It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So troll raids are now twice a month.. they were one a month, which pretty much permanently ties up your general, but now are back to spawning twice. Once that happens, only your general can deal with them, and you are doomed.

This is really frustrating to put it mildly. I thought 1.04 was supposed to resolve this, and this is kingdom on EASY.
raichean: So troll raids are now twice a month.. they were one a month, which pretty much permanently ties up your general, but now are back to spawning twice. Once that happens, only your general can deal with them, and you are doomed.

This is really frustrating to put it mildly. I thought 1.04 was supposed to resolve this, and this is kingdom on EASY.
In addition to this (bug? hard to tell, with all the other egregious balance issues), there seems to be some aspect of automatic failure built in to these. I tried save-scumming my way past the one-of-two that I could actually assign my singular adviser to handle, and he failed every time. I can tell there was some randomness (sometimes he just failed, sometimes it was a disaster), but over 10+ load cycles, he failed every time.

Now, I cannot tell what the exact mechanics are for the check (cause explanatory information for mechanics is poor at best), but I'd succeeded at some earlier troll raids, so I presume success would normally be possible. I've also already killed the troll king and effectively expunged the trolls from the kingdom, so logical consistency is also in the failure bucket.

I like that the devs seem to be still actively working on the game; I just wish they had finished and balanced it before it was released. =/

Edit: I stand corrected; just to be sure, I loaded a few more times, and sure enough, he succeeded! So I have successfully resolved every single kingdom event which I was able to assign an adviser to (ie: all but the double troll raid events). Oh, and my kingdom is currently rioting, because I have no idea why and HOLY CRAP THIS SYSTEM IS BROKEN. That's all.
Post edited October 05, 2018 by sigmabody
I have no idea how the kingdom stability works myself, I can't for the life of me work out how to stabilise the Kingdom. Even with what I would call good stats the Kingdom is in a spiral (upgrade a stat with an advisor and a spiral occurs). Stability events happen infrequently (and the toss of a coin result) make repairing false fake declines feel futile. Enjoying the game then I run into walls, that kill that enjoyment... take a breath rinse repeat :P
...This is something that I've not seen, personally.

My Kingdom's been at Serene for a long time.

I'm currently finishing up Bloom, so I can't check right this minute - I expect to have devolved somewhat given the events of Bloom - but the major thing I eventually managed to pin down as causing stability issues was overspending. Going negative into BP really hurts.

And doing projects can easily cause overspending.

...finished Bloom, Still Serene.
Post edited October 05, 2018 by aerinyes
By design, the attacks are supposed to destroy the kingdom after a while if they aren't stopped - your general doing the events can postpone it, but they're basically fighting a delaying action. It's a way to get you adventuring again.
The way to stop new raids from happening is to continue the main quest - find the troll lair, deal with the troll king. Still existing event cards will still need to be resolved, but if new raids happen after that, that's a bug.

Event resolution is done by rolling a 20-sided dice, then adding 2x the stat rank of the advisor (here miltary)+the relevant attribute bonus of advisor (str for general) (+a modifier you get for certain projects etc - if you have any they're displayed on the top left ). This number is then compared to the DC specified on the event card, if equal or higher you pass.
You can see what goes into the bonus by mousing over the number under the advisors portrait on the event card or advisor screen.
Post edited October 05, 2018 by Gloranor