It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Apparently, it's back. This exact bug.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVQsq_SDL0k

Whelp, guess I didn't want to play NMS, anyways.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
BlackSun: Apparently, it's back. This exact bug.:

The video you link at is very old stuff, the mechanics of storage containers have changed, they have shared contents with 'Freighter rooms', their exchange mechanics for items are different too - and very limited: from your exosuit to container only. That's what's intended and possibly trying other transfers will break stuff, yes, but ... just don't do it and you are fine :)

Besides, there is no reason to get excited because of possible container bugs: containers are useless anyway. They were initially intended to help players store things during base farming operations.
To store things and be mobile with them, use your ships, exocrafts and freighter instead. I use these containers only in my freighter to store things for freighter fuel construction, else I don't bother with them.
Post edited May 29, 2019 by XenonS
XenonS: The video you link at is very old stuff, the mechanics of storage containers have changed
... and the bug is still back. Huh. How about that? Almost seems like changes that happened since then are completely irrelevant to the bug existing again...! Weird! ... yeah, what exactly were you going for with that non-argument? This is literally irrelevant. A bug is a bug.
XenonS: from your exosuit to container only. That's what's intended
... source? ... no. No, it's not intended. It's a bug. A bug which was fixed many versions ago, and is now back. See attachment.
XenonS: containers are useless anyway. [...] I use these containers only in my freighter to store things for freighter fuel construction, else I don't bother with them.
Good to know that I'm not allowed to use my containers in my game to see my needs met, because you disagree with how I'm playing my game. Thank you for telling me how to play my game, really appreciated, not.

How's this: I disagree with your way to play the game, therefore I don't care about your personal, dismissive opinion about factual bugs not being bugs and / or not being a big deal in the game. Bugs that do, in fact, affect other players. And I'm talking plural, both on the topic of "bugs", and on the topic of "players".

Because, on top of the annoying storage container bug making its return, there are other game breaking bugs that have been patched into the game since I last played, like doors now disappearing when I move away from the base and come back. Is that "intended" now, as well? Having to restart the game every time I go on a trip around my base because my doors disappear renders the whole point of having a base pretty much moot. Now, having a base is not any more fun than it is to fight with each of those damn containers which won't work as the game intended them to work, regardless of your personal opinion when I do finally get back into my base and want to store stuff.

As it stands, the game is currently in unplayable state for me, because I consider base building and -operations, and actually working inventories, to be rather important parts of the game.

Now, please go troll somewhere else.
Attachments:
container.png (358 Kb)
Post edited May 30, 2019 by BlackSun
BlackSun: Apparently, it's back. This exact bug.:

I'm not going to watch an 8+ minute youtube video (I hate youtube) to see what bug it is, but if it's the one where the storage container says you're unable to retrieve the resource or something to that effect, I've experienced it as well. Just once so far, where I couldn't take anything out of the 5th slot in one of my containers. Removing items that would come out and then saving and reloading the game fixed it for me. But yes, that would be damned annoying if it occurs regularly. Like I said, I've only run into it once, so here's hoping it's sporadic.

Re the doors disappearing: are these the doors that you add onto the structures (I assume so)? Not the ones where you build the wall with the opening already built in?
TerriblePurpose: I'm not going to watch an 8+ minute youtube video (I hate youtube) to see what bug it is, but if it's the one where the storage container says you're unable to retrieve the resource or something to that effect
Example timecode: https://youtu.be/wVQsq_SDL0k?t=278
And duplicating items: https://youtu.be/wVQsq_SDL0k?t=94

It's the entire video pretty much, all throughout it keeps happening. Both the refusal ("inventory full"), and pulling stuff out of random other slots and into the container, when you were actually trying to get an item out of the container, not put something in.

Example:
My inventory is empty, and I want carbon from the container. I click, nothing happens, "inventory full". I pull something else out of the container which now magically works (as it should) when it claimed "inventory full" before, then I try to get the carbon again, and the container - instead of giving me the carbon I was trying to get - pulls some random slot out of my inventory and into the container instead.

To me, analyzing what's happening seems to suggest that the "inventory full" actually happens because the container attempts to grab something out of your inventory slots but has no free slot to put it in, while you've actually been trying to retrieve items from the container, not deposit stuff. So if there then happens to be a free slot available in the container, it does indeed pull random stuff from your inventory rather than give you the item you want to retrieve from storage - and on top of that, sometimes, it doesn't actually pull the item out of your inventory properly, but rather duplicates that item and never removes it from your inventory.

It's a hot mess. And yes this video is super old, of a version that's very out of date by today, but this is the exact same bug that somehow, apparently has been resurrected and I've been fighting with for the better part of half an hour before I quit the game to look for something else to actually play that was not broken.
Post edited May 30, 2019 by BlackSun
Strange. I never had this bugs neither the inventory bug nor the disappearing doors and I'm a notorious base-builder. But mostly I use the quick-access to my inventory, maybe that's the reason.
@Blacksun,

What's up with all that novel just to contradict what I say? I know well containers because I'm in the game since release. Look mate, I'm not telling you how to play the game, about that I care like my first slip...
And I'm not too interested in this stuff (there are other more exciting features in the game), if you care make a bug report at Zendesk, nobody else could do anything against it anyway.
Post edited May 30, 2019 by XenonS
Alrun24: Strange. I never had this bugs neither the inventory bug nor the disappearing doors and I'm a notorious base-builder. But mostly I use the quick-access to my inventory, maybe that's the reason.
The disappearing door thing affects doors on the "round room" and small cubiod room series of parts. When a door is added that leads outside and a ramp is attached to the door, then the door and ramp will sometimes disappear when returning to that base. Probably not so much disappear as fail to regenerate, I suppose.

When I use those parts and doors, as with a door leading off of a 4-way corridor, then I fiddle with placing stairs from the basic parts selection (wood, metal, concrete). They don't snap in place; drop a small wall piece, check the fit, repeat if needed. The stairs look better than the ramps, anyway. ;-)
Alrun24: Strange. I never had this bugs neither the inventory bug nor the disappearing doors and I'm a notorious base-builder. But mostly I use the quick-access to my inventory, maybe that's the reason.
Quick access? I've been out of the loop for like a year or so, what do you mean by that...?
dashiichi: When I use those parts and doors, as with a door leading off of a 4-way corridor, then I fiddle with placing stairs from the basic parts selection (wood, metal, concrete). They don't snap in place; drop a small wall piece, check the fit, repeat if needed. The stairs look better than the ramps, anyway. ;-)
Not just the round rooms, even all doors on corridor pieces, too. I got... 1 Door directly built into one of the round rooms, but I got 2 moor doors which each are built into a corridor piece.

And... are you talking the big, whole-tile stairs there...? Clipping into / through the ground...? Interesting, I will keep that one in mind and see what I can do with those. But I kinda like the look of the ramps in my builds. So I never tried anything more creative.
Post edited June 03, 2019 by BlackSun
BlackSun: Not just the round rooms, even all doors on corridor pieces, too. I got... 1 Door directly built into one of the round rooms, but I got 2 moor doors which each are built into a corridor piece.

And... are you talking the big, whole-tile stairs there...? Clipping into / through the ground...? Interesting, I will keep that one in mind and see what I can do with those. But I kinda like the look of the ramps in my builds. So I never tried anything more creative.
Exactly. The stairs in the foreground in the image as well as those leading from the door off of the cross corridor behind them are from the concrete family. As long as I can get them placed so I don't need to "hop" with the jetpack going either direction, then I'm fine.
Attachments: