It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is there a newer patch (1.08) released (somewhere else) or in the works?
At last!
BranjoHello: Is there a newer patch (1.08) released (somewhere else) or in the works?
Kalypso is working (so they say) on a 1.08 update for GOG, Steam, etc... That's why they didn't release the 1.07 for anything other than Steam at the time and everyone complained for 8 months about that. I would dare say that maybe within a year you might see the 1.08 update from Kalypso... If they are working on it, of course.
Post edited July 07, 2014 by jonridan
DProject: Umm, question:
This is my current mission objective: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/135436/Omerta%202014-07-07%2019-06-21-52.jpg

How do I accomplish that? It's been so many months I don't even remember how to play the game anymore. My memory is hazy, but wasn't that the mission objective before the patch too? And in that case, the patch is still useless or somehow has trouble with saves from a previous build? Can anyone help?

edit: Okay, I just went to the folder where I've installed the game and took a look at the exe properties: it still says version 1.06, which means the new installer didn't replace the files like I expected it to. How do I fix this? Could GOG provide a patch link too in addition to the new installer they provided?

edit2: in the credits section it does say 1.07...so apparently the patch was properly installed but the mission is still broken for me - that, or I just don't know how to do the current objective.
JudasIscariot: This could also be a save issue :)

Can you try backing up your current saves, uninstalling, erasing the old saves, reinstalling, and trying again?
I will try that now, thanks.
JudasIscariot: This could also be a save issue :)

Can you try backing up your current saves, uninstalling, erasing the old saves, reinstalling, and trying again?
DProject: I will try that now, thanks.
Please make sure you use the new installers for both the base game and The Japanese Incentive DLC, if you have that :)
Alright, here's what I did:
- I backed up my old saves
- Uninstalled everything including the saves from their original location
- Reinstalled everything
- Booted up the game, noticed differences in UI, nothing major though
- Put my old save files back in the folder the game uses for saves
- Booted up the game again...

...And noticed the problem is still here. The mission is still glitched, also the UI looks like it did before (the old UI). So apparently the saves somehow revert the game back to its pre-patched state. So, to me it looks like the patch might work in theory, but it's only any good if you're willing to play the game all the way through from the start. I, personally, don't think so. I got this far, but didn't find the experience good enough to justify another, new play-through: in other words, fuck this game and fuck Kalypso. I know you really tried GOG, I know you did, but some folks just don't care about making the end users happy. This whole fiasco (Steam users having had the patch for 8 months longer than GOGers) has lead me to boycott any future or past products by Kalypso until the day I die.
Yay I can finally download the GOG version of this game :)
Nice, at long last. :)
Sweet!
Thank you! ;-)
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

We have put up new installers for both the base game (Omerta: City of Gangsters) and The Japanese Incentive that will update your version of the game to version 1.07.

But I thought we were waiting for Kalypso to release v1.08.
Does that mean we're still waiting for that?
I'm downloading now but the GOG installer seems to have the same version number that I downloaded 6 months ago, v2.2.0.1.
What's going on?
Thanks.
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

We have put up new installers for both the base game (Omerta: City of Gangsters) and The Japanese Incentive that will update your version of the game to version 1.07.

Kank: But I thought we were waiting for Kalypso to release v1.08.
I'm downloading now but the GOG installer seems to have the same version number that I downloaded 6 months ago, v2.2.0.1.
What's going on?
Thanks.
Everyone, not just here but everywhere, is still waiting for 1.08.

I am not sure as to why the installer is labelled as such but I can assure you it's the latest and greatest :)
Post edited July 07, 2014 by JudasIscariot
What's going on?
Thanks.
JudasIscariot: Everyone, not just here but everywhere, is still waiting for 1.08.

I am not sure as to why the installer is labelled as such but I can assure you it's the latest and greatest :)
Thank you. Yes, I knew that 1.08 was never issued anywhere but I had hoped that they would have finished it by now. Yeah, I know, that was foolish of me :-)

And thank you for confirming that it is really the very latest.
What's going on?
Thanks.
JudasIscariot: Everyone, not just here but everywhere, is still waiting for 1.08.

Well its the greatest thats for sure.
Now after the first mission the credits rolls.
I don't know about any one else, but whenever I complete ANY campaign mission, it goes to the credits, and makes it impossible to complete the game.

But I have to agree with DProject, I will NEVER buy another product of theirs. I have never had a good experience with Kalypso, and I'm not just talking about this, I bought Tropico 4 gold [Xbox 360] a while ago, and the code is broken.

I have contacted Kalypso multiple times about this, and have been ignored.