could cause all guards to attack the party. Resolution: fixed.
* Additional reward for "The Lost Brother" quest is added.
* The description for the objective was clarified in the first of Valerie's companion quests.
* The alignment shift was changed in one of the dialogues in the "Deal with the Devil" quest.
* Some alignment shifts were changed in the resolution of Valerie's final companion quest.
* Tiressia could reward the player twice for killing the Scythe Tree. Resolution: fixed.
* The correct speaker was assigned for a certain line in a dialogue in Jaethal's quest.
* The quest description was improved for the case when Octavia and Regongar didn't join the party.
* The quest text was clarified for one of the objectives in the "Missing Child" quest.
* The location of the Poachers' Hideout was clarified in Sharel's quest.
* A Lawful Good justification was added to attack Darven in the "Deal with the Devil" quest.
* The quest text was clarified for one of the objectives in the Ekun's companion quest.
* If players decided to perform a ritual after completing Ekandeyo's "Bury the Past" quest they didn't receive set of "Wayfarer's Comfort” armor. Resolution: fixed. For players who have already completed this quest and performed the ritual the armor should be in the inventory.
* Jubilost didn't distinguish the player's gender correctly in his “Trial of Strength” dialogue. Resolution: fixed.
* The quest about Octavia and Regongar meeting with the Technic League spy in a tavern did not work. Resolution: fixed. You need to re-enter the tavern.
* After saving Octavia and Regongar at the "House At The Edge Of Time" area and adding them to the party roster, Octavia became invisible and didn’t move making it impossible to switch areas and breaking the quest. Resolution: fixed.
* "Arrest Morhalan" objective has more time to complete it now.
* The "Mirror Memories" quest could't be completed under certain circumstances. Resolution: fixed.
* The "Saving Grace" Tristian's quest properly display as failed in the Journal now if the quest’s result leaves Tristian devastated and he doesn't accept Sarenrae's forgiveness.
* In some situations, player didn’t receive third Nok-Nok companion quest. Resolution: Fixed
* Annamede now spawns properly in the Academy area of Pitax during the “War of the River Kings” quest. She appears in the area after players talk to Atalia who (most likely) refuses to help against King Irovetti. Annamede starts a dialogue proposing an alliance. We've also added several fixes to Annamede's dialogue.
* In rare cases, a premature ending of the game occurs after the "Test of Loyalty" event with Tristian and Jaethal. Resolution: fixed.
* the "A Bloody Craft" quest could not be completed in rare cases. Resolution: fixed
* In rare cases, the guard near Shariel could stay in the village after the first stage of the artisan's quest. Resolution: fixed.
* In the “Along the Cold Trail” and “The Lost Relic” quests, a part of the addendums didn’t add up. Resolution: fixed.
* Nok-Nok's companion quest could not start in some cases. Resolution: fixed.
* The “Guiding Beacon” quest could not be completed if the player found whip without Octavia or Regongar in the group, and Bartholomew was already dead. Resolution: fixed.
* “The Path of the Dreams” quest couldn't be completed if Tristian died in the Abandoned Keep. Resolution: fixed.