It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I downloaded NWN yesterday and installed it today. In the Options menu it says the version is 1.69. I haven't applied any patches after installation. So is the patch preinstalled or is it because I installed the patch sometime ago and uninstalled the game? May be it's a registry issue?

I'm asking because I have noticed something like that before when the game would show 1.69 when it's not really correct.

Thanks.
Well mine is a first time install & it shows 1.69
yes it's patched, at some point you had to install critical rebuild patch or something like that but i believe it has been included in the main installer already so no further patching is needed.
I also heard GOG added the missing files to their install.

Personally I would however get the 1.69 patch anyway. Its not that much of a hassle just to be sure...

http://www.neverwinternights.info/players.htm
Post edited October 31, 2011 by superfly2000
Yes, it's fully patched now. There's no need to install the 1.69 critical rebuild patch. At this point, re-applying the patch to the GOG version could potentially do more harm than good.
KillingMachine: Yes, it's fully patched now. There's no need to install the 1.69 critical rebuild patch. At this point, re-applying the patch to the GOG version could potentially do more harm than good.
Not true. Installing the Critical Rebuild will only do "harm" to anything you have in the override. The GOG installation is borked - the game MUST BE intalled to the root directory of your hdd (usually c:/). Numerous issues arise from having the game installed to the Programs or Programs (x86) folders, including but not limited to:

1. Failure to patch correctly.
2. Failure of the NWN Content Installer.
3. Failure of the Config utility to work at all (mind you it stopped working reliably some time ago).
4. Failure of numerous third-party utilities - NWN Shader, Rsync (used by Project Q), etc.
KillingMachine: Yes, it's fully patched now. There's no need to install the 1.69 critical rebuild patch. At this point, re-applying the patch to the GOG version could potentially do more harm than good.
Pstemarie: Not true. Installing the Critical Rebuild will only do "harm" to anything you have in the override. The GOG installation is borked - the game MUST BE intalled to the root directory of your hdd (usually c:/). Numerous issues arise from having the game installed to the Programs or Programs (x86) folders, including but not limited to:

1. Failure to patch correctly.
2. Failure of the NWN Content Installer.
3. Failure of the Config utility to work at all (mind you it stopped working reliably some time ago).
4. Failure of numerous third-party utilities - NWN Shader, Rsync (used by Project Q), etc.
Nowhere did I say that you should install the game to the Programs directory. If you've downloaded the GOG version recently, it already has everything included in the 1.69 critical rebuild. The reason I stated that re-installing the critical rebuild could do more harm than good is for the reason you stated. It can bork something else you may already have installed in your override. On a clean install it shouldn't be necessary.
Post edited October 31, 2011 by KillingMachine
Right, YOU didn't say to install the game there, the GOG Installer puts the game in the Programs folder unless you change the destination. You'd be surprised the number of folks posting issues on the Bioware Boards that are directly related to the GOG default path.

As to the 1.69 Patch being included, that may be the case but some people are still having issues with it. I just walked a friend through IM on resolving issues with the game running - which he purchased last week. First we had to move it to the C:/, then we went through the usual troubleshooting checklist, and finally had to use the Critical Rebuild to get things running right.
Post edited October 31, 2011 by Pstemarie
It can't hurt to download the critical rebuild file and keep it somewhere handy.