It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm pretty sure my computer has the processing power required to run this, however my graphics card is the weakest link in the chain and was wondering how this game will run on an ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO?

I'm not fussed about running on highest graphics settings etc (in fact I understand turning off shadows is a must of most cards), I just want to make sure it runs smoothly.

Other settings in case it makes a difference are:
Windows Vista
Processor: Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.40GHz
Mem: 3.00GB

Many thanks
This question / problem has been solved by searimage
mrmonkeyman: I'm pretty sure my computer has the processing power required to run this, however my graphics card is the weakest link in the chain and was wondering how this game will run on an ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO?

I'm not fussed about running on highest graphics settings etc (in fact I understand turning off shadows is a must of most cards), I just want to make sure it runs smoothly.

Other settings in case it makes a difference are:
Windows Vista
Processor: Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.40GHz
Mem: 3.00GB

Many thanks
I'm pretty sure it'll run, but also pretty sure you'd have to lower the settings.

I first ran it with a single core 2,4Ghz AMD system with 2GB RAM, but it did have Nvidia 9600GTS which is a somewhat faster card (while everything else was a lot slower), and it didn't run completely smooth for me, but did run acceptably (by my standards). The thing is, I'm not at all sure if the occasional choppiness was due to GPU or CPU.

If I had to bet, I'd say it will run smooth if you lower the graphics settings and resolution enough. But not on average settings.
The AMD processor could well have been the cause for the choppiness you experienced, Jarmo. There's a fix for that, and the Client Extension fixes some other causes for choppiness. Also for non-AMD, try running it in a single core, and not the one that your OS is using.

As for myself, I get a smooth game with full shadows at 1920x1080 except in certain densely packed areas like the Samarach marketplace in SoZ, with my Intel 2-core and a good graphics card.
Post edited January 25, 2013 by touched
---
Post edited September 25, 2023 by coffeecatttt
Thanks for the responses. Decided to give it a go based on the above and it seems to be running ok after tinkering with the graphic settings. A little drop in frame rate here and there as predicted but still perfectly playable.