It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No Mans Sky - MultiPlayer - Released today 25 Jan 2019

So make sure you set your settings accordingly to stop the griefers messing up your bases etc

Also the Offline Manual Installation files have been updated, and the files have been similarly called 1.77_GOG_MP, so presumably the multi-player aspect does not need the GOG Galaxy client

Anyway, someone with experience of multiplayer and how to set your settings ideally against any mischief will post advise in this topic .. Personally I switched them all off :P
Attachments:
007.png (64 Kb)
Post edited January 25, 2019 by alt3rn1ty
Yep I noticed my game updated to MP and the New question it asked me when I frist logged. I have a few friends on stream lol but sadly don't know any one on GOG that plays NMS.
Post edited August 15, 2019 by ten-th
I wonder after all the noise about not including MP to start with, the death threats and all the rest towards HG, how many people are actually playing MP these days.

And if in hindsight it was actually worth the effort the Devs have put into making it a reality.

I guess it was worth it for HG to come good on the suggestions made prior to release, and prove they are true to their word so as not to damage the company rep long term .. But imagine if they had not made any hints / promises at all regarding MP would it now be worth the effort they have put into it?. Like a hypothetical situation, after release, if they had not mentioned MP previously, they suddenly decided themselves to add MP, and now having achieved it .. was it worth all the trouble. I reckon they wouldn't have bothered because its probably a fleeting thing that will not be of interest to the majority, and for those that were interested it did not last long in keeping their attention, and in addition to that all the ones who wanted to play nice were either put off completely or have hamstrung MP play by turning off some of the features used by griefers.
I dabbled with the community events a few times, but even that was ruined by everyone leaving their own dog pile littering the destination planet, and knowing that the effort put into tthe event just results in getting a "Good boy chocolate drop" (Badge / helmet / ornaments etc), so I tend to just ignore those now.

MP though, I dont care one way or the other now to be honest, when I first bought the game the place I bought it from said it was a single player game, which is why I bought it, and I am glad now that MP has been included that for us who bought it as a single player game no online connectivity is needed at all .. If it had made a difference, then controversially I feel I would have had a right to complain at the company for false advertising at point of sale.

Overall, I would say HelloGames have done a damned excellent job of trying to please everyone with this game :)
Just hope they fix all the bugs now, maybe expand on having the Freighters as more of a home (as opposed to planetary based bases - Because I still want to explore and not be pinned to returning to one planet, so having my home mobile is the ideal way to build a base).

And maybe have something mysterious as a very very long term goal to discover / achieve. The driving force behind exploration is curiosity, beyond a certain point the game has nothing more to offer or tweak your curious nose to keep you going. It needs something more in that regard, and imho this is where the development should focus to put the final polish on the game.
ten-th: Multiplayer - like everywhere, you come together with the whole bandwidth of characters and human behaviour or misbehaviour, like in real life ... that's poor, because this stuff is suppose to be fun and help you switch off the real life trouble at least for a while ... but no, looks like there is no way to escape humans.

At least - if it's working - you can use those settings, to have some kind of protection (until someone will find a backdoor - i have no doubt, someone will try ...).

But isn't it sad, that kind of protection even has to be implemented ?
Crazy human world.

So - this game i enjoy playing alone - for me it's mainly a game to jump into for a while here and then and discover new worlds - that's MY universe - finally a place i CAN get away from the real world ...
Can't give you the amount of plusses you'd deserve for your post ;-) That's why "The Old Republic" made my heart bleed.

Liebe Grüße
alt3rn1ty: I wonder after all the noise about not including MP to start with, the death threats and all the rest towards HG, how many people are actually playing MP these days.

And if in hindsight it was actually worth the effort the Devs have put into making it a reality.

I guess it was worth it for HG to come good on the suggestions made prior to release, and prove they are true to their word so as not to damage the company rep long term .. But imagine if they had not made any hints / promises at all regarding MP would it now be worth the effort they have put into it?. Like a hypothetical situation, after release, if they had not mentioned MP previously, they suddenly decided themselves to add MP, and now having achieved it .. was it worth all the trouble. I reckon they wouldn't have bothered because its probably a fleeting thing that will not be of interest to the majority, and for those that were interested it did not last long in keeping their attention, and in addition to that all the ones who wanted to play nice were either put off completely or have hamstrung MP play by turning off some of the features used by griefers.
I dabbled with the community events a few times, but even that was ruined by everyone leaving their own dog pile littering the destination planet, and knowing that the effort put into tthe event just results in getting a "Good boy chocolate drop" (Badge / helmet / ornaments etc), so I tend to just ignore those now.

MP though, I dont care one way or the other now to be honest, when I first bought the game the place I bought it from said it was a single player game, which is why I bought it, and I am glad now that MP has been included that for us who bought it as a single player game no online connectivity is needed at all .. If it had made a difference, then controversially I feel I would have had a right to complain at the company for false advertising at point of sale.

Overall, I would say HelloGames have done a damned excellent job of trying to please everyone with this game :)
Just hope they fix all the bugs now, maybe expand on having the Freighters as more of a home (as opposed to planetary based bases - Because I still want to explore and not be pinned to returning to one planet, so having my home mobile is the ideal way to build a base).

And maybe have something mysterious as a very very long term goal to discover / achieve. The driving force behind exploration is curiosity, beyond a certain point the game has nothing more to offer or tweak your curious nose to keep you going. It needs something more in that regard, and imho this is where the development should focus to put the final polish on the game.
Long story short, it's less about them finally adding multiplayer and more about them saying it would have multiplayer at the start, merely to help drum up hype pre-release, only to disappoint everyone who did look forward to that aspect of the game. Among other things, of course.

I, myself, only pre-ordered it to play with a friend of mine. I don't pre-order that many games anymore, and this was a risk on my part. I won't be making that mistake again.

All that said, while I congratulate the developers (and perhaps to whoever else behind-the-scenes who may have added pressure on the developers to get things done) for sticking through and making sure they fulfilled their initial promises as far as multiplayer goes, it certainly doesn't mean I will believe anything they say for future games they put out. I'll wait till they're out to find out the truth of the product.
Post edited January 27, 2019 by GalacticKnight
How do you get to the options to turn MP off? I get two options of either joining other peoples games or other people can join my game.
I like that there are many option like multiplayer with friends only. Can imagine doing that at some point. Flat out NMS the MMO would be just a no go for me.
celwin: How do you get to the options to turn MP off? I get two options of either joining other peoples games or other people can join my game.
Choose "other can join you" which is the default old save of yours. After you loaded the save press "ESC", click "Networking" and switch off what you do not like.
Wow, only the patch itself is 3 GB in size... ATM I will stay at 1.77, but if I don't download it and update then future updates will not work I guess.