It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I need to know, because the game is heavily discounted on Steam now, and if no patch is coming to GOG, I will buy it on Steam,

Thanks in advance for info.
Kamamura: I need to know...
Yes, it is.
Post edited March 26, 2016 by Gydion
Okay, thanks for the info.
There it is!
ShadowOwl: There it is!
Yay!

Thanks Nordic and gog.
Thank you GOG for adding Russian language :)
WIDESCREEN SUPPORT!
With the new patch the game doesn't work under Windows XP anymore (with a message that program isn't a 32-bit application). Can this be fixed? Maybe GOG can add 32-bit launcher to ensure compatability?
With Galaxy, usually you can install older versions of games.
BrandeX: With Galaxy, usually you can install older versions of games.
Yes, but for some reason old version available via Galaxy doesn't work anymore. Only backup copy which I made a long time ago works. I'm sure something was messed up.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by abr_alex
BrandeX: With Galaxy, usually you can install older versions of games.
abr_alex: Yes, but for some reason old version available via Galaxy doesn't work anymore. Only backup copy which I made a long time ago works. I'm sure something was messed up.
I wonder if they updated it to a 64-bit application. Might be what they had to do to make it work better on modern computers.
high rated
abr_alex: With the new patch the game doesn't work under Windows XP anymore (with a message that program isn't a 32-bit application). Can this be fixed? Maybe GOG can add 32-bit launcher to ensure compatability?
It isn't a 32/64-bit issue - the headers of the nexus.exe and nexusDX9.exe files have values set to block them running on WinXP/Win2K (causing them to fail with the "not a valid Win32 application" message). Given that Nexus originally ran on Win9x plus the GOG gamecard still lists it as WinXP compatible, this does need to be addressed by GOG Support.

In the meantime however, affected owners can get the files to run on WinXP (and Win2K) with the following steps:

* Download and install a hex editor (I suggest using the free HxD);
* Make backup copies of nexus.exe and nexusDX9.exe (HxD will make backup copies too, but better to play safe);
* Open nexus.exe using HxD and change bytes 140 and 148 (hex) from 06 to 04 (see the outlined values in Nexus.gif) - save this altered file;
* Open nexusDX9.exe using HxD and change bytes 180 and 188 (hex) from 06 to 04 (see the outlined values in NexusDX9.gif) - save this altered file;
* Try running either file, both should now work.

I have tested this with multiple savegames from different parts of the campaign and encountered no problems (on a WinXP SP3 system) though I can't guarantee that this will work for everyone else. However my experience seems to show there is no valid reason to block execution on WinXP and this is likely due to Mithis using Visual Studio 2015 or a similar tool that requires patching for WinXP support.
Attachments:
nexus.gif (133 Kb)
nexusdx9.gif (131 Kb)
Post edited April 09, 2016 by AstralWanderer
abr_alex: With the new patch the game doesn't work under Windows XP anymore (with a message that program isn't a 32-bit application). Can this be fixed? Maybe GOG can add 32-bit launcher to ensure compatability?
AstralWanderer: It isn't a 32/64-bit issue - the headers of the nexus.exe and nexusDX9.exe files have values set to block them running on WinXP/Win2K (causing them to fail with the "not a valid Win32 application" message). Given that Nexus originally ran on Win9x plus the GOG gamecard still lists it as WinXP compatible, this does need to be addressed by GOG Support.

In the meantime however, affected owners can get the files to run on WinXP (and Win2K) with the following steps:

* Make backup copies of nexus.exe and nexusDX9.exe (HxD will make backup copies too, but better to play safe);
* Open nexus.exe using HxD and change bytes 140 and 148 (hex) from 06 to 04 (see the outlined values in Nexus.gif) - save this altered file;
* Open nexusDX9.exe using HxD and change bytes 180 and 188 (hex) from 06 to 04 (see the outlined values in NexusDX9.gif) - save this altered file;

I have tested this with multiple savegames from different parts of the campaign and encountered no problems (on a WinXP SP3 system) though I can't guarantee that this will work for everyone else. However my experience seems to show there is no valid reason to block execution on WinXP and this is likely due to Mithis using Visual Studio 2015 or a similar tool that requires patching for WinXP support.
This issue is being investigated, thanks for letting us know :)
AstralWanderer: It isn't a 32/64-bit issue - the headers of the nexus.exe and nexusDX9.exe files have values set to block them running on WinXP/Win2K (causing them to fail with the "not a valid Win32 application" message). Given that Nexus originally ran on Win9x plus the GOG gamecard still lists it as WinXP compatible, this does need to be addressed by GOG Support.

JudasIscariot: This issue is being investigated, thanks for letting us know :)
Any news on the issue investigation?
JudasIscariot: This issue is being investigated, thanks for letting us know :)
abr_alex: Any news on the issue investigation?
Waiting on a fixed version from Nordic.