It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dysterble: I've just started using Mod: Daz's Dirty Ship Flight for 1.58.

A bit of info from the author-
"I've now adjusted: main flight top speed to 150ish with corresponding boost
lowest planet speed now 0, to enable hovering
faster pulse drive, about 2.5 times normal, slightly increased braking to compensate. "

The speed is a little fast for me, but I'm enjoying being able to hover and reverse. I don't know if it works fine on experimental, I rolled back to default 1.58 when I was testing something else, but so far so good.
Aaaand, it's now at version 1.59!
Yeahhh we seem to be going through patches faster than a smoker trying to quit, but the mod seems to still be working ok.
dysterble: Yeahhh we seem to be going through patches faster than a smoker trying to quit, but the mod seems to still be working ok.
That's good to know as I just downloaded it, but had yet to install it!
Probably irrelevant but I just though re-reading back I didn't mention that I use Locked flight control option and 1st person view when flying, so I don't know how it is in tethered and/or 3rd person view. Functionality of the mod will be the same but usability especially because of the speed increase, I've no idea.
dysterble: Probably irrelevant but I just though re-reading back I didn't mention that I use Locked flight control option and 1st person view when flying, so I don't know how it is in tethered and/or 3rd person view. Functionality of the mod will be the same but usability especially because of the speed increase, I've no idea.
I have tried both and there seems to be no difference when it comes to speed. Did HG ever fix this? I am still using 1.57.
ksj8ak2: I never thought of the possibilty you mentioned. Damage resulting in resources earned. Quite a nice treat for balancing :)

As for the improvement of your driving skills, having the game in its current state forcefuly and inavoidably (sp ?) hammer me into structures is clearly not depending on player skill.

That is, and I am repeating myself, a clear case for poking at Hello Games creativity.
Velgor: I submitted a feature request at www.nomanssky.com asking for the removal of the forced forward motion of ships. I stated that we have helicopters that can hover as well as planes such as the Osprey and Harrier jet that can all hover. It doesn't make sense that a sophisticated space ship couldn't do the same. Plus game mechanics wise, it's much more difficult now to land properly or dock with ships/space stations and mine. This feature makes the game less fun to play and has no realism factor due to the above mention of current aircraft that can hover IRL.

Hopefully HG will change this, or we'll get a MOD (again) that fixes it.
Thank you for also submitting a note about that, just as I did -- Adding S Class Pulse Modules adds to the forced forward movement speed. While from a players' perspective this was to be expected, getting an additive hit in something the game engine can't handle properly (I've just again been glued to a Portal) is, at least to me, clearly not a desirable behaviour.