It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks for keeping this going :)

And good news on the last patch (1.09.1) in that it should be a 'mod friendly' update (only changing what the modders can not change, the .exe).
high rated
Changelog for Patch 1.1 Foundation Update (added 27 November 2016):

Foundation update patchnotes.
high rated
Hey Everyone,

A new experimental patch has been deployed to the experimental branch on Galaxy - here's a note from Hello Games discussing the changes

[i]First of all thanks so much to everyone who’s spent time playing the game and letting us know about any issues you’ve experienced.

We have a small patch coming soon which will include fixes to some of the issues we’ve seen reported. This won’t fix everything, so if you continue to experience issues after downloading this update, please do continue to report issues to our dedicated bug form.

Without further ado, here are the fixes/changes:

Following reports of some people experiencing issues with the game while unsupported mods are installed, we’ve added mod detection which will show a warning screen on loading when mods are detected. A click or button press will dismiss this screen.

Allowed remapping of the build menu and quick menu commands to support Azerty keyboards.

Fixed an issue which, in some rare cases, prevented NPCs from giving you mission critical dialogue.

Fixed a bug which could cause core items to be transferred from exosuit inventory to starship inventory. Note: this is a preventative fix and won’t fix the issue for those who have already experienced this bug. We have a cure for those who have experienced on the way, it’ll be released in our next patch.

Following player feedback, we have clarified messaging when being given tech that you already know.

Fixed a number of rare crashes (if you continue to experience crashes, please send a crash report and include your crash dumps).

Fix for monitor detection on PCs with 3rd party remote desktop or screen sharing applications.

New GoG Application Icon

We’ll be putting the patch out on the experimental branch now. When we’re comfortable that these fixes are stable on Experimental we will push the update to the live game.
Fixed an issue which, in some rare cases, prevented NPCs from giving you mission critical dialogue.

Fixed a bug which could cause core items to be transferred from exosuit inventory to starship inventory. Note: this is a preventative fix and won’t fix the issue for those who have already experienced this bug. We have a cure for those who have experienced on the way, it’ll be released in our next patch.

Following player feedback, we have clarified messaging when being given tech that you already know.

Fixed a number of rare crashes (if you continue to experience crashes, please send a crash report and include your crash dumps).

Fix for monitor detection on PCs with 3rd party remote desktop or screen sharing applications.

New GoG Application Icon

We’ll be putting the patch out on the experimental branch now. When we’re comfortable that these fixes are stable on Experimental we will push the update to the live game.[/i]
B0SC0: Hey Everyone,

A new experimental patch has been deployed to the experimental branch on Galaxy - here's a note from Hello Games discussing the changes

[i]First of all thanks so much to everyone who’s spent time playing the game and letting us know about any issues you’ve experienced.

We have a small patch coming soon which will include fixes to some of the issues we’ve seen reported. This won’t fix everything, so if you continue to experience issues after downloading this update, please do continue to report issues to our dedicated bug form.

Without further ado, here are the fixes/changes:

Following reports of some people experiencing issues with the game while unsupported mods are installed, we’ve added mod detection which will show a warning screen on loading when mods are detected. A click or button press will dismiss this screen.

Allowed remapping of the build menu and quick menu commands to support Azerty keyboards.

New GoG Application Icon

We’ll be putting the patch out on the experimental branch now. When we’re comfortable that these fixes are stable on Experimental we will push the update to the live game.

New GoG Application Icon

We’ll be putting the patch out on the experimental branch now. When we’re comfortable that these fixes are stable on Experimental we will push the update to the live game.[/i]
Great news.

Thank You
high rated
Hey guys,

Here's the changelog from the latest build on the experimental branch -1492442

- We've enabled a temporary workaround for the SLI issues people are experiencing. If you are running in SLI, please disable TAA and the game should run. We are currently talking to Nvidia about a more permanent solution for this issue.

- Fixed an issue where underwater buildings could spawn without doors which in rare cases would mean the NPC missions could not be completed. (Note: If you are still being pointed to missing facilities during the NPC questlines, you can either claim a new base and re-build the NPC terminal, or if you have a Freighter, remove the NPC terminal from your base and rebuild it in the Freighter. The NPC should then give you new coordinates. We are still working on a more permanent fix for this issue).

- Previously it was possible to get Exosuit tech such as the life support stuck in the Starship inventory. Savegames with this bug present have now been fixed.

- To prevent players with mods installed from having their game break each time we update, we have introduced a new method for mod installation. For details please see the DISABLEMODS.TXT file in the \GAMEDATA\PCBANKS folder.
high rated
Changelog for Patch 1.12 / GOG-10 (Windows) (added 07th December 2016):

First of all, thank you to everyone who's been playing the Foundation Update. Your feedback has been incredibly helpful, keep it coming!

Following are the notes for our latest patch: 1.12, which addresses some of the main issues we’ve seen reported following the launch of 1.1 (Foundation).

Patch notes

[PC] Following reports of some people experiencing issues with the game while unsupported mods are installed, we’ve added mod detection which will show a warning screen on loading when mods are detected. A mouse click or button press will dismiss this screen. We have also introduced a new method for mod installation which should prevent player's games from breaking when a new update is released. For details please see the 'DISABLEMODS.TXT' file in the \GAMEDATA\PCBANKS folder.

[PC] Allowed remapping of the build menu and quick menu commands to support Azerty keyboards.

[PC] We've enabled a temporary workaround for the SLI issues people are experiencing. If you are running in SLI, please disable TAA and the game should run. We are looking into a more permanent solution to this issue.

Fixed a bug which could cause core items to be transferred from exosuit inventory to starship inventory.

[PC] Fix for monitor detection on PCs with 3rd party remote desktop or screen sharing applications.

[PC] Running the game via the .exe file should no longer give Steam Init errors.

Fixed an issue where underwater buildings could spawn without doors which in rare cases would mean the NPC missions could not be completed. (Note: If you are still being pointed to missing facilities during the NPC questlines, you can either claim a new base and re-build the NPC terminal, or if you have a Freighter, remove the NPC terminal from your base and rebuild it in the Freighter. The NPC should then give you new coordinates. We are still working on a more permanent fix for this issue).

This update is live now! If you continue to experience issues, be sure to let us know by submitting a bug report here - https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=167605
Hey guys,

Here's the changelog from the latest build on the experimental branch - 1506566

Fixed the bug that would make the player character small

Fixed the instantaneous death loop that could occur in survival mode if you saved with 1 health and no hazard protection. You will still be on the verge of death when you load in, but it won't happen instantaneously.

Fix for steam controller not being able to warp
B0SC0: Fixed the bug that would make the player character small
No, you idiots. What you're doing is reloading some control config file that takes precedence over the user-settings. So now every time I talk to someone, I get the "Hey, you're playing on PS4 with insta-twitch turning all the time!" controls.

I'm going back to 1.09 and the mods that actually make the game playable, if I'm not playing something else. And put your Mako and Stronghold stuff right back up your development pipeline, HG. I've seen a lot of wasted potential as a tester, on everything from developers caving on fundamental game-design choices on the basis of how one NeoGaffer "didn't like it", to head designers turning on their heel and suddenly starts preaching the virtue of making a game as simple as pachinko-machines as the way to succeed in games-development. There was the time when a studio closed over a studio director not fawning uncritically over Sony's focus-group suggestions. And I thought nothing could possibly surprise me in the games-industry afterwards. But this? This is like watching someone create 3d-imagery with a piece charcoal on a wall in the street somewhere - beautiful, genius, appears physically impossible. That then a "professional painter" ends up "fixing" for market consumption by copying the outline onto a stencil, before they spraypaint miniature outlines in different colours all over town, and specially think on top of the original 3d charcoal sketch.

And they're all surpised, no even offended, that anyone, anywhere, didn't like what was the "artist's true intention with their work".

Bleeach.

edit: and now 1.09 is no longer available on Galaxy. &&%¤ you too, Gog. GG. You win.
Post edited December 10, 2016 by nipsen
How do I get Foundation? The only patch is 1.12 and I'm at 1.09. Where's 1.1? Was it ever posted? Maybe buying on steam is better.
The PS4 has received a huge patch (about 1.5GB!) and i guess this is going to be coming to PC soon? No patch notes but some more stuff is on the way :)
high rated
Changelog for Patch 1.13 / GOG-11 (Windows) (added 12th December 2016):

- Fixed a bug that would make the player character small.
- Space battles will now vary in size more and players should see bigger battles.
- Fixed the instantaneous death loop that could occur in survival mode if you saved with 1 health and no hazard protection. You will still be on the verge of death when you load in, but it won't happen instantaneously.
- Removed up, down, left, right as quick menu navigation keys to allow left handed players to move while using the quick menu.
- Page Up and Page down can now be used to navigate up and down in the quick menu.
- Removed duplicated planets from discoveries menu.
- Fixed an issue with redeeming promo ships in survival, which would result in the ship being spawned above the ground.
- Fix for missing ruins underwater which could cause missions to point to nothing.
Various audio tweaks and fixes:
- Added ladder climbing sounds.
- Fixed base building prop sounds not playing when placed inside a Freighter.
- Added sound effect for calling Freighters.
- Added sound effect when using communication stations.
- Fixed an issue which could affect ambient sound in Freighters.
- Changed the sound effect when using the Terminus Teleporter.
- Fixed some rare crashes.
Post edited December 12, 2016 by ElTerprise
low rated
algolly: How do I get Foundation? The only patch is 1.12 and I'm at 1.09. Where's 1.1? Was it ever posted? Maybe buying on steam is better.
v1.1 was the "Foundation" update, and whoever runs the GOG circus has now decided to not keep the major versions on the offline downloader, or have the available on "rollback" on glaxy. So what you get now are the last /two/ immediately released bugfix versions after each other.

From support, who doesn't have a clue why I wanted the 1.09 version,
Unfortunately, when it comes to offline installers, we are only able to host the latest version of those. If you no longer have access to your previous downloads, and you want to use rollback feature, then you can find this option available in Galaxy. To do this firstly download and install Galaxy:
http://gog.com/galaxy
So basically now gog.com is Steam. Trust me, gog folks, when I'm saying that we do pay attention, and that people will notice when you start treating your customers this way. You have a product that, as long as you shift drm-free only, will never compete with Steam or similar portals. What you did compete on was the fact that your releases were portable, and would be available as offline and rollback versions, as well as that your releases are not tied to client version and portal specifics.

With NMS, you did release the game with portal-specific functionality. When whoever came to you with the release, you said: here are our APIs and here are the ways to identify our customers and tie their unique user-id to your internal servers (that frequently drop off the grid and cause huge performance impacts no one tested for). It wasn't a huge deal, but you've shown that instead of saying: remove all the client specific shit, or we will not publish your release - you went ahead and said: "please, publisher person, let me lube up and kneel while purring like a kitten".

I have no need or wish to pay Gog.com to do that. If you do not provide the product I wanted, and in addition only provide the product your competition provides - just with worse and more sporadic updates that apparently the developer's pr person can dictate as per whim. Then what am I paying you for?

Am I paying you so your new community manager can brag about the great marketability of your "no drm! (but that's subject to change at any time, haha)" branding from a "uniform demography" to your publishing partners?

I'm not interested in that. I could just as well toss my money down the toilet and flush it, because I'm not getting the product I wanted to pay for in that case, am I.

And you prove once again, that expecting any company, however invested they are in treating their customers with respect, that once money is involved - then you are not to be trusted. This is why piracy groups that actually were serious existed, this is why some of us broke encryption that was "unbreakable". To show the industry fuckers that they are wasting their money on paying for DRM that does not work, and in addition is inconveniencing their paying customers.

But it doesn't work. Because look here at GOG.com - get one fresh new community person in, and you're already starting to streamline your product to what is "most convenient" for your partners, in order to make your product more appealing - not to us who pay for your product - but to your publishing partners.

Fuck you.
https://www.gog.com/connect <--- THIS!!

Why even have that if nothing you have on your Steam account is ever available?
@nipsen
The game is not yours. You pay to be allowed to borrow and play it, as the studio likes you to play it. If you don't like the path a game is developed after release, you must take action to divert from that path. If the studio prevents you; bad luck.

You have no right over a virtuelt product, the creators have them all. And they can tell the provider-platform what ever they like, or they can brand all copies on that platform as illegal (extreme option). Then all hell breakes loose...

Please read, and understand the EUAL....
Hey guys, does someone have a backup of GOG Patch 1.09? I'd rather not have to re-download the whole game, I have backups of all the other patches but I missed GOG 9 and GOG doesn't list a link to that patch anymore on the NMS download page.