It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If 4.08 works, stick with 4.08.
I am running an oldest 4.10 for Witcher 3: GOTY. Not missing anything.
AlpakaDream: I get a warning when I start the game using Windows 7, that multiplayer won't work anymore on Win 7 / 8.
Offline gameplay however works fine.
fsbarbero: Do you have an nVidia or AMD graphic card? My graphic card is nVidia GTX 1070

What version of graphics driver are you using? I'm using 472.12, the last driver for Windows 7/8. Drivers after that version are only security patches and doesn't include any fix or modifications.

Have you made any additional modifications to your system to make the game work for you, perhaps by modifying the Vulkan drivers? As far as I know, NMS from 4.15 version onwards uses Vulkan 1.3 version, that is only supported by windows 10/11. Maybe this is why the game is trying to use OpenGL instead of Vulkan in my system. I don't know how to force the game to use Vulkan instead of OpenGL.
nvidia gtx 1060
driver: 470
Post edited April 20, 2023 by AlpakaDream
fsbarbero: Do you have an nVidia or AMD graphic card? My graphic card is nVidia GTX 1070

What version of graphics driver are you using? I'm using 472.12, the last driver for Windows 7/8. Drivers after that version are only security patches and doesn't include any fix or modifications.

Have you made any additional modifications to your system to make the game work for you, perhaps by modifying the Vulkan drivers? As far as I know, NMS from 4.15 version onwards uses Vulkan 1.3 version, that is only supported by windows 10/11. Maybe this is why the game is trying to use OpenGL instead of Vulkan in my system. I don't know how to force the game to use Vulkan instead of OpenGL.
AlpakaDream: nvidia gtx 1060
Have you made any modification to the driver configuration to make NMS works in your system?
AlpakaDream: nvidia gtx 1060
fsbarbero: Have you made any modification to the driver configuration to make NMS works in your system?
I have everything set to highest performance, nothing else.
fsbarbero: Have you made any modification to the driver configuration to make NMS works in your system?
AlpakaDream: I have everything set to highest performance, nothing else.
The only reason I can think of why you can run the game, and I can't, is that you are using a much older driver version 470 vs 472.

The main problem is that 470 version is not available anymore and many other games requiere a later driver.
Post edited April 21, 2023 by fsbarbero
AlpakaDream: driver: 470
Could you be a bit more specific about the exact version, as only Linux seems to have any 470.x driver versions available from nVidia, whereas for Windows 7/8.x the numbering jumps from 466.x to 471.x?