It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Daliz: This is strange, people having to rip patches out of Steam manually to get a GOG game working. :/
javier0889: That's the developer's fault. GoG only sells the game.
I'm going to try this patch and report any results. Which was the mission that coudln't be accomplished until that last patch?
Yeah, I know. It's just strange that they sell the game on GOG but then won't release patches outside of Steam.
I'm going to try this patch and report any results. Which was the mission that coudln't be accomplished until that last patch?
Daliz: Yeah, I know. It's just strange that they sell the game on GOG but then won't release patches outside of Steam.
My guess is Steam's DRM allows them more control. Or the fact that DRM exists on steam makes them feel more secure against pirates.
Remains the question if you should sell a broken game...

Not complaining or anything. I don't even care that much, because I got Omerta as a freebie (which gives me the impression that the 1.08 patch should be near) and am busy with Dead Space, Borderlands 2, KotOR 2 and Final Fantasy VIII right now. I just can't read the "not GOG's fault" stuff anymore. Of course it's not GOG's fault that the game is broken. But you should ask yourself if it is okay to sell a game that has a known game reaking bug. For almost 7 months now! Just imagine your car dealer or supermarket would sell broken/rotten stuff to you, knowing that it's broken/rotten... Not their fault? Not my problem, I'd say. Don't sell broken stuff! It's easy. AND it would lead to a quick solution, because no publisher likes to see his game taken down due to being broken (especially not, if there's a ready and working patch!).

@OP
Sorry, but GOG won't use your patch. Technically, it's copyright infringement what you're doing. You're not allowed to redistribute parts of the software. GOG isn't either. They're only allowed to redistribute what the publisher gives them.

Sorry to be the party pooper...
The game wasn't broken until 1.06... It's the dev's fault for not releasing 1.07 and 1.08 on GOG.
@geizterfahr,

That could be official 1.07 patch from calypso and has already been implemented in steam version of thru game since december lo. To get timely patches on Gog sometimes u have to do it the hard way. Gog should encourage such selfless actions taken by community members to keep everyone's gameplay experience up to snuff. But we shall see whether thing become any less of a hassle once galaxy client is in place.
Post edited July 04, 2014 by lemming07
javier0889: The game wasn't broken until 1.06... It's the dev's fault for not releasing 1.07 and 1.08 on GOG.
I know. But GOG is still knowingly selling a broken game since 7 months. Again: Imagine your car dealer would sell broken cars. Yes, the manufacturer produced the broken cars, so it's not the dealers fault. But... I seriously hope you get my point ;)

lemming07: That could be official 1.07 patch from calypso and has already been implemented in steam version of thru game since december lo.
I know that this is an official patch. That's exactly the problem! It's Kalypso's game and Kalypso's patch. Neither OP nor GOG are allowed to distribute it, unless Kalypso allows them to do so. And this obviously didn't happen, since we don't have the 1.07 patch on GOG.

lemming07: Gog should encourage such selfless actions taken by community members to keep everyone's gameplay experience up to snuff.
No, GOG shouldn't encourage copyright infringement ;)

You guys seem to forget that you can't simply do what you want. Especially as a company! GOG is allowed to distribute what Kalypso gives them. GOG can't just pirate the patch...
real.geizterfahr: Remains the question if you should sell a broken game...

Not complaining or anything. I don't even care that much, because I got Omerta as a freebie (which gives me the impression that the 1.08 patch should be near) and am busy with Dead Space, Borderlands 2, KotOR 2 and Final Fantasy VIII right now. I just can't read the "not GOG's fault" stuff anymore. Of course it's not GOG's fault that the game is broken. But you should ask yourself if it is okay to sell a game that has a known game reaking bug. For almost 7 months now! Just imagine your car dealer or supermarket would sell broken/rotten stuff to you, knowing that it's broken/rotten... Not their fault? Not my problem, I'd say. Don't sell broken stuff! It's easy. AND it would lead to a quick solution, because no publisher likes to see his game taken down due to being broken (especially not, if there's a ready and working patch!).
I have to agree with this. I, too, got the game free, which is no big deal and I'm not complaining. But they should not be selling a broken game. At the very least, they should be providing an older version that actually works. But selling a version that has a known game-breaking bug isn't cool, IMO.

real.geizterfahr: Technically, it's copyright infringement what you're doing. You're not allowed to redistribute parts of the software. GOG isn't either. They're only allowed to redistribute what the publisher gives them.

Sorry to be the party pooper...
It may be or it may not. This all depends on the agreement they have with Kalypso. No way of telling for certain. If GOG is actually looking at the fan-made patch and considering providing it to us, then they're probably in the clear as far as legalities are concerned. I highly doubt they'd do it if it would get them into a legal jam.
I do get your point, real.geizterfahr. I believe GOG should apply a serious discount to this game, or at least a warning in its page. If, in the long run, the devs don't release the patch (which seems likely), GOG should make some kind of compensation.
But yes, I got this as a freebie as well, and it's still playable on Sandbox mode.
javier0889: I do get your point, real.geizterfahr. I believe GOG should apply a serious discount to this game, or at least a warning in its page. If, in the long run, the devs don't release the patch (which seems likely), GOG should make some kind of compensation.
But yes, I got this as a freebie as well, and it's still playable on Sandbox mode.
I've said as much in other threads, just not the discount part. GOG needs a disclaimer in the store page, should offer the option of a refund to paying customers who don't want to wait and, generally speaking, provide links to older visions/patches of games so games can still (potentially) be enjoyed while waiting on official fixes. All things considered, it was deplorable for Kalypso to not give GOG the patch and still not give GOG the patch when all that really needs to be done is send an e-mail with the file and the silence on this issue is grating.

The same day I read about this issue I asked GOG to remove the game from my library because I don't want it and have no intention of playing it. How'd I end up with it? I clicked the big square during the promotion to purely check out the game, not the little green 'Free' button, and the game was given to me. At this point I have yet to hear back from GOG in respect to that or my suggestions.

Next to being denied a refund for Inquisitor after discovering it has a very poor and wholly unexplained stamina mechanic, something that appears nowhere in the wealth of written material that comes with the game and something that is integral to the game, this is the only other issue I've had with GOG. Considered the time I've spent with GOG I'm satisfied with that and the way they do business. That doesn't make this situation acceptable, rather it makes the wait for hearing about something acceptable.

But something really needs to happen.
1.07 is officially here
Post edited July 07, 2014 by Dawnreader
TheBitterness: I've said as much in other threads, just not the discount part. GOG needs a disclaimer in the store page, should offer the option of a refund to paying customers who don't want to wait and, generally speaking, provide links to older visions/patches of games so games can still (potentially) be enjoyed while waiting on official fixes. All things considered, it was deplorable for Kalypso to not give GOG the patch and still not give GOG the patch when all that really needs to be done is send an e-mail with the file and the silence on this issue is grating.

The same day I read about this issue I asked GOG to remove the game from my library because I don't want it and have no intention of playing it. How'd I end up with it? I clicked the big square during the promotion to purely check out the game, not the little green 'Free' button, and the game was given to me. At this point I have yet to hear back from GOG in respect to that or my suggestions.

Next to being denied a refund for Inquisitor after discovering it has a very poor and wholly unexplained stamina mechanic, something that appears nowhere in the wealth of written material that comes with the game and something that is integral to the game, this is the only other issue I've had with GOG. Considered the time I've spent with GOG I'm satisfied with that and the way they do business. That doesn't make this situation acceptable, rather it makes the wait for hearing about something acceptable.

But something really needs to happen.
Ridiculous if you're truly expecting a refund for bad game-design. It's not GOG responsibility that the developer decided to include such mechanics in their game.

Also the game is nowhere near broken as some people made it. The thing is THE GAME USED TO BE FINE (i already completed it once without a hitch), until the developer introduced the mega patch (v 1.06) in conjuction with The Japanese Incentive DLC. That patch broke some of in-game mission and trigger point. Can you imagine how awkward from GOG's perspective if they pull it off the shelf? It's different if the game is broken from the get-go. It's always the case of "vocal minority".

Anyway patch 1.07 has just been released, guess it'll make you happy.
Post edited July 07, 2014 by wormholewizards
Does anyone have a patch to allow playing more than just the first mission before getting the game end credits and not being able to play further?

As $20 seems a bit overpriced for a 1 mission demo :-(

GOG really should revert to offering an older working version for download or halt further sales until the problem is fixed.
dwyloc: Does anyone have a patch to allow playing more than just the first mission before getting the game end credits and not being able to play further?

As $20 seems a bit overpriced for a 1 mission demo :-(

GOG really should revert to offering an older working version for download or halt further sales until the problem is fixed.
For now the patch 1.7 is working correctly only if you have the JI DLC, otherwise no luck yet. I know because i have that DLC and the game work fine
Catrhis: For now the patch 1.7 is working correctly only if you have the JI DLC, otherwise no luck yet. I know because i have that DLC and the game work fine
1.07 is not working correctly, see http://www.gog.com/forum/omerta_city_of_gangsters/georgia_avenue_still_broken_in_107

This Steam patch can be "applied" on top of the GOG 1.07 version. I've tested it and Georgia Avenue works with it.
Catrhis: For now the patch 1.7 is working correctly only if you have the JI DLC, otherwise no luck yet. I know because i have that DLC and the game work fine
HertogJan: 1.07 is not working correctly, see http://www.gog.com/forum/omerta_city_of_gangsters/georgia_avenue_still_broken_in_107

This Steam patch can be "applied" on top of the GOG 1.07 version. I've tested it and Georgia Avenue works with it.
Great! I was going to ask if that was possible :)