It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi fellow starvoyager's, I just invested in an outragous Samsung 43 inch (thats right i said 43 inch ) wide screen monitor and a couple of GTX 1060's etc. The option to choose 3840 x 1200 appears in the No Mans Sky Graphics options and i ramp it up to that, It then says restart wil be reqired etc. I restart and nothing changes?

I tried restaring from desktop, from main menu and from a complete computer reboot etc ... Nothing changes.
I even went into the Binaries and found the graphicssetinngftk thing and saw/read the old resolutions AND still saw the old GTX 1050ti's AND the old LG 34 inch moniter listed? I changed all that (keeping a backup file first) still nothing?

Please help its looks crap just a daft square box in the middle of the huge screen.

OK SOVLED!!!

Heres what id did. I DID it right the first time by going into the Binaries folder in: setting your gog location folder etc/WOS/No Mans Sky/ Binaires?SETTINGS

In there you will see the TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML

i OPENED IT IN NOTEPAD. CHANGE THE RESOLUTIONS LISTED IN THERE TO THE DESIRED ONE AND MAKE SURE PROERTY MONITOR= TRUE (NOT FALSE)

i SAVED IT WRONG THE FIRST TIME AS IT SAVED AS A .TXT.
MAKE SURE YOU SAVE IT AS AN .mxml AGAIN AND IT SHOULD WORK.

Save the original first and put it somewhere safe Thanks for looking hope this helps some other widescreen monkeys? LOL
Post edited February 17, 2019 by racingmad2
racingmad2: Hi fellow starvoyager's, I just invested in an outragous Samsung 43 inch (thats right i said 43 inch ) wide screen monitor and a couple of GTX 1060's etc. The option to choose 3840 x 1200 appears in the No Mans Sky Graphics options and i ramp it up to that, It then says restart wil be reqired etc. I restart and nothing changes?

I tried restaring from desktop, from main menu and from a complete computer reboot etc ... Nothing changes.
I even went into the Binaries and found the graphicssetinngftk thing and saw/read the old resolutions AND still saw the old GTX 1050ti's AND the old LG 34 inch moniter listed? I changed all that (keeping a backup file first) still nothing?

Please help its looks crap just a daft square box in the middle of the huge screen.

OK SOVLED!!!

Heres what id did. I DID it right the first time by going into the Binaries folder in: setting your gog location folder etc/WOS/No Mans Sky/ Binaires?SETTINGS

In there you will see the TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML

i OPENED IT IN NOTEPAD. CHANGE THE RESOLUTIONS LISTED IN THERE TO THE DESIRED ONE AND MAKE SURE PROERTY MONITOR= TRUE (NOT FALSE)

i SAVED IT WRONG THE FIRST TIME AS IT SAVED AS A .TXT.
MAKE SURE YOU SAVE IT AS AN .mxml AGAIN AND IT SHOULD WORK.

Save the original first and put it somewhere safe Thanks for looking hope this helps some other widescreen monkeys? LOL
Thanks for posting your solution. It's always nice for others to be able to see how a problem was resolved. Happy travels, Interloper!
I second what TerriblePurpose wrote. Very considerate of you to post the solution you found for your problem.