It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

I seem to have a fundamental installation problem with gog games on my shiny new imac: pkg-Installers spend a lot of time with "Writing files", then display a folder selection window (without any explanation), end with a success-message - and no installed game. Had this with system shock 2, support helped me with installing it manually. Now have the same with the overload demo.

Tried installing in terminal with options -verbose etc., but no hint about what is going wrong. Checking /var/log/install.log, there are some "file name too long" errors, but nothing that explains that games are simply not installed. Tried selection different folders, no success.

Does anybody know this behaviour?
Ever since GOG switched to using an annoying installer instead of a nice .dmg, the installers are broken, they're aware of it, and apparently won't ever do anything to fix the problem. But you can use a work-around.
eric5h5: Ever since GOG switched to using an annoying installer instead of a nice .dmg, the installers are broken, they're aware of it, and apparently won't ever do anything to fix the problem. But you can use a work-around.
Thank you very much, the workaround really works without any problems. Strange that this simple three or four commands cannot be included in a functional way in the installer...