It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CreepingDeath1907: i have every deps for with movies option but it says you're lack of gcc multilib and other deps.?
vv221: Here is the full list of deps for building the package with movies management:

fakeroot gcc gcc-multilib icoutils libelf-dev:i386 libsdl1.2-dev unar
vv221:
Yeah,i installed libelf-dev i386.That was the missing one.

Then i succesfully installed the game with 1.69 tar.g and new script.Unfortunately game asks for cd key.

Where is it?Nwn diamond in my library,but there is no sign of it.
CreepingDeath1907: (…)
To find your keys:
_find Neverwinter Nights Diamond in your library
_open the "More" menu
_click "serial keys"

These keys are unique and work for multiplayer.
CreepingDeath1907: (…)
vv221: To find your keys:
_find Neverwinter Nights Diamond in your library
_open the "More" menu
_click "serial keys"

These keys are unique and work for multiplayer.
Thanks,i finally manage to get in the game.

It works great so far,thanks for your patience and work :)
good day!

it's strange but i can't play with movies

without movies game work, but when i try with movies it's say
"./nwmain: symbol lookup error: ./nwmovies.so: undefined symbol: deflateEnd"

ps: it's start work after install "libsdl1.2debian:i386"
i was not
install *.deb, and try extract it and play
Post edited December 10, 2016 by AK_
update
release 20161207.3

Fix auto-detection of German installer
Rename .TLK/.tlk files if needed
Post edited December 12, 2016 by vv221
Firstly, bravo on this. I was shocked at how easy this was to follow. I opted for the no-movies approach, and did a fresh download from GOG on a freshly installed Ubuntu 16.04 64 Bit on a new SSD. Part of the shock came from how everything seemed to just work step after step after step. I will admit that my first attempt to run the second last command ("as root: dpkg somethingsomething") gave a dependency error, but googling that error got me to run something that ends in install -f and that seemed to solve things, and then I was able run the game.

So I did some testing, and was able to get in game, change the resolution from 800x600 (or whatever it defaulted to) to 1920x1080 and that was a thrill.

Here's where I noticed something unusual though. When I adjust the Texture slider under video options, it responds, and lets me reposition the slider fine, but hitting Apply has no effect. Thus, I can't seem to get the game to use the high-quality textures, rather than the low quality ones. I even took a look at the nwn.ini, both in the /usr/local/share/game directory as well as in ~/.config/ directory, played with the arguments for texture packs, no change.

So, my "problem" seems pretty minor in comparison to the rest of the challenges I've read from others in this entire thread, but I wondered if anyone else came up against something like this, and how they solved it? It would be nice to be able to get the high-end textures, or, even change it on the fly like I have been able to when running under wine.

Next question, now that this install is working as well as it is - would it be weird to drop the windows executables into the directory and then try running it under wine, mostly to compare performance? And by "would it be weird". I guess what I really mean is, would that actually work to run this same installation under wine...?
Post edited May 13, 2017 by arpitwo
arpitwo: (…)
First of all, thank you for your nice feedback ;)

If you want to try comparing the performances between native and WINE engines, I think it might be easier to do it from Ganni1987’s custom patch, as the ./play.it method does not include all needed files from the Windows version.
arpitwo: (…)
vv221: First of all, thank you for your nice feedback ;)

If you want to try comparing the performances between native and WINE engines, I think it might be easier to do it from Ganni1987’s custom patch, as the ./play.it method does not include all needed files from the Windows version.
The praise is well deserved. If your talents are or will ever be involved in the development of a game, or even a mod for NWN, and you need voice acting, you can have me for free - that's how much I appreciate your contribution to this game and its community.

The WINE comparison was more for my geeky curiosity than anything else, though. What would really make my day would be playing with the high-end texture packs. Can I presume I am the first user to encounter this issue of being "stuck" with the low-res texture packs?
arpitwo: What would really make my day would be playing with the high-end texture packs. Can I presume I am the first user to encounter this issue of being "stuck" with the low-res texture packs?
I’ll give a try to texture resolution switching when I have a bit of free time, I’ll keep you tuned of my results ;)
Update

Neverwinter Nights
Script updated to ./play.it 2, bringing Arch Linux support amongst other nice things.
Usage instructions shown on ./play.it website have been updated, I hope this new version is less intimidating and easier to follow.
Following a request by caliban, Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition support is ready to be tested: New game: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

direct download link to the game script: play-neverwinter-nights-1-enhanced-edition.sh

Test reports would of course be welcome ;)
Hello vv221, I tested it by building the packages: sh play-neverwinter-nights-1-enhanced-edition.sh --prefix=/opt/games

and then I installed it with dpkg -i /opt/public/neverwinter-nights-1-enhanced-edition-l10n-de_1.80.8193.9-gog37029+20200428.9_all.deb /opt/public/neverwinter-nights-1-enhanced-edition-data_1.80.8193.9-gog37029+20200428.9_all.deb /opt/public/neverwinter-nights-1-enhanced-edition_1.80.8193.9-gog37029+20200428.9_amd64.deb and apt install -f

It worked, the game was indeed installed to /opt/games and it was executable. Only the locals where not correct, I have an english default installation

Best regards Christian
Caliban72: It worked, the game was indeed installed to /opt/games and it was executable. Only the locals where not correct, I have an english default installation
I wrote a piece of documentation about this here: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Change game language
I’m still not sure if I missed something, or if there is indeed no way to change the language from the game.

By the way, currently ./play.it gives the ability to play with the text in any supported language, but only the English (default) or French voices. Would you be interested in support for the German voices too?
Post edited April 30, 2020 by vv221
vv221: I wrote a piece of documentation about this here: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Change game language
I’m still not sure if I missed something, or if there is indeed no way to change the language from the game.
No, this solves the in game language setting. My menus and in game texts are now in german.

By the way, currently ./play.it gives the ability to play with the text in any supported language, but only the English (default) or French voices. Would you be interested in support for the German voices too?
I played the game then, about 15 years ago, with german voices too. So it would be a great keepsake to be able to play the offical campagnes with these voices again. But most of time I'll use custom modules anyway. I already moved into my new installation with all my hak-packs and modules. About 10GB already. Let's see what still works.

Are the localized voices are not included in the Extras?

BR Christian