It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hm, as i remember, you have first to start the hires patch and choose your wanted resolution. Then you must start the outcast loader, and select explicit HighRes. I hope i remember right.

As a workaround, i looked for the Pentium III 550 + 64.ini and changed resolution to i.e. 1280x960.
Delgado: Hm, as i remember, you have first to start the hires patch and choose your wanted resolution. Then you must start the outcast loader, and select explicit HighRes. I hope i remember right.

As a workaround, i looked for the Pentium III 550 + 64.ini and changed resolution to i.e. 1280x960.
finally fix it
high resolution and no black spaces
yay
oigroig: finally fix it
high resolution and no black spaces yay
And how did you get along?
oigroig: finally fix it
high resolution and no black spaces yay
Delgado: And how did you get along?
i have installed the hi-res patch and put HighRes on the Loader
Post edited November 19, 2011 by oigroig
KillerJuan77: Any chances for a 1080p patch?
Hard to say.
Running the game in this resolution is possible but it glitches.
I don't know how to fix the problem that the voxel landscape dissapears when looking down to the ground.

I wrote _Zenger_ a private message but he's not responding =/
Post edited January 10, 2012 by nex01
Can any one reuplaod this hi-res patch to a new host? megaupload is down and i would realy like this =p
Shikon: Can any one reuplaod this hi-res patch to a new host? megaupload is down and i would realy like this =p
http://www.mediafire.com/?4h1at8stfc9cfiv

Here you go :)
Post edited January 21, 2012 by Stockpile
thanks! that was fast!
LOL!!
I guess this is the start of SOPA. Megaupload down. Amazing. And i don't even live in the US, yet their abysmal "laws" meddle with everything.
Amazing future ahead for the internet. Sigh.......
Sorry guys! First of all, congratulations for the patch, I've seen on youtube and it's great. I downloaded, I installed and I tried various resolutions, but I do not function well. In practice, the resolution does not change (thus always play with the black stripes on the sides), while the size of the MENU become giants, so much so that they overlap. Can you help?

Win 7 32bit
LCD 16:10 (1680x1050)
The version of the game I downloaded from gog.com

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English, but I'm Italian and I'm using google translate! :)

Long live Cutter Slade
_Zenger_: Hi, I've made an EXPERIMENTAL patch to play Outcast in HI-RES, now You can play in 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x720, 1280x768. Also I have fixed the problem with the last jump at the Cyana Lighthouse, now You can reach that last platform without problems.

A WORD OF WARNING THOUGH, YOU MUST APPROACH THIS PATCH WITH AN OPEN MIND, THE GAME ISN'T SUPPOSED TO WORK AT THESE RESOLUTIONS, NOT AT ALL XD, AND THE PATCH HAS PROBLEMS

What do I mean with that?, well, that It's very complex to do a thing like this, in my opinion of course, extremely complex, so if You are looking for the perfect patch, You will feel dissapointed.
That doesn't mean that the patch isn't worked enough, far from it. It has taken me a lot, a lot lot XD, of hours and effort to make this possible, I've fixed a lot, and I mean a lot of things, and many of them have been a real challenge, but, even so, problems still exist and if You are looking for defects You will find them easily.

That is why I said with open mind, like an experiment... opps It crashed, well.. no worries, let's try again, that kind of thinking, BECAUSE IT CRASHES, I thought I fixed all the crashes but no... something is wrong somewhere, something little, something silent.. and with time it may produce a crash.... so... why have I uploaded the patch?.. Well, for two reasons, first because I think I can't go on with this any longer, I'm really tired of this XD, and second because I think there may be people who want to see outcast in these resolutions, I think It is very curious to see and although there are problems, maybe, It worth a look for someone, like an experiment.

I just wanted You to know that there are problems, but if You don't mind, please try the patch, just for curiosity

There is a clasic problem that came from the old 640x480 patch, and it's the loading screen when You travel... well, now It appears.... like a mosaic XD. The reason not to fix this is because to do that I should do an "ugly" thing in the patch, and I rather not, if I can avoid it, after all, it is a loading screen

Ok, now the good things

- The Cyana lighthouse problem is fixed now

- This patch should (XD) work better in 640x480 than the old 640x480 V4 patch. The reason for this is because I've fixed some problems that, although rare, existed in the V4 version, also as I said this patch has the Cyana lighthouse problem fixed.

As with the V4 patch there is two versions, one with the visor, and one without the visor. What I mean by visor is the green rectangle that appears in the screen while playing, just the rectangle, the onboard computer, the voice, the icons when You get objects, ammunition, all is the same, I have just made a version without the rectangle so the screen is more "clean"

You can see what I mean here:

___ VISOR: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/zenger/PANEL_N.jpg
NO VISOR: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/zenger/PANEL_OUT.jpg

Perfomance
----------
In my PC, a Pentium D 2.8GHz:

800X600 WITHOUT DOF 25-30 FPS
800X600 WITH DOF 20-25 FPS

1024X768 WITHOUT DOF 15-20 FPS
1024X768 WITH DOF 12-15 FPS

1280X768 WITHOUT DOF 15-20 FPS
1280X768 WITH DOF 12-15 FPS

I'm curious to see the perfomance in better processors.

-------

-----------------
LINKS TO DOWNLOAD
-----------------

Sometimes the link is unavailable for short periods of time. Sorry about that, I don't know why. Maybe that happens when the file has been downloaded a certain number of times. It it says temporarily unavailable please try again later:

NEW VERSION V3
(this patch allows to play up to 1280x1024)
-------------------------

OUTCAST HI-RES PATCH V3:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H6CIR27L

------------------------------------------------
-
-
-
-
-
-

OLD VERSION V2:
------------------------
KERNEL V2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TDLUGODF

DATA V1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RG1OUTNB

Regards
it works!!! very nice patch. thanks a lot!
Please, can someone get me a v4 download link?
Thanks.
I just purchased this game for 3 bucks and would like to give it a shot, but really don't want to have to keep changing the resolution. My monitor runs at 1366x768, is this available in the latest patch? Also where can I download it with Megaupload being gone?

-edit: somehow missed the post flipping through the pages where the new download link was, still curious about v4 and whether or not 1366x768 will be an option.
Post edited March 23, 2012 by SoliPants
KillerJuan77: Any chances for a 1080p patch?
nex01: Hard to say.
Running the game in this resolution is possible but it glitches.
I don't know how to fix the problem that the voxel landscape dissapears when looking down to the ground.

I wrote _Zenger_ a private message but he's not responding =/
What’s the technical difficulty of 1920×1080 vs. 1280×720?

Would 1680×1050 be feasible?
Since megaupload closed and there is no other way to download the patches, could anyone upload them to another server, please?