It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello.

There is older alert topics about this but I don't want to necrothread (cause it's chaotic evil ^^).

In the glorious days of NWN, I used to play with the English CD version (because at release, the french version was available only some months later). The last patch is 1.69 (the one for GOG English version).

I have kept my original directory from this period (it follows me on every new PC) but with my purchase on GOG I decided to test the french version of the game (I'm used to English voices but I'm curious :)).

After install, the game shows me some strange behaviour compared to my English version, so I checked the files.
And to my surprise, I realised that the french version on GOG is only 1.68 !

At the time of 1.69 patch, Atari (who totally s*** in term of support and doesn't care about customers, you know the end of this story) decided to NOT release localised version of the patch.
But Bioware (who, on the opposite, was a very respectful company) decided to take care of this, with the help of many gamers, and to release itself localised versions for other countries.

This process took a LONG time, but eventually the localised 1.69 patchs were made available (but without advertisement because of their "beta" state, Bioware wanted to spend not too much money in testing, which is understandable).

Sooooo. For people who need it, there IS a 1.69 patch for french NWN. The critical rebuilt is available here, on Bioware site :
http://files.bioware.com/neverwinternights/updates/beta/french/NWNFrench1.69HotUUpdate.exe

Good game !